What are you listening to?

Sia Furler.

Just 'discovered' her and she is amazing. For those that dont know (probably just me until today!), she sings many of the songs by the fantastic Zero 7.

Already seen Zero 7 mentioned in this thread recently, so you guys should check her out if you havent already. Just listening to 'Some People Have Real Problems" - her latest album - and its very Zero7ish (of course), but also some nice 'pop' moments.

Check out the video to 'Buttons' on YouTube - very good :))

YouTube - Sia - Buttons

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a metalhead, but the song Sia - Breathe Me is rather fantastic ;)

Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere

Shit version of that. That John Peel session was much better. Another blast from the past Nick. Did you ever go to nightclubs in Manchester?

Shit version of that. That John Peel session was much better. Another blast from the past Nick. Did you ever go to nightclubs in Manchester?

I have the extended 12" tucked away somewhere, I've been trying to remember the one we used to go to, being from the Leeds area it was a stay over if we went to Manchester so it was only a few times a year...:((

Finished "The way some people die" by Ross Macdonald and just started:

140009528X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Blood on the Moon: James Ellroy

Can anyone recommend a band similar to The Strokes? I've been listening to their "First Impressions Of Earth" album LOADS and love it, just got their other stuff.

Is there anyone similar who I should check out?

Can anyone recommend a band similar to The Strokes? I've been listening to their "First Impressions Of Earth" album LOADS and love it, just got their other stuff.

Is there anyone similar who I should check out?

Diamond Nights

edit: did you just slag off reef!

I have the extended 12" tucked away somewhere, I've been trying to remember the one we used to go to, being from the Leeds area it was a stay over if we went to Manchester so it was only a few times a year...:((

I knew a lot of the Leeds crew. I used to go to The Warehouse sometimes. The main clubs in Manchester at the time were Legends on Thursday, The Exit or The Poly on Friday or Devilles, then Cloud Nine on Saturday.

The Hives

The White Stripes

The Vines

Jet

Reef

I fucking live that Vines song (Ride) - as anyone who has checked me out on Singstar will testify! I'm pretty sure its still my top score :)

I fucking hate that Reef song :CURSE:

HOW DARE YOU! Reef are quality - I'd advise you to check out their greatest hits (think its called "Rides") which has some really funky stuff on it. That song is a bit overplayed like you say, but their other stuff (like Naked which Sloppy Joe posted) is quality - the lead singer (Gary?) had an amazing voice and presence and its a shame they didnt make it bigger than they did.

Annnnnyway... was advised last night to check out a band called "Pendulum", who I'd never heard of, but so far so good. Bit like the Prodigy, but without the screaming! The album I am listening too ("Silico") has aliented fans a bit apparantly as its more metal crossover than their Drum and Bass roots...

A friend saw them on the Linkin Park/Jay-Z tour in the summer and said they rocked the place...

Last edited:
I fucking live that Vines song (Ride) - as anyone who has checked me out on Singstar will testify! I'm pretty sure its still my top score :)

HOW DARE YOU! Reef are quality - I'd advise you to check out their greatest hits (think its called "Rides") which has some really funky stuff on it. That song is a bit overplayed like you say, but their other stuff (like Naked which Rad posted) is quality - the lead singer (Gary?) had an amazing voice and presence and its a shame they didnt make it bigger than they did.

Annnnnyway... was advised last night to check out a band called "Pendulum", who I'd never heard of, but so far so good. Bit like the Prodigy, but without the screaming! The album I am listening too ("Silico") has aliented fans a bit apparantly as its more metal crossover than their Drum and Bass roots...

A friend saw them on the Linkin Park/Jay-Z tour in the summer and said they rocked the place...

ahem

Three songs into the new Travis album and it's pretty good stuff, a lot more upbeat than they're usual stuff!

Sia Furler.

Just 'discovered' her and she is amazing. For those that dont know (probably just me until today!), she sings many of the songs by the fantastic Zero 7.

I'm a garage head, and many of her tracks have been remixed over the last 10 years. She's got a fantastic voice.

Back
Top Bottom