Battlefield 3

Had another session on it tonight with my mates and it was as crap as ever. We left about 9 or 10 matches because of either lag, awful matchmaking (eg. an attacking team on Rush taking both MCOM stations without losing a ticket and within 30 seconds, or CQ matches with farcical scores of 0-200 etc, over and over again), or we'd leave because the game seems incapable of placing four of us already in a party on the same side, even when there are ample spaces to do so.

I think it plays like a cross between BF and COD personally and is all the worse for it. I mean some guy racked up a stupid score in a Rush match of 61 kills to 15 deaths. How? He spent the entire match sprinting around firing an F2000 from the hip. Pathetic.

Dunno, it's really odd. Just did another game, some guy dominated with a score of 33-1. Seriously how the fuck are people doing this by running and gunning? It's rewarding COD style play all over the place.

There is NO matchmaking AT ALL. I've still in 10 hours played yet to have a single closely contested game. It's a horrible mess. Our team yet again failed to hold any MCOM stations longer than about 1 minute, then when we were attacking they cut us down to just 2 remaining tickets before I quit. I was second on our team with a score of 2 kills, 5 deaths, whereas the other team had 5 players on scores of 12-2 minimum. This happens over, and over, and over.

Last edited:
huh i never play team death match lol, maybe thats your problem...deathamtch is for rambos who wanna rack up kills.

I play conquest and soemtimes rush..these are team games.

I guess I posed my question in a confusing manner. You know how they have the standard rush and conquest modes; well, I was wondering if y'all play the team modes, team CQ and team rush where you play with a limited amount of players and if those matches have more actual team based play (excluding team death match since obviously that is every man for themselves).

Last edited:
Continuing to take a beating in this game. For someone who was pretty competent at BC2 I don't understand why I'm mostly finishing on negative k/d scores. Finished a CQ match with 1 kill and 12 deaths! Yet I must have got about 10 assists at least. I'm gonna do the port forwarding thing I read about on 1-Up.com, they really recommend it. The reason I'm suspicious about it is that the other team always feel like they're about a second ahead of me. If someone comes round a corner its as if they shot me before they actually appear, like they're already shooting, and on other occasions I can hit a guy with an antire clip, with hit markers, and he'll get up and run off, then pop up and shoot me and I go down the moment I get hit. One game, I crept up behind a guy who was lying prone. He was looking down his sights and facing the other way. I shot him in the back with 30 bullets, he still wouldn't die, and while reloading he actually realised, stood up, turned round, and knifed me.

The fame feels like it freezes for a split second on occasion and I'm constantly getting that green screen flicker that was in the beta trial. I'm suspecting my difficulties might be lag related, especially since it coincided with getting a new router after downgrading from 50mb to 30mb broadband.

Just played another little session today of around 7-8 games and it was all fine.

Maybe when you are on the first few levels the match making is better? then when you increase more the matchmaking becomes shit?

Anyway at the moment everytime I play Rush everyone is defending the stations etc and it is fun :DD

I guess I posed my question in a confusing manner. You know how they have the standard rush and conquest modes; well, I was wondering if y'all play the team modes, team CQ and team rush where you play with a limited amount of players and if those matches have more actual team based play (excluding team death match since obviously that is every man for themselves).

sometimes I play team squad deatmacth 4 teams of 4...it can be quite good fun.

Sqaud rush kinda sucks...to empty.

Just played another little session today of around 7-8 games and it was all fine.

Maybe when you are on the first few levels the match making is better? then when you increase more the matchmaking becomes shit?

Anyway at the moment everytime I play Rush everyone is defending the stations etc and it is fun :DD

I am on some of the first few levels and there's no matchmaking. Today me and my mates faced a team completely full of people who have ranked up to colonel several times over. It yet again took just four of us over half an hour just to get a game that didn't split us up. And when we managed to, two of us left because it was boring. Several matches ended with the top scoring player on either side with about two kills, and two of those entire matches I didn't see a single foot soldier all game. What kind of FPS can go 15 minutes without seeing ANY enemies to shoot at all? I did get blown up repeatedly by tanks though, and if I got into one myself I'd be blown up by amazing jet flyers circling over your spawn areas. What fun. There are more balancing issues than Medal of Honor, and that's saying something.

Last edited:
I said it before and Ill say it again BF3 is a pc game Id stick to bfbc2 or MW2/3 on consoles.

I havent even played on consoles its just the way I think it is.

THey made console versions for extra cash but really bf is a pc game.

I think I've become one of those annoying fucks who spams the mortar launcher.

I find the mortar strangely satisfying and I've racked up a fair few kills and taken out a number of vehicles with them. Rather than camping and spending the whole round firing them off I try and use them tactically, supporting the capture/defence of objectives and using smoke rounds as well (something nobody else ever does). Counter-mortar mortaring is great fun, too. I took out a fellow mortar spammer eight times on Seine crossing. What an idiot!

I think I've become one of those annoying fucks who spams the mortar launcher.

I find the mortar strangely satisfying and I've racked up a fair few kills and taken out a number of vehicles with them. Rather than camping and spending the whole round firing them off I try and use them tactically, supporting the capture/defence of objectives and using smoke rounds as well (something nobody else ever does). Counter-mortar mortaring is great fun, too. I took out a fellow mortar spammer eight times on Seine crossing. What an idiot!

I like the mortar until the opponents get a mortar its so easy for mortar guy to kill mortar guy..I dont know if u even have to be spotted it seems mortars show up on mortars map automatcally which is quite silly if the case?

Nonetheless you can kill a mortar guy so easy with your mortar.

MOrtar is good on rush. Other day I dropped mortar on the team trying to defuse m-com and there was tank there got like 5 kills + supression assits+ assits etc

I like the mortar until the opponents get a mortar its so easy for mortar guy to kill mortar guy..I dont know if u even have to be spotted it seems mortars show up on mortars map automatcally which is quite silly if the case?

Nonetheless you can kill a mortar guy so easy with your mortar.

MOrtar is good on rush. Other day I dropped mortar on the team trying to defuse m-com and there was tank there got like 5 kills + supression assits+ assits etc

As soon as you fire a mortar your position is shown on the map, which is actually fairly realistic as mortar and artillery fire can be traced back to source quickly in real life. The way to use it intelligently is to keep changing your position. Stay somewhere too long and you will be taken out.

Having said that, I'm very close to giving up on this game completely. Too many games are a complete mismatch, with me struggling to get a kill. I'm not a bad player at all. I was decent in BC2, but in this I just can't compete with the people who spend their whole lives on this game, who have all the best weapons and equipment, and either camp or run around my base spawn killing, shooting from the hip.

Having said that, I'm very close to giving up on this game completely. Too many games are a complete mismatch, with me struggling to get a kill. I'm not a bad player at all. I was decent in BC2, but in this I just can't compete with the people who spend their whole lives on this game, who have all the best weapons and equipment, and either camp or run around my base spawn killing, shooting from the hip.

u on console version?

Mortar good point shoot then move eh

I'm positive that EA's servers are struggling with the volume of people, or just having bad problems at their end. I saw some crazy stuff last night. Two of my mates were going barmy over their headsets that a team dominating us were taking crazy amounts of damage, then I saw it with my own eyes. From the side, I saw two of my mates shooting some guy in the chest for absolutely ages, he just walked towards them and mowed both of them down from the hip. Ridiculous, because what I saw was him being shot for ages before he retaliated. When they died my mates said he was still on 55% health.

When a team or player get cricket scores on this they mostly feel like they're 2 seconds ahead of you. Our reactions haven't gotten that bad since BC2 for sure.

BTW, what level unlocks the mortars? I'm on level 11 right now.

I like using the mortar on Rush too, but I can only kill mortar guys, camping guys and vehicles never die, I only get a hitmarker.
And how do you use smoke rounds?

Mortars are part of the support kit so you just have to plug away with that until you get it.

To switch between smoke and high explosive rounds is left and right on the d-pad. It's highlighted on the screen when you set up a mortar.

Well I am having a great time on this. Mainly sticking to CQ and Squad DM. It took a while to adjust after Bad Company 2 but I'm adjusting. Not sure why some are not having a good time with it. The matchmaking seems pretty good to me. Hopefully Bitter and Jaygrim can back me up on having a good time with this.

Well I am having a great time on this. Mainly sticking to CQ and Squad DM. It took a while to adjust after Bad Company 2 but I'm adjusting. Not sure why some are not having a good time with it. The matchmaking seems pretty good to me. Hopefully Bitter and Jaygrim can back me up on having a good time with this.

Yes I enjoyed killing you both last night even though I'm not a fan of squad DM. I only like it if I'm killing people I know.

well i nearly didn't get up for work today...

To anyone reading this bar becanes

where can i get battlefied 3 cheap on the PC, will only use it for multiplayer.

or am i better off waiting for a sale? what sort of price would it be?

can i buy second hand or are the codes online like the xbox 360

thanks

Back
Top Bottom