What are you listening to?

Metallica went downhill with the Black Album, when they slowed down. They're back baby! \m/

This album feels like it should be between And Justice For All and the Black Album. :ROCK:

DEATH MAGNETIC!!! Album of the year? I think so. Also because its Metallica sending out a message - THEYRE NOT OVER!!!!!!!!

Dont listen to pboreham hes on smack!

THIS ALBUM RULES!!

Metallica went downhill with the Black Album, when they slowed down. They're back baby! \m/

This album feels like it should be between And Justice For All and the Black Album. :ROCK:

Agreed PB must be a Black album fan.

I like the Black Album, I like all their albums, but think Load/Re-Load were kind of weak, but with good singles.

I think Black is their best, but I also like their Load stuff.

I'm just not feeling this new album whatsoever. I don't understand why they're persisting in trying to play so fast still. Not for me I'm afraid :((

Well, we disagree then Dags, Black was when they turned commercial, with MTV/Radio friendly songs. It was still good, but they "slowed down".

This album is Metallica being Metallica again, like when after POP, U2 decided to be U2 again with All That You Cant Leave Behind.

Death Magnetic will be awesome for Guitar Hero / Rock Band :rock:

I love this.

It's been on Top Gear and other stuff quite a few times,

but I've never known what it was, any idea of the song title.

It's Moon Child by M83. The album is Before The Dawn Heals Us and is pretty good. Goes a bit B-Movie. :)

DEATH MAGNETIC!!!!

"THE SLAVE BECOMES THE MASTER!!!!" :TWIST:

Great return by Metallica! Cracking riffs in there aswell. Lars has also sorted his drum sound out thank fook. That thonk sound all the way through St Anger did my nut in... The only negative in Death Magnetic is that I wish Kirk would find a new scale when soloing.. he bores me a bit now.

:SMOKIN:

Last edited:
Agreed PB must be a Black album fan.

Eugh! You are all nuts - its just fucking noise!

Dont get me wrong, I love metal - have done since the mid 80's and I really grew up on Grunge. I can take 'noise' - most of you know I absolutely love Nine Inch Nails, even the more industrial stuff.

But come on... Death Magnetic is fooking shite. Load of thrash and screaming - I think 'Some Kind of Monster' ruined Metallica. The agony of seeing James trying to write lyrics - St Anger was awful and Magnetic is not much better.

As Dags says, gimme "...And Justice for All", "Harvester of Sorrow", "One", "Master of Puppets", "4 Horseman" etc etc any day over this shite.

And yea, Black album is my fave - both musically and at the time, it saw me through lots of shit personally, so it has a special place for me. But some of the stuff on Load and Re-Load was really good.

Deary me...

I had to listen to an hours worth of Zero7 to calm down after it... I'm getting old.

Been loving death magnetic. Really fast (which is a good thing) and slow other times but it fits with the songs. One thing I think they have not regained is the superb quality of their 80's lyrics, but they'r still good enough.

I'm surprised. This is miles better than st anger.

Good work Metallica. :))

btw kirk is back on this album.

Back
Top Bottom