WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Thanks for the explanation. It sound like there is a lot of button configuration tweaking that has gone on. Ive seen a few people mention and R2 shot now, and also ive seen some mention of L1/L2 in conjunction with other buttons.

Is there a definitive list of what does what anywhere yet? Just trying to get my head roudn it before the game hopefully arrives early next week!

winning11 said:
can someone explain the R2 shot?

liefst in het nederlands :)
it is a controlled shot, shot with the inside of the boot

nederlands:
een gecontroleerd schot, met de binnenkant van de voet geschoten

nootje said:
it is a controlled shot, shot with the inside of the boot

nederlands:
een gecontroleerd schot, met de binnenkant van de voet geschoten

but how do you do it? shoot and then press R2. shoot and hold R2, or hold R2 and shoot atonce?

Can someone explain this whole R2 dribble business for me please?
Has chesting been improved?
Do players who are trying to control a bouncing ball still make stupid movements and take the ball at stupid angles?

justjer said:
i hold the r2 button in and then i shoot

Yes! ive always hoped it was like that

Mikey said:
Do players who are trying to control a bouncing ball still make stupid movements and take the ball at stupid angles?

That used to piss me right off! U shouldnt have to use supercancel to receive and control a stupid bouncing ball!!

Shevchenko 7 said:
About the R2 shoot .. does it need a skill or I can do it with all players ?
I'd guess that you need good shot technique, Curling and accuracy to be able to beautifully curl an inside-footer show that's hit rather softly to far post ;) ala Del Piero style.

This is just my guess of course but I'm pretty sure it works somehow like this relied on these stats so you can't just pick up a donkey type of player and expect him to be able to masterfully curl those technical shots with R2 into the far post and look amazing ;)

awesomo ! i scored a screecher half volley from 25 yards, a shot of Defoe bounced off the opposion and came M.Brown with a half volley, hits the right framework and right past the keeper ...!!!

to make things classy, it was even a freaking 90' min goal (last play), hahaha 1-0 the stupid 5* pc looked Own3d :D:D

to relate, my half volley was a timed R2 shot, class simply class i guess u just gotta wait for the shot to come down low enough to smack !, just like in real life :P

I have a couple of questions left (thanks for answering a couple earlier), if you'll indulge me!

1: Could somebody do a picture of all the different editing options and kit styles (like someone did for WE8) or if not explain how the kit is broken down, for example could you have the adidas stripes on the sleeves, and still have stripes on the shirt (like Newcastle)?

2: How many options are there for number/name fonts - for example shape colour position etc. I've heard you can make the font one colour and have a different outline. And are the PremierLeague style numbers available in edit mode?

3: Is it true that you can choose dribble animations for individual players? (like C. Ronaldo's upright running)

4: Can you create teams from scratch, or do you have to overwrite an existing team?

5: Do players still stumble when they tackle?

Thanks very much for your help, it is very much appreciated!

Mike

MikeyM said:
I have a couple of questions left (thanks for answering a couple earlier), if you'll indulge me!

1: Could somebody do a picture of all the different editing options and kit styles (like someone did for WE8) or if not explain how the kit is broken down, for example could you have the adidas stripes on the sleeves, and still have stripes on the shirt (like Newcastle)?

2: How many options are there for number/name fonts - for example shape colour position etc. I've heard you can make the font one colour and have a different outline. And are the PremierLeague style numbers available in edit mode?

3: Is it true that you can choose dribble animations for individual players? (like C. Ronaldo's upright running)

4: Can you create teams from scratch, or do you have to overwrite an existing team?

5: Do players still stumble when they tackle?

Thanks very much for your help, it is very much appreciated!

Mike

1. There are different options when making the kit. You can put the main stripes on the kit, then there is another option to put the stripes on the sleeves.

2. There are 5 types of lettering and 10 types of numbers for the back of the kit, and yes you can have outlines. Premier League style is available in edit mode.

3. Yes, there are 4 types of dribbling motions.

I thought it was 9 letters and 9 numbers, oh well, the adidas numbers are in right? the ones japan has

There are 5 types of lettering and you can change how much the name on the back curves. You can have straight, like Chelsea, curved and even more curved. And you can choose to have the name at the top or the bottom of the shirt.

Now that Zidane is back with his friends.. can you register em back to their nat. team ?

i just got this terrific game! I've only played 4 games so far but i am loving every minute of it. One question though, how do i bring up the 2 man free kick? I press select and nothing happens. I'll be happy to answer any GAMEPLAY related questions. Thanks

Question:

regarding throw ins. Someone told me your players cannot mark the cpu players in thrown ins (like before) but:

-do your players get sent like 10 meters away when the ai gets a thow-in?

(i ask this becuz on WE8I, sometimes when the cpu gets a throw-in, your player is like 10 meters away from the cpu player that is going to receive the ball...not only this, but your player is restricted from moving to mark him)

totti99 said:
i just got this terrific game! I've only played 4 games so far but i am loving every minute of it. One question though, how do i bring up the 2 man free kick? I press select and nothing happens. I'll be happy to answer any GAMEPLAY related questions. Thanks

Totti i have heard alot of rumours about the dribbling ability in the game and i am very anxious to hear if it is better than pes 4 or worse and why!!
thanxxxx!!!!!!!!

Arshadd said:
Totti i have heard alot of rumours about the dribbling ability in the game and i am very anxious to hear if it is better than pes 4 or worse and why!!
thanxxxx!!!!!!!!

I haven't played pes4 so I can't compare but dribbling in this game is challenging but not impossible. If you're good at this game and you use a talented dribbler like say c. ronaldo or ronaldinho then you should have no problem dribbling past your opponent. Due to the slower pace of the game, there is a fine balance between when to pass and when to dribble. So far I have no complaints when it comes to dribbling.

As for the throw-ins, they are very similar to we8le. They are 10 yards away like you said, and you can't get next to your opponent until he throws it in. There is not much of a difference compared to we8le.

Thanks for the responses regarding the two man free kick.

kingpug said:
Yea the kit variations are amazing, no more kit clashing, and now you can change the radar colour in-game, brilliant stuff.

can you change shorts/socks colors for licenced teams as well?

for example can I play Milan and have red/black top, white shorts, white socks?

or Real Madrid, white top, black shorts? (you dont see this in real life), so can we do it?

i think u can i saw in a pic of man u v.s real madrid madrid had white shorts,socks but it was there black away kit so mabye you can

Yes you can, I already played some games with Milan/Juve mixed shorts and socks.

Can't do with Japan at all though.

totti99 said:
I haven't played pes4 so I can't compare but dribbling in this game is challenging but not impossible. If you're good at this game and you use a talented dribbler like say c. ronaldo or ronaldinho then you should have no problem dribbling past your opponent. Due to the slower pace of the game, there is a fine balance between when to pass and when to dribble. So far I have no complaints when it comes to dribbling.

As for the throw-ins, they are very similar to we8le. They are 10 yards away like you said, and you can't get next to your opponent until he throws it in. There is not much of a difference compared to we8le.

Thanks for the responses regarding the two man free kick.

One more thing totti.....i really am glad to hear that the pace is slower than before,,,,, but i would like to know if the dribbling i mean turning and running past defenders with let's say c.ronaldo is better than in we8le??????or worse????

thanx for responding!!!!!!

I have a question...

Can you edit the national teams..remove the flag and put a made logo instead?

Back
Top Bottom