WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wonderwallweb.com/article-191-P...occer-2008.html
(...)
Graphically PES 2008 is an improvement and certainly the best version yet in this respect, the action on the screen looks crisp and although slowdown has been mentioned it is not something we noticed to a great degree, except perhaps in the cut scenes. There are a few new changes worth mentioning, when you pause the game you now see a picture in picture view of the dugout, it doesn’t really serve any purpose but it is a nice touch, this also applies to the masters league menu were you will see snapshots of your fans and players. The replays offer all the usual cameras and controls to enable to you to view your goals from every angle and thankfully this year you can again save your replays, enabling you to show off your best goals to everyone who will watch.

(...)

Our Rating for Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
0.1 Story
n/a

9.5 Lastability
The masters league will keep you occupied and then you can always wander online.

9.6 Playability
Pick this up and you wont put it down until next year.

8.7 Originality
The Teamvision feature is a nice touch although there isnt really much else too different.

9.0 Graphics
Some of the players are disappointing and there is some slowdown, however the onfield action isn’t really affected.

8.9 Sound
The commentary has improved a great deal and the soundtrack compliments the game well.

9.3 Overall
The best football game on the PS3, enough said.

ya the graphics score is very high, the graphics arent that good.

but they say "slowdown has been mentioned it is not something we noticed to a great degree, except perhaps in the cut scenes" something that was already said by many users here who already got the game...so ppl who still doesnt have the game dont overreact about it.

Graphics: 9.0:lol::lol:

Originality: 8.7 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hate when people laugh at reviews. Its a persons opinion. Your opinion is obviously different but you should respect theres also.

There is obvious room for improvement but asits been stated is still a playable footy game.

My sendit.com order says 'being packed', it probably would not ship 2day cus its like 6:09 in the U.K already, hopefully it ships tomorrow, wonder how many days it takes to get to the states...

I hate when people laugh at reviews. Its a persons opinion. Your opinion is obviously different but you should respect theres also.

There is obvious room for improvement but asits been stated is still a playable footy game.

its funny that he didnt laugh at PRO-G review

when they say bad things, "oh this guys are spot on, they say the truth", but they dont even have the game so they cant be sure.

when they say good things they laugh at it and say its BS, even though they still dont have the game

guys, just buy the game and make ur own opinion.

Last edited:
My sendit.com order says 'being packed', it probably would not ship 2day cus its like 6:09 in the U.K already, hopefully it ships tomorrow, wonder how many days it takes to get to the states...

Most probably after tomorow? Thats if the game flies to america tomorrow though.

its funny that he didnt laugh at PRO-G review

when they say bad things, "oh this guys are spot on, they say the truth", but they dont even have the game so they cant be sure.

when they say good things they laugh at it and say its BS, even though they still dont have the game

guys, just buy the game and make ur own opinion.

Mate, i don't really shit money u know..

The demo should be enough to make people's minds up, really. I've spoke to a few people who have said the demo is virtually the same as the final version, there isn't enough of a difference to seperate them. But if you wanted to be 100% sure you could always rent it for the cost of a pint or two.

I was going to rent it but what I'm being told by friends sounds too familiar. I don't want to play Barcelona online all year and I don't want to be Liverpool in a crappy ML, so it's a no-go for me this year.

I'm genuinely excited about what Seabass has said about PES2009 though (on Pro-G, of all places! :lol:)

Mate, i don't really shit money u know..

cant u test it at a friends house, i bet some of ur friends will buy it, wont they?

then u can see by urself if its worth it or not, cos u know theres many different opinions about pes2008, some say the slowdowns are badm others say its not...

i guess ill just w8 till the end of the week to get the game and see it for myself.

if the slowdowns are really bad and affects the gameplay ill ask my money back and ill come here to tell u guys, if its nothing special and doesnt affect the gameplay its all cool.

The demo should be enough to make people's minds up, really. I've spoke to a few people who have said the demo is virtually the same as the final version, there isn't enough of a difference to seperate them. But if you wanted to be 100% sure you could always rent it for the cost of a pint or two.

I was going to rent it but what I'm being told by friends sounds too familiar. I don't want to play Barcelona online all year and I don't want to be Liverpool in a crappy ML, so it's a no-go for me this year.

I'm genuinely excited about what Seabass has said about PES2009 though (on Pro-G, of all places! :lol:)

Then why are u playing Fifa then?! ;)

The reason people laugh at that review and not at the pro-g one is because unlike the pro-g one, the scoring for this review is complete nonsense.

9.5 Lastability
The masters league will keep you occupied and then you can always wander online.

Oh yeah, same ML for the upteenth time. No thanks!

9.6 Playability
Pick this up and you wont put it down until next year.

Cant complain about this, although i dont actually like it this year, the responsetime is excellent.

8.7 Originality
The Teamvision feature is a nice touch although there isnt really much else too different.

Some reviewers havent even noticed this feature, and what else is original about this game?

9.0 Graphics
Some of the players are disappointing and there is some slowdown, however the onfield action isn’t really affected.

A nine? Does he think its a ps2 game?!

8.9 Sound
The commentary has improved a great deal and the soundtrack compliments the game well.

The most amusing, yes the music really does compliment this game well, its shit! How can you take any review serious that compliments pes music?! Surely he's deaf?

I think its time pes reviews are split up into multiplayer scores and single player scores. There is such a difference in quality between them now that you cant just lump it all together anymore. Or that the reviewer states from which camp he is reviewing.

Last edited:
EPG said:
oh u already tested the game, so the slowdowns affect the gameplay or not?
Well not THAT much of an effect yet still annoying to see. My brain doesn't seem to accept it. Plus the fact that i have a 360 means its only worse because its too fast. :(

do u have any idea what carrier they use? i heard royal mail is on strike or something
It is Royal mail yes. Didn't know they on strike though.

Is there actually a game out on PS3 that runs at 60-fps?

And I don't mean cheap 2D PSN games.

Off the top of my head - NBA 08, VT3, GT5 Prologue (due), Ninja Gaiden, Lair, NBA 2K8, Ratchet, ISS, Fifa, Ridge Racer, CoD4 (due).

There are more games.

Way Too Laggy Network On The PS3.. But It Can Be Playable If The Other Guy Has A Better Connection I Guess.. But Still Lag

When I First Played The Game I Was Really Shocked With The Frame Rate And Slowdown Issues.. I Was Screaming With Anger At My TV Set.. Thinking That I Waited 1 Year For A PES/WE Game To Be Released And Now This!

But Playing It Now For 2 Days I Got Other This Part.. I Know It's Not Acceptable With Nextgen Consoles.. Etc, But The Game Play Is Really Really Good And The AI Is Fantastic, Then I Played It With A Mate Of Mine And I Even Loved The Game Even More.

But Now That I've Tried The Network I'm Really Disapointed With It.. I Really With They Would Fix The Lag Issue Soon.

Bottom Line, If You Really Love PES/WE Games.. You'll Love This One, Just Give It Time.

lag? ffs this game just gets worse each day...

why did they deleted the 2v2 option then? if it still lags on 1v1. bah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom