WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that pisses me off the most is how effective using R2 is to give your player a burst of pace when running.
I started with Nesta in defence, and ran down the side using R2 then, tapping R1 to increase speed in a straight line, all the way into their box.
It's an ok game i guess, but box to box dribbles are too frequent, when you couple this with Robinson 'keepers it's multi goal time.

I'm going to go to edit mode to see if i can improve the cpu formations defensively before i contemplate a ML.
Maybe make dribbling stats worse for everyone...

Six Reasons Why I Hate PES2008 - The Movie

All about CPU cheating. I've provided this as proof that the CPU cheats but I can never prove it 100% because I'd have to have one camera recording the buttons I press on the pad as well, so believe it or don't believe it. But I'm hoping four years on these boards - and the fact that I've been bothered to record all of this and post it before I take the game back - shows that I deserve some trust.

(Apologies for posting in more than one thread, but I think it's relevant to each one I've posted it in)

EDIT: And I bet you won't see this on WENB... :)

All about CPU cheating. I've provided this as proof that the CPU cheats but I can never prove it 100% because I'd have to have one camera recording the buttons I press on the pad as well, so believe it or don't believe it. But I'm hoping four years on these boards - and the fact that I've been bothered to record all of this and post it before I take the game back - shows that I deserve some trust.

(Apologies for posting in more than one thread, but I think it's relevant to each one I've posted it in)

fuck im sick of hearing people complain about cheating? do u think the computer has anything to gain by "cheating" its a fucking game for crying out loud, all some people go on about is the computer cheating, get a life seriously, jack this is not an attack on u, im just saying that its part of the game, wether its cheating or not, why would the computer cheat? and if it does so what? just play the game and whatever happens happens

Or how about you let people voice their complaints about the glitches in the game? Don't you want it to improve? Or do you go around all the geeky websites and tell them how sad they are for something to do?

If you don't like the term "cheating", call it "glitching".

Last edited:
@ Lazavas, Please think before posting.

Its obvious you dont get the reason why cheating AI is ridiculous, seeing as you comment from the perspective that the comp has nothing to gain as its a comp. So its not like he can go round his mates and tell him how great he cheated some stupid human with his beautiful scripts.

Thats not the point. The game has got layers of scripts that manipulate YOUR players that you should have full control of. Years ago, around pes3 time, i was readin these complaints about how the comp players would become superhuman and you would have to hang on to win a match. People thought that was ridiculous back then, but I reasoned it that in real matches a losing team would put some extra effort in for the final minutes to try a get something from the game. And i didnt have a problem with that, same for pes4. However around the time of pes5 instead of just having to deal with improved comp opposition my own players would lose control and go awol meaning i didnt actualyl have any control anymore. Surely a game thats known for tis gameplay and control shoulndt have to resort to taking that away just to make it harder! PES6 went even further, and now int he nextgen we still have this shit.

Or we could just accept it, as you do, and end up with a game that you can only control your players for one half and then hope for the best!

and if it does so what? just play the game and whatever happens happens

Oke, lets move this on to another genre and see how it fairs. Lets use racing, your 10 seconds ahead in the final bend and all of a sudden you cant steer, you go of the track and end up finishing 3rd. It has nothing to do with tirewear, technical fault or any ingame element. Its just that the comp has decided to stop you from turning as it thinks thats the best way to make the game "hard". Even you, in your ignorance, can see how lame that would make the racing game and how everybody would bin it. So why should we accept this in a footiegame?!

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off the most is how effective using R2 is to give your player a burst of pace when running.
I started with Nesta in defence, and ran down the side using R2 then, tapping R1 to increase speed in a straight line, all the way into their box.
It's an ok game i guess, but box to box dribbles are too frequent, when you couple this with Robinson 'keepers it's multi goal time.

I'm going to go to edit mode to see if i can improve the cpu formations defensively before i contemplate a ML.
Maybe make dribbling stats worse for everyone...

we need an option file that slows everyone's pace down by 5 or so (across the board), increases defence ability by 5 (again, for everyone), and decreases dribbling ability by 5... then you'll have a much better, more realistic pro evo

we need an option file that slows everyone's pace down by 5 or so (across the board), increases defence ability by 5 (again, for everyone), and decreases dribbling ability by 5... then you'll have a much better, more realistic pro evo

I went to edit mode and realised the task is too daunting and life-sappingly boring for me.

I'm sure there is a good game buried in there somwhere though.

Its loading properly now, Jack Bauer you should send the video to Konami.

Excellent video JB!! I have laughed out loud, I was at bad mood today and that made me smile a lot, specially about your comments and way you explain things. 10/10 to that video and -10/10 to CPU cheats, however I do mostly multiplayer but I understand your frustration. Complain dude, it is your right!! :D

Well i just bought this game from ASDA (PS3) - popped the game in and had a try at playing online.

My first thought was 'what has seabass been doing if this has been in production for 18months?' I just cant see how it can be released in the state its in now. The online was a joke - proven probably by the fact i won 2-0!!! but seriously, sooo slow and jerkey - surely a company of konami's statue cannot allow this to have been released in the state its in now

and whats with the music?!?!? 'Chase that dream like a child, yeh!' keep them kinda lyrics to yourself sea=glitter!!! :D

JB, GREAT video! those are some of the reasons I hate PES2008. not for its arcadish gameplay... but for having the EXACT FUCKING gameplay limitations/scripts as the PS2. i've said this 100 times and i'll say it again, this is PES 6 + high-res textures and a few changes. looks like seabass spent 18months working on the intro video, new shitty songs, a sleek menu and awesome pictures of dogs and pubs for the ML.

nice video. Somehow I believe people will say this all down to how one plays the game and nothing to do with scripting at all.

why not just play the game, no game is perfect
No game has the same bugs for ten years. Apart from PES. That's my point.

I don't mind a game with bugs, I play Football Manager, I should get a badge for that saying "I was 1st in the league until I got ARRAY ACCESS OUT OF BOUNDS".

But to have the same limitations for ten years... Not acceptable, not worth my money.

Nice work Jack. That leaves only about 32 types of cheat that you didn't record.

This TeamVision AI stuff really is something brand new, isn't it? So intelligent and revolutionary that the AI model still relies on the exact same cheats as it had to in PES6.

Three cheers for WankVision....

hip! hip!! booo!

hip! hip!! BOOOOO!

hip! hip!! BOOOOOOOOO!

i understand your point mate entirely, and if you don't buy pes2008 then youv'e done your bit

deep down i'm disappointed but thank god we have fifa 08

Nice work Jack. That leaves only about 32 types of cheat that you didn't record.

This TeamVision AI stuff really is something brand new, isn't it? So intelligent and revolutionary that the AI model still relies on the exact same cheats as it had to in PES6.

Three cheers for WankVision....

hip! hip!! booo!

hip! hip!! BOOOOO!

hip! hip!! BOOOOOOOOO!
What's really weird is, give "Teamvision" it's due, I noticed it after two or three matches and it was quite good at blocking my paths out by marking intelligently in the ML. I was genuinely impressed and I said so on here.

Then, out of the blue, in a match where I was noticing this intelligence quite a lot, #6 happened (where the wing-back runs away from me to let me cross).

The game is still wing-cross-head land, and it was almost as if the game loves that and was trying to encourage me to do it in that instance. It's happened quite a lot since as well, very odd.

Or how about you let people voice their complaints about the glitches in the game? Don't you want it to improve? Or do you go around all the geeky websites and tell them how sad they are for something to do?

If you don't like the term "cheating", call it "glitching".

just like u voiced ur opinion i voiced mine, u dont like mine because it goes against yours, thats what u do, i assure u i dont go to any geeky sites, the point im trying to make here is just play the bloody game instead of typing out massive posts about how to computer cheats, how there is no untucked shirts, u guys just think way too much about this game, thats why u cant enjoy it, u analyze everything, its a game, its not real life, games will never be perfect, so what if the same bugs have been there for 10 years, deal with it bro, get over it, if it aint worth your money dont fucking buy it but for fuck sakes stop going on and on like stupid bitches about things that will never change

I'm crazy or noob lool ..

could someone tell me how to change these arrows

2001246070165775590_rs.jpg

2001243431194830949_rs.jpg

coz i search every where and i cant find it .. just tell me if it possible to change and how

just like u voiced ur opinion i voiced mine, u dont like mine because it goes against yours, thats what u do, i assure u i dont go to any geeky sites, the point im trying to make here is just play the bloody game instead of typing out massive posts about how to computer cheats, how there is no untucked shirts, u guys just think way too much about this game, thats why u cant enjoy it, u analyze everything, its a game, its not real life, games will never be perfect, so what if the same bugs have been there for 10 years, deal with it bro, get over it, if it aint worth your money dont fucking buy it but for fuck sakes stop going on and on like stupid bitches about things that will never change

i do agree with what lazavas is saying, just play the game if you don't like then fine

But if you don't point out the glitches how will they ever be fixed? How would games ever improve if people just kept their mouths shut about the problems?

If you like the game then praise it, if you don't then bitch about it, if you don't want to read the praise or the bitching then there's an ignore button in your control panel where you can add the username of whoever you dislike.

I don't want to play a game that has the same bugs to exploit as ten years ago, and I will try to document that as best as possible so that someone at Konami goes "you know what, he's right, these glitches are always the same and everyone knows how to exploit them before the game even comes out, we should do something about that".

If you have a problem with that then I'm sorry but I'm not going to stop bitching about something I see as a serious problem, that is my opinion and if they disappeared in PES2009 I would be over the fucking moon. So I will carry on with that vain hope in mind.

But if you don't point out the glitches how will they ever be fixed? How would games ever improve if people just kept their mouths shut about the problems?

If you like the game then praise it, if you don't then bitch about it, if you don't want to read the praise or the bitching then there's an ignore button in your control panel where you can add the username of whoever you dislike.

I don't want to play a game that has the same bugs to exploit as ten years ago, and I will try to document that as best as possible so that someone at Konami goes "you know what, he's right, these glitches are always the same and everyone knows how to exploit them before the game even comes out, we should do something about that".
If you have a problem with that then I'm sorry but I'm not going to stop bitching about something I see as a serious problem, that is my opinion.

jack mate, i have higlighted what u have said there, look in a way i agree with u but let me explain again the part i have highlighted, have konami done anything about it? seriously, im as pissed off as u are because i was obsessed with pro evo, i really was, i have always wanted it to perfect as well, but those things u mentioned have not been fixed in 10 years, so what makes u think they will be fixed now? just play it if u like it man, if u dont then forget it, why are u so hellbent on having it fixed? konami havent done anything to fix it, u surely dont think u can convince them to fix the game by focussing on these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom