WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Any nordic teams? I heard that FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF should be in the game are they?

totti99 said:
i just got this terrific game! I've only played 4 games so far but i am loving every minute of it. One question though, how do i bring up the 2 man free kick? I press select and nothing happens. I'll be happy to answer any GAMEPLAY related questions. Thanks

Press L2 + Select for 2 man FK

Arshadd said:
One more thing totti.....i really am glad to hear that the pace is slower than before,,,,, but i would like to know if the dribbling i mean turning and running past defenders with let's say c.ronaldo is better than in we8le??????or worse????

thanx for responding!!!!!!

Turning and running past defenders in this game is better to me in this game compared to we8le. I'll give you an example. I was just playing a game between man. united and barcelona. Every time I had c. ronaldo or giggs on the wings, I enjoyed trying to beat the wingbacks with the new moves; especially the new dragback move. I like to use tricks like stepovers and dragbacks when beating opponents instead of just simple cutbacks. With that said, it is not easy. You win some and you lose some but imo, it is a lot more enjoyable. I hope this answers your question.

Chaotic Guy said:
I´ve heard a lot about the new R2 kick. What´s this kick?

Its a new shot where you the player kicks it with the inside of his foot. You get a lot of bend and accuracy on these shots but you lose some power. This shot is awesome with players like Del Piero, Beckham, Nedved, etc.

Could someone tell how does the fc porto kit look like?? I justa wanna know if they put the new one, or last years

A quick description of the shirt will suffice.. (how many vertical blue stripes, etc.)

hi,im new here,,but have been playing we since it came out on the ps1,,i wld like to know if its easy to do,the long-range pass,in this game ala beckham to ronaldo,in a counter attack for example.thanks

hye guys im having a little problem in we9, i got the option file (the 1st one that came out) and arsenal and chelsea and basically all the licenced teams have no option to edit their names to their english ones, how do i change it ?

dharshthash said:
hi,im new here,,but have been playing we since it came out on the ps1,,i wld like to know if its easy to do,the long-range pass,in this game ala beckham to ronaldo,in a counter attack for example.thanks

IMO, its not so much that long passing is better(and they are more accurate with the players you mentioned) but the movement of the receiving player to get to the ball and control it that is superb in WE9. I play a counterattacking game most of the time and a couple of times I played a long-range pass to a player upfield who was being marked by a defender. He braced himself against the defender while facing the incoming ball and tussled. I was able to control the ball with the player, while holding the defender at bay.

Great stuff.

hi guys
in editing option where u choose the goal celebration , free kicks motion etc i dont know what is the last option is can anyone explain it please

no you almost have full controll over everything you do.

so you can have nice 50 50 crunches and challenges, its quality when the likes of Veira bump into Keane in the middle of the park and they scrap like dogs

qualityyy

ive got another question for those who have played the game,i've not played we 8le,,so is there a big diff btwn we 9 and 8?or just some tweaks here and there.is it more realistic?like does ronaldinho move more like him?

From what Ive seen from WE9 matches posted things that look exactly the same as PES4!

1. Throw-ins
2. Corner Kicks
3. Freekicks
4. Penalties

Can anyone tell me am I right or wrong ! I hoped all 3 would be changed!

Throw-ins , can you now move your player right up against the receiver or is there still this invisable wall that keeps you back 5yrds or more!

Corners ..In PES4 I have tried the analog stick in every position, when headering the ball from a corner, up down right left and all angles in between, but it never seens to make any difference to the header you put in..

Freekicks ... Are they still the same as Pes4? I have noticed something about FK's, that more matter how far out you have to get the power bar dead on the half way mark to get the ball over the wall! If you stop the power bar short of the halfway marker the ball hits the wall, now here is the thing, if let the power bar go over the halfway marker the ball goes over the bar..

Penalties .. Have they changed from Pes4? The is no power bar you just press on the shoot button, and supposedly hold the analog stick in the dorection you want the ball to go in.. but that hardly ever works..many mnay examples of what I mean, here is one I hold the analog stick bottom left to put the ball into the bottom left corner I press the shoot button (no power bar) and the shot goes high into the top left corner..

Are all 4 plays still the same in WE9/PES5 or have they changed them

Thanks

Last edited:
dharshthash said:
ive got another question for those who have played the game,i've not played we 8le,,so is there a big diff btwn we 9 and 8?or just some tweaks here and there.is it more realistic?like does ronaldinho move more like him?

Yes for all. There is a gigantic difference between we8 and we9. Ronaldinho does move like himself, take FKs like himself and takes penatly kicks like himself :)

The gameplay has been overhauled - passing, shooting and physics etc.

This is true. It feels kind of like WE8 Liveware Evolution Final Evolution, if you see what I mean - it's closer to WE8LE than that was to WE8.

If the last thing you played was WE8 or PES4, it would feel very different indeed.

It feels very different to WE8:LE, so if you are going from PES4/WE8 straight to WE9/PES5 you are going to be in for a shock. And a bad shock if you're an analog user. *laughs*

Soory for a lame question, but I need to know.

1. Are any of the Bundesliga or Ligue1 teams licensed?
2. What are the new Scandanavian teams.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom