Windows 7

Got an earlier version of newsleecher working, miles better than newzbin!

7077 isn't very stable for me at all. Had about 4-5 BSOD's already, had two files get corrupted and had Windows boot up only for Explorer to encounter a problem and try to reset itself, only to encounter the same problem.

7077 isn't very stable for me at all. Had about 4-5 BSOD's already, had two files get corrupted and had Windows boot up only for Explorer to encounter a problem and try to reset itself, only to encounter the same problem.

i upgraded my little brother's vista with 7077 (64bit) and all appears to be well...

certainly no crashes or corrupted files, or boot-loops...

i was gonna stick it on my laptop, but i know build 7106 is imminent, so i'm waiting for that...

Had my laptop on for an hour last night, and another BSOD. I might just scrap 7077 and install 7068 again.

Either that or wait for 7106.

7106 is out there now, but only the 32-bit leak...

don't let the build number fool you though - there are going to be two, er, 'forks'. one for RC and one for RTM...

RC releases will carry on from 7077, whereas RTM releases will start at 7100... don't really understand it myself, but you can read more online if you so wish! :p

Ah, cheers! I'll grab 7106 tonight then. I think a RTM would be better to grab for now, until it's actually released.

The day was buzzing with Windows 7 leak activity. We reported earlier that build 7106 of Windows 7 had been leaked. This did not help many users as it was the Chinese version of Windows 7 making it almost impossible for non-Chinese users to work with the operating system. The next step was an English language pack that got uploaded to various P2P networks which would turn the Chinese build 7106 into the English build. It required manual copy processes outside of the computer system itself and was not suited for many users.

A few hours ago the English version of build 7106 of Windows 7 leaked as a dual English-Russian version. There are however rumors that this latest release is simply the Chinese build with the English and Russian language pack integrated. It is still likely that a full English version of build 7106 will be distributed on P2P networks soon if the currently available one turns out to be a custom build.

:LOL:

end of year for sure.
A release candidate is due next month, so it's clear it's getting out this year and MS can't wait to shake the Vista nightmare of their backs.

7077 has also just completely killed my wireless connection as well. By far the buggiest release I've used so far, the next release can't come soon enough otherwise I might just have to go back to 7068 this weekend.

I would mate, Release Candidate's are pretty much the finished article. Just upgraded mine myself :)

Microsoft Corp. will unveil an add-on to Windows 7 that lets users run applications designed for Windows XP in a virtual machine, the company confirmed Friday — the first time Microsoft has relied on virtualization to provide backward compatibility.Dubbed “Windows XP Mode,” the add-on creates an XP virtual environment running under Virtual PC, Microsoft’s client virtualization technology, within Windows 7, said Scott Woodgate, the director of Windows enterprise and virtualization strategy. In a post to a company blog, Woodgate said the add-on is part of the pitch to convince businesses to migrate to Windows 7. “All you need to do is to install suitable applications directly in Windows XP Mode,” said Woodgate. “The applications will be published to the Windows 7 desktop and then you can run them directly from Windows 7.”

WindowsVPC7.jpg

Details of Windows XP Mode (XPM) were first reported Friday afternoon by Rafael Rivera and Paul Thurrott, two prominent bloggers who are also collaborating on a book, Windows 7 Secrets, due out this fall. Windows 7 Enterprise is available only to companies with volume licensing agreements. Windows XP Mode (XPM) requires processor-based virtualization support and is based on the next-generation Microsoft Virtual PC 7 virtualization technology, said Rivera, who also disclosed that Microsoft will include a fully licensed copy of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) with the add-on. That, in effect, gives Windows 7 users a way to run older applications without having to pay for another operating system license. Rivera also touted, as had Woodgate, the ability to run Windows XP applications directly from the Windows 7 desktop without having to first open a separate virtual machine window.

OOOH looks like Imagemixer SE works on Win7 RC1 as I'm testing it on my laptop now :)). Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 7 from XP Pro? Or will I have to do a clean install? Ta

I installed Windows 7 using VMWare on my Mac last night. Have to say I'm really impressed. It has the looks of Vista with the performance of XP. Smashing.

Might have to test a few games out on it.

Back
Top Bottom