WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Those who have ordered the game via play-asia, have you already received the game ?

Can you tell me more about the CPU and the AI?
What about its defensive game and offensive too?
Does he try to score or does he only defend and try to use few counter attacks?
I hope scores are not a succession of 0-0 or 1-0...
I don't want any 5-4 but I want a minimum of offensive game, for example I don't want to see Brazil playing a defensive game when then play against China...

Also, before anyone asks, when you transfer a player to a different club in edit mode , when you edit him at a later date he shows up in his new club. For example, I transferred Crouch to liverpool and when I go back to edit mode he is in Liverpool team. This makes it a lot easier.

Can analog users dribble without doing the sidestep the whole time, or does everyone have to play with d-pad now.

Niko77 said:
Is there 9 editable boots? Or only 1 editable boot? Is it posible change it ??

From what I can work out, there are 12 non-editable boots in the game. I can't tell how many editable until it is translated but I think you have to make up your own bootpack from the boots available in the game. Say there are 12 non-editable, you can choose 8 of them to use in the game. I am not 100% sure on this but will know when it is translated.

How's the individual player control chaps? I hear Super Cancel has been done away with, do the strikers still follow the invisible line?

Regarding the Middle Shoot, is it done by pressing Shoot then R2?

The Super Cancel is still in the game as you can see in Training mode. In the game you actually rarely need it anymore. The feeling of running on rails is much less noticable.

Can analog users dribble without doing the sidestep the whole time, or does everyone have to play with d-pad now.

simple question, are there 3rd kits?

and can you choose if you want to wear away shorts with home jersies etc?

Ike said:
The Super Cancel is still in the game as you can see in Training mode. In the game you actually rarely need it anymore. The feeling of running on rails is much less noticable.

Actually i find myself using it more now to cancel shots and passes...

yes when u pick kits u press :triangle: and u can change kits colour e.g.
man u they normally have red top white shorts but u can change shorts 2 black
u cant pick n e culor only 2 for each item includin socks

Yea the kit variations are amazing, no more kit clashing, and now you can change the radar colour in-game, brilliant stuff.

can we edit the licensed teams names inot english or are konami still being silly about this?

Perky Intruder said:
Can analog users dribble without doing the sidestep the whole time, or does everyone have to play with d-pad now
yes, well i can manage to dribble easily without doin the sidestep. It seems to only come out when you make sudden moves to the left or right, i find it better like this because i can pull it out quicker without having to use R2

Also means it will translate better to the X-box and PSP. Im pretty much guessing this is the reason why they have moved the skill off of R2.

Im not actually sure what you have to do instead now, but from what i can gather from browsing the posts on here, its somehting done on the D-pad. If anyone could fill me in though it woudl be appreciated. Im sure ive probably just missed it somewhere along the line!

Sorry but that is terrible, I like to jink from left to right and cut in and cut out using the analog stick, that is my best skill. And now I have to use the sidestep which is something I absolutely detest and don't think should even be in the game?

well from what i've experienced, they way you pull it out now is all about timing. If your running to the right, you have to press up or down just as the player is about to kick the ball forward again to sidestep in that direction. It works all the time for me and i use analog and have no problems dribbling

Well I hope you are right and it's not something that just happens randomly. I can imagine bearing down on goal about to score a last minute winner, cut inside to get onto the stronger foot only to do that ridiculously unrealistic sidestep move straight into an incoming defender. I would probably smash the controller on the floor. :lol:

The sidestep move happens all the time, and I quite sure it's not a matter of timing to pull it off, if anything it's probably more difficult NOT to pull it off. It's slighly overdone in my eyes and happens too often to be realistic. However, it does not kill the flow of the game and for me it's not a big problem in an otherwise great game.

kobashi said:
can we edit the licensed teams names inot english or are konami still being silly about this?

No you cant, only by editor when it comes.

I can imagine bearing down on goal about to score a last minute winner, cut inside to get onto the stronger foot only to do that ridiculously unrealistic sidestep move straight into an incoming defender.
i did that already:( it does take a while to get used to it tho, as long as you remember that timing is everything. Just scored a screamer with the R2 shot :mrgreen: its such a great addition. I'll try and get a video of it

Back
Top Bottom