AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread - Milan - Bologna

I gotta disagree with you here mate.

About Zambrotta, the defenders you mentioned are basically all the milan defenders without Nesta and Senderos. Kaladze should now be considered more of a CB so is Maldini. Bonera can play there rarely. Plus, don't forget that this year is the last year for Maldini and Favalli also and I heard that Oddo will be offloaded to Lyon.

Borriello in 1-2 years time will be very needed. Inzaghi is 35 and Shevchenko is about 32 and he is only 25 so get him to the team and get him work with his teammates so he will be very useful next year.

Shevchenko is a special case knowing his relation with the Boss.

Ronaldinho, you can never say NO to Ronaldinho. He is creative and can be useful. Plus, he maybe a replacement if Kaka forces a move to London next year.

Finally, Flamini is the best move of the summer. He will in no time take Gattuso place although Gattuso has shown his fighting spirit again in pre-season.

I'm not saying Borriello is bad, I like him, but I feel he is being pushed to the end of the queue. I don't think Zambrotta was the man we needed. Too similar to Oddo, and in poor form. We need someone else, Maggio would've been great.

Maggio would have defo been better. But I heard we launched a bid but was rejected maybe Milan or another team I forgot.

the borriello situation is kinda grotesque....
last season he showed us he can play like that monster he was supposed to be when he was a 18 years old kid... for the first time in his carreer he was happy, satisfied about his performances... and as soon as milan rumours rose, he clearely said "i won't move back to milan unless they'll give me a starter spot" (and he was absolutely right, coz it's most important, in this moment of his carreer to prove himself he can be consistant... to feed his own confidence)...
he eventually decided to say "yes" to milan.... then he got injured.... and now milan bought sheva :DOH:

and the funniest thing is that now he can't even ask to be sent somewhere else (coz he's injured)..
oh dear...
i feel for him, but as stef said, he shouldn't have joined milan in first place.

anyway i agree with zeem, looking at it from milan's point of view, it was a good move, as marco is gonna be an important factor for the rossoneri.

do they make tours of the stadium on match days?
cuz i've been at the stadium this sunday, but i forgat the supercoppa was to be played...
so what i'm asking is: when is the best day i can visit the stadium?

11367_big.jpg

:))

Gattuso did'nt really want him back. That will cause some troubles :DD

Wish him the best ofcourse :))

But gattuso and shev played together before right?
Were there any problems before?

Yes but Gattuso several times before said that he would 'nt welcome Shevchenko if he came back to Milan. I meant it in that way but there has never been trouble between them before no.

Oddo loaned out to Bayern Don't understand why. He is 32. Selling him would have been better.

Brocchi moves to Lazio. Good. Opens place to Valeso next year :DD

Here is my impression on some players from yesterday's games:

Ronaldinho Great performance. He took Pirlo's role as a playmaker of the team and created many chances that unfourtunatly only one ended in the goal. Really impressed.

Zambrotta Great debut. Up and down esoecially when he switched to the left where he really communicated greatly with Ronaldinho.

Flamini No doubt an amazing performance. Never stoped running and was all over Bologna players. Great signing.

Shevchenko A bit slow. Every time he dribbles a foul is called against him. Lost a winning chance but I'll wait :))

Defence Maldini had a brilliant game and saved our goal when Di Vaoi was alone in front of goal. Kaladze made several mistakes and cost us the first goal.

Shevchenko - Rubbish, he only came on to please Berlusconi. Pato should've come on much sooner. Shevchenko isn't young anymore, hes slow, he hasnt played regular football for 2 years. Instead of wasting money on him, a defender was CLEARLY needed yesterday.

I'd rather Flamini play as center back than Kaladze. Recently he has been sloppy and leaving far too much space for attackers. I think he needs a break or something, its been the same for the last year.

Positives:
Maldini
Ambrosini
Flamini
Ronaldinho
Zambrotta

Pirlo, imo, was very poor. Very predictable, slow, and didn't close down players through the middle. It was also the team's fault for not giving him shorter options, instead we just went further up so he was forced to long ball it, which made us lose the ball and allowed them to counter attack.

Pippo wasn't the man for this game. When playing a team that is coming to our turf to play counter attacking defensive football, you need flair, this is where Pato was needed. Not Sheva and not Pippo. As soon as Pato came on, we had 2 great chances. Him, Seedorf and Ronaldinho are capable of spreading their defense and creating more chances, hence every time Ronnie got the ball, it was a new chance. With Pippo, we are forced to feed Pippo complicated balls, and with his poor control and dribbling, its a complete waste.

Last edited:

Ivanovic would have been the PERFECT signing for you. What happened?

well I think we choose Shevchenko from Chelsea :S

But it was sad by Galliani that Sheva had a really huge paycut than the one he had. I doubt Milan payed over 20 mill for him.

r10 great played but defenders and inzaghi were bad..

my squad:

------------Dida--------------

Zambro----Maldini(Nesta??)--Senderos--Jankulovski

----------------Pirlo----Flamini------

Seedorf----------------------------Ronaldinho

-------------------Kaka----------------

--------------------Sheva----------------

Pato is a fast but yet budding i would put Sheva over Pato initially with Pato coming in acting as a Super-Sub.... come on Pirlo has to be in the team he is good!!

Pato is a fast but yet budding i would put Sheva over Pato initially with Pato coming in acting as a Super-Sub.... come on Pirlo has to be in the team he is good!!

Pirlo's form is quite poor compared to what he is capable of. Ambrosini is arguably our best midfielder right now. Pato is much more effective than Sheva. Sheva is as slow as a donkey and showed this in the Euros and against Bologna.

Shevchenko playing on the right side is a ver bad idea. He is slow and not that much of a dribbler as before. Pato is definately better in that position.

Seedorf should be replaced by Kaka as he is not returning to defend anymore.

As for Ambrosini, he is a full package I would say. Good attacker, Good defender, Good dribbler, and quite fast. Pirlo is the team's playmaker. With R80 now here. I find it hard to prove himself.

I think too much trouble will happen this year with that many stars which I think will end in Kaka' leaving next year :(

AC Milan's Brazilian forward Kaka will consider joining City next summer if they can qualify for the Champions League. (The Observer) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Man City need about 3-4 years if they want to qualify for CL. Spurs are now better. Also I doubt Kaka' will leave to Man City so soon.. If he leaves its either Chelsea or Madrid.

Players that are probably leaving Milan next year:

Maldini(Retiring)
Favalli(Retiring)
Inzaghi(Retiring)
Seedorf(Back to Holland)
Dida(Probably back to Brazil)

Unless we don't qualify for the CL again then a new coach and probably a new team.

And maybe Kaka' as I consider Ronaldinho a replacement for him that opened a door for him to leave. Plus, he never really admitted that he doesnot want to leave. He keeps on saying as long the President is satisfied, then he will stay. But if he leaves, I hope he flops and then begs us to buy him back like Sheva. :DD

Last edited:

I don't think Ronnie was Kaka's replacement. imo he was for us to make money and to boost ticket sales since we aren't in great shape. In Italy it's believed that Sheva is a loan, so he will leave:D

Re: The AC Milan Thread - Genoa - Milan

I always fear Kaka will leave one day, but he does surprise me a lot with what he says. With Real Madrid, he came out himself and said "I will never leave". Two years in a row he said stuff like that. Now with City he says:
“First it was Real Madrid and now it is fashionable to talk about England,” Kaka said.

“The market goes like that - Milan make offers to other clubs and they make offers to Milan.

“But I would never ask to leave. I have always been treated well by the directors and the relationship is excellent.

“One day people may have a different attitude towards me, but that doesn't seem possible to me.

“I would only leave if the Rossoneri decided to sell me, or the day that we don't have the same objectives and I don't see that happening.

Maybe there is hope after all!

primapagina_large.jpg

Last edited:

He'll stay until Roman or City offer the club a fee they won't refuse. Everyone has their price it seems.

Well from what I inderstand is that he staying for now, but not ruling out a move in the future but not the close future :) Unless Milan don't qualify for CL AGAIN then he'll surely leave.

Back
Top Bottom