AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

Pirlo can't play as attacking midfielder. Milan would probably play a diamond with Pirlo as DMF, Gattuso and Ambrosini as central mid fielders, and Seedorf as attacking midfielder. Or if Ancelotti is willing, Gourcuff might have a run in the team. He certainly deserves it. I am shocked he hasn't been playing more regularly. He was the bomb in Ligue 1.

Pirlo can't play as attacking midfielder. Milan would probably play a diamond with Pirlo as DMF, Gattuso and Ambrosini as central mid fielders, and Seedorf as attacking midfielder. Or if Ancelotti is willing, Gourcuff might have a run in the team. He certainly deserves it. I am shocked he hasn't been playing more regularly. He was the bomb in Ligue 1.

Yes he can't play ANYMORE as AM,remember until he went to Milan Ac he played as AM;)
and You 're right about Gourguff(totally forgot him)i think he's the best to fill this position

Yes he can't play ANYMORE as AM,remember until he went to Milan Ac he played as AM;)
and

he played as AM just a couple of weeks ago (for the first time in ages) and he was OUTSTANDING!!!!:D

I just can't remember Pirlo playing as AM for Milan. Lo Zio, what match was it?

I just can't remember Pirlo playing as AM for Milan. Lo Zio, what match was it?

if i do remember well, it was milan - genoa (2 weeks ago).

andrea used to be a good (nothing more than "just good") advanced midfielder, during his inter days....
when milan bought him, ancelotti realised he could have been a great "orchestra director" and changed him into a "low playmaker".
andrea too accepted the role change, as it was his only chance to play as a starter (rui costa was the starting AM at milan those days).

as far as i remember he never got back to his original role (AM).... but i might be wrong (Stefano will correct me if i'm wrong;)).

i was a bit skeptical when i saw him playing so close to the fowards 2 weeks ago..... but damn it, he really proved me wrong. It was a fantastic, sublime performance by him, one of his best match so far this season....... and he has been awesome this season :applause:

as i wrote before, 10 years ago he wasn't anything special as AM.... but afterall 10 years ago he was just a 19 years old kid ;):)

Milan 1-0 Siena

Paloschi, born 1990 with the goal within seconds of his serie A debut:D, with the cup he has scored 3/3 with only 1 game from start, seems to be something for the future:)
great goal too!

Seems like a Paloschi and Pato r going to be (maybe) some mini-me Inzaghi and Ronaldo. lol
I just want to know, is where is milan going to find a substitute for Pirlo when he stops playing.

How you guys doing in Serie A now? I've lost touch for the last few weeks.

Paloschi - Pato ..... 18 year old attack.
Is this something new for you to have good young players...Did the coach had a change of heart not too long ago he said Arsenal too young to play in CL . Anyhow I love a team w/ young players .Even if its 1 at a time playing

Last edited:

The best teams build for the future with potential young starlets. Chelsea tried to buy the Champions League and it backfired - Shevchenko and Ballack just didn't look the players that they did at their previous clubs. Buy young and with a good coach, mould the player. Milan have done it with Kaka, Arsenal with Fabregas, United with Ronaldo, Barcelona with Messi; all great teams.

Is this something new for you to have good young players...Did the coach had a change of heart not too long ago he said Arsenal too young to play in CL . Anyhow I love a team w/ young players .Even if its 1 at a time playing

Having 1 young star is different than having 2 upfront. its like if Fabregas had another 17 or 18 year old playing along side him. Usually Milan uses strikers in their mid 20s, and to have a randomer from our youth team score the winner is just flattering. I'm not sure about Ancelotti saying Arsenal are too young, because I only remember him saying the team he least wanted to face was Arsenal. Him and Maldini were at the UEFA conference saying how Arsenal was the worst team to face.

Young teams dont always bring success, they can with the right mix of experienced and young. We've been labeled as the 'old team' for over 3 years now yet we've been in 3 CL finals in the last 5/6 years. So its more to do with team chemistry than age imo. This isnt a dig towards Arsenal by the way beboq, just a point to all those who say that we're too old.

Plan M, if we win our game in hand we're in the CL zone and will be 5 off 3rd place.

Super Paloschi's debut in Serie A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXO4NmXaw8

Last edited:

The best teams build for the future with potential young starlets. Chelsea tried to buy the Champions League and it backfired - Shevchenko and Ballack just didn't look the players that they did at their previous clubs. Buy young and with a good coach, mould the player. Milan have done it with Kaka, Arsenal with Fabregas, United with Ronaldo, Barcelona with Messi; all great teams.

You ALWAYS need experienced players alongside you players. Great clubs buy young players AND experienced players.

Is this something new for you to have good young players...Did the coach had a change of heart not too long ago he said Arsenal too young to play in CL .

the rubbish media misunderstood his words. Ancelotti said that arsenal was (together with man utd) the thoughest opponent milan could face... he said "we can just hope their young players will get overwhelmed by the emotion. they have great players but many of them are very young so their lack of experience might help us"

then the journalist replied "yes they're young but they're already used to face this important kind of matches"...

and ancelotti replied "oh come on, why do u have to bring me down this way!, let my hope living, at least!"
:lol:

i love this man, one of the most "low profile" managers around :applause:

You ALWAYS need experienced players alongside you players. Great clubs buy young players AND experienced players.

Oh totally agree - what I meant is that when going into the transfer market it is sometimes more worthwhile signing a young kid with potental because a good coach can mould him and get him playing that club and league's particular way. Sometimes with "old heads" it's hard to change their ways. :)

How you guys doing in Serie A now? I've lost touch for the last few weeks.

milan has been the best team in serie a lately... at least according to the results.
in an hypothetical 2008 standing (from jannuary's first week till now) they would be leadin serie a, as they did more points than anybody else. :)

anyway they're still far from their best form, imo.

Why isn't Gourcuff getting more starts? I haven't seen him play even once for Milan?

I saw that game on FSC and then they kept repeating it all day in every futbol channel (Super Paloschi's ) too many attackers on 1 team aint easy

well not really too many, paloschi is too young he isnt ready for the big stage yet. he seems abit nervous and needs to mature abit. He said after the game that he blacked out when he scored and he doesnt remeber anything of the following minutes except seeing the hands of the fans and hearing them chanting:D.

I think he might get a few more minutes this season but it wount be until atleast a year or two that we'll see him as a regular on the bench.

Last edited:

Very sad news. Today Ronaldo came on as a sub and after 5 minutes he was tackled and started clutching hes knee. He was taken off and looked as if he was in deep pain, he was also in tears. Reports say it can be the same injury as 2000, the one that kept him out for over a year. Recently there were also rumors about him retiring because of injury...... sad day if it happens.

We ended up drawing 1-1, but after his injury it seemed as if our players were in shock or demotivated.

0JW74EVF--346x212.jpg

0JW73PXG--346x212.jpg

0JW744KF--346x212.jpg

Last edited:

it's not, take a closer look. he got injured at the RIGHT knee when he was at inter, tonight he got injured at the LEFT one..

SIAMO CON TE, FENOMENO..

Back
Top Bottom