AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

I'll interested to see who AC sign this summer as all of the speculation seems to be over strikers at the moment, hopefully they strengthen their squad with a defender or two.

Last edited:

Yes !!
we need defenders the is not enough time and a lot of the players are already gone

Alexandre Pato (Internacional - BRA) sign with Milan.
The Internacional will receive U$ 20MI...
Great player this boy. With 17 age is the best player of the Brazilian Championship

cam u live in brazil, how good is this kid pato. i seen the under 20 world cup in canada and he was playing there and he really didnt show much. i hope hes good as everyone is saying.

Personally i would've liked to have seen him spend another season with Internacional, however a great signing for Milan none the less.

He's no Willy Aubameyang though! :)

Guys im back from japan! Excited about Pato! Have only heard great things about him. He wont be able to play until January though!

According to Calcio Italia Milan are reportedly close to signing former Roma and Juve man Emerson after they were priced out of a deal for Barca midfielder Thiago Motta.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug11o.html

He would certainly be a great addition to the Milan midfield, with Kaka probably moving forward to support Gilardino/Ronaldo if he were to sign. I'm a little disappointed though, that Milan have yet to sign any defenders as i feel it's an area where they're lacking real cover. Hopefully they address this next season, as i feel players like Dario Srna or Yourkas Seitaridis would be ideal to challenge Massimo Oddo and maybe someone like Andrea Barzagli (although he's comitted to Palermo) to boost the centre of defense or even Felipe who can play CB as well as a LB.

Last edited:

Not a fan of Felipe. Too clumsy and lacks experience. My dream CB would be Mexes. If Emerson were to come on loan, he wont have place to start unless we play our xmas tree formation. Our flanks are covered this year as we have Favalli, Kaladze, Cafu, Jankulovski, Bonera and Simic. Theyre enough for this season IMO.

I honestly think Emerson/Motta will be the last signing and I think thats enough. Our midfield is stacked with good players and our attack is enough for another season, with Oliveira returning next season when Pippo is gone.

Not a fan of Felipe. Too clumsy and lacks experience. My dream CB would be Mexes. If Emerson were to come on loan, he wont have place to start unless we play our xmas tree formation. Our flanks are covered this year as we have Favalli, Kaladze, Cafu, Jankulovski, Bonera and Simic. Theyre enough for this season IMO.

I honestly think Emerson/Motta will be the last signing and I think thats enough. Our midfield is stacked with good players and our attack is enough for another season, with Oliveira returning next season when Pippo is gone.

About Felipe i have to say i like him a lot. he's a petty good defender, very versatile and i wouldn't say he's too clumsy. i'd say your standards are a little to high, Milanista, if u're waiting for a new nesta or a new stam or baresi... i guess u'll have to wait for many years.
Mexes is a great player, but he can't be a backup, he's too good to be a backup and milan's cbs are nesta and kaladze. Moreover mexes is veeeery expensive and just signed a new contract with roma.

Milan needs a good youg defender who doesn't plays in a top club with ambition and substantial room for improvement. someone who can accept to stay on the bench and wait for nesta and kaladze to be injured to play.... but good enough to take them place when they'll get too old.

felipe (or zapata) would be a very good choice imo:)
talking about his lack of experience... mate, this will be his third season as a starting formation player in a serie a club, do u need more experience? :D

Digao (:D). I cant see Felipe being a realistic Milan signing in the coming years. We seem to have a mentality of signing physical or strong center backs such as Bonera rather than more technical ones. I can see Zapata being the sort of player Milan go after. But we also have a habbit of getting defenders who are above the age of 26, but it seems to work. If we do decide to go after a defender this summer, Heinze seems to be available and has a very strong mentality, however I'm not sure what his role for the club would be.

Last edited:

:lol:

zapata is a nice player too but felipe would be better for milan imo. he's good with both foot and he can also play on the side. it would be a nice backup defensive couple bonera - felipe.... they have the potential to become the next starting defensive line of milan.

talking about heinze, it doesn't look a good buy to me. felipe is clearely a better player, he has more quality, he has a stronger and taller physique and he's younger! U need someone who can take nesta's or kaladze's place in a couple of years.

We also have a habbit of getting defenders who are above the age of 26, but it seems to work.

that's true, but i think it's not a good strategy. the market is changing, football is changing. till 10 years ago top clubs used to buy great players.... nowadays top clubs often buy great potential players, very young players (a little too young, sometimes) with a great potential; they bet on them and sometimes they win their bets. so it happens that some of the most intersting players in europe are not "easy targets" anymore.
i'm talking about players like messi, fabregas, c. ronaldo, mexes, benzema.... all theese players (and hundreds like them) were bought by top clubs when they were still "kids" (for a couple of cents). now they're unreachable, coz they already play in great teams, they already get big wages and they already cost a lot!

you could wait 1 more year to buy a felipe or a zapata.... but in less than 1 year they could not be udinese players anymore.... why taking this risk?

Last edited:

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Digao play yet, but it must suck having an overachiever for a big brother. ;)

Also while i'm here, i've heard good things about Milan reserve players Matteo Darmian and Davide Di Gennaro (who is on loan to Bologna), i've never seen them play so i was wondering if you guys could tell me if they're any good or not?

anybody seeing adriano in ac milan shirt???
after berloscuni said that he would love adriano at the team, inter are unwilling, but that happened before with seedorf...

Going to buy a Milan top for this season... but need help choosing name..:

Gourcuff, Maldini, Seedorf or Inzaghi.

Right now im leaning towards Maldini cos its his last season and my first ever Milan shirt was Maldini.

Congratulations on the Super Cup final fans.

Great fans :applause:

Going to buy a Milan top for this season... but need help choosing name..:

Gourcuff, Maldini, Seedorf or Inzaghi.

Right now im leaning towards Maldini cos its his last season and my first ever Milan shirt was Maldini.

id go for the maldini top as well...

I've heard about it too, and I must say
NO WAY!!

gila WON'T move. in any case. NEVER.

unfortunately, this is only my thought. I have to confirm that also Italian sport related newspapers and TV programs talked about it.

it won't happen, i'm absolutely sure of it. it's just a media speculation.
after, pirlo, seedorf, coco, etc... i can't see milan and inter exchanging once again their players.

Back
Top Bottom