AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

ARSENAL: Lehmann; Sagna, Gallas, Tourè, Clichy; Ebouè, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb; Eduardo, Adebayor.

MILAN: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Pato.

pato from start will be interesting to see.

15 min to kickoff, FORZA MILAN:salute:

fair result... kalac kept us in the game imo great goalkeeping! ;)
defense especially maldini was solid...

so close for adebayor in the final seconds! :shock:

Last edited:

"Siam venuti fin qua,
siam venuti fin qua,
per vedere segnare Kakà"

TRANSLATION (not 100% accurate but it gives the right sense to the sentence):
"We came even here,
we came even here,
to see Kakà score"

The sentence "we came even here" seems having to be interpreted as "we came even this far"

Pato will be the crucial for Milan to win... Seedorf have to use all his experience, Pirlo dead ball expert and Kaka has to show the world why he is the best footballer in the world... but have to arsenal are not going to be pushovers... gonna be a great second leg...

No excuses, Milan were not good enough. They need fresh players - their old men can't hack Serie A let alone the Champions League anymore.

Well this surely will make Milan consider buying new especially young players this summer.
I think Milan played a good game but it was not enough. Kaka had some amazing runs and Maldini showed class, but it was not good enough. Fatigue also played a major role in the loss.
Maybe next year with Benzema, Drogba, and Zambrotta :D

Come on guys, we'll be back next year fighting to take the cup back from whoever will win it this year..

This will most probably be the last match of Paolo Maldini in Champions League, and it makes me sad to see how did it end.

Thank you Paolo, you're a true football LEGEND.

He was again our best player. Now maybe Galliani and Braida can see that we need new players and maybe Ancelotti can change our tactics because his tactics seem to have been going downhill this season. Oddo was always open but they never passed to him.

I`m buying a Kit top w/ Maldini`s name on it...what class a true legend I couldn`t believe how tough he is to get around

I`m buying a Kit top w/ Maldini`s name on it...what class a true legend I couldn`t believe how tough he is to get around

sweet mate! had mine purchased before the season... wore it everytime in pubs for matches, got a few free drinks by just wearing it as well... :) funny thing is, my girlfriend bought me this years arsenal away top (herbert chapman) for christmas... she said that of all the tops she saw it was the only one worth paying for :lol: might have eduardo's name ironed on it in the future...

Time to hang up the boots of some of your players after this defeat.The old boys are OWNED by a young team of Goons.Time to rebuild lads.Worthy champions last season,worthy losers this time round.Cheers.

Agree with phrase. Time for a rebuild. Time to give players like Gourcuff a chance. Time for some younger talent in defense. Milan looked completely off color.

players like Emerson sure need to depart. I mean the guy looks older then Ancelotti himself :mryellow:

They need fresh players - their old men can't hack Serie A let alone the Champions League anymore.

Zeem said:
Well this surely will make Milan consider buying new especially young players this summer.

Phrase said:
Time to hang up the boots of some of your players after this defeat.

Abhishek said:
Time for a rebuild.

i can't honestly agree with u guys. Galliani and braida sure will have to do something in the next trasfer market window, but it's not about "rebuilding a team"... at least acccording to my idea of "rebuilding".

when i talk about team rebuilding, i mean making serious adjustements to the spine of the team ( the gk, the 2 cbs, the 2 central midfielders, 1 foward).

talking about the gk, yeah, they should really do something :-pp

but talking about the other sectors....
the cb duo (nesta - kaladze) are not that old...... and btw no matter wich is their age...... who should take their place???
i mean yesterday milan was simply outplayed by those u guys like to call "young guns".
but do u think ancelotti would like to trade his cbs with venger's ones?????:LOL:

the undeniable point is that, no matter how young senderos, tourè and gallas are, kaladze and nesta are on another planet, talking about positioning, technique, awareness, timing, tactical vision, ecc.
i rate a lot gallas and toure (really a lot) but nesta and kaladze are probably the best u can find in europe today (especially if u also consider the magnific chemistry they have, after playing together for so many years).
besides toure and gallas are just 2 years younger than kaladze and nesta ;))

the same goes for the midfield. fabregas and flamini are an AWESOME couple, but honestly do u think they're better than pirlo and gattuso???? andrea and ringhio are probably the best players in the world in their own roles, and they're far from being old.

every time galliani is asked about his transfers strategies he always replies the same way...
"we're not lazy neither cheapskates... we would buy some players if we would be able to find better players than our starters.... but where are theese better players? could u name me a better cb than nesta? or a better playmaker than pirlo? or a better defensive midfielder than gattuso? or a better advanced midfielder than kakà???"

what galliani says is honestly undeniable. milan's spine is still fit and world class and there are no such good players available for transfer in europe.

nontheless sure galliani did many mistakes in the past 2 years. he missed many chances.
infact, even though milan starting 11 is still one of europe's best, they need to work on their backups.

nesta is just unreplacable, but he's also quite injury prone. bonera sure is milan-worthy but he's not enough. i mean look at the european top clubs rosters.... they all have more cbs than milan. 1 good backup cb is not enough for a team who has to face 3 competitions every year.

talking about sidebacks (wich are the only side players in milan's gameplan) oddo and jankulovski are ok, but who are their backups? serginho, cafu and favalli :DOH:
milan should have tried to get sergio ramos when it was possible to get him. now it isn't anymore, but they could still go for dani alves.... who is not as good and complete as sergio, but still remains one the world's best right back (besides he would be perfect to absolve cafu's duties).
they should also find another left back, but this it's harder, as there are not many good left footed sidebacks in europe...

with ambrosini, pirlo and gattuso they have no problems in midfield, but they should seriously find someone to take seedorf's spot, as he has been pretty unconstant in the last 2 years (gourcouff?).

so it's not about rebuilding a team. but they need to do something for some roles, and sure they need to increase the roster's depth.

with a real goalkeeper, an amauri upfront, (at least) another good cb and 1 more player for the right and left back position, they could still fight for the title in italy.

talking about yesterday's defeat, they lost against one of the european's best clubs, so, tbh, i don't consider this result such an embarassing tragedy.

@ Plan M: it's "Ancelotti", not "Ancelloti" :DD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom