WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Quite interested in this "face mapping" technology, its been rather overlooked as things go but is probably the reason why 2 years of development has gone in, must be a hard thing to get right
it's the end of face making :lmao:

I look forward to putting my face in game, prepare yourselves! :lol:

Has anyone scored or seen the CPU attempt an overhead kick? Does the motion look less robotic?

Last edited:

I look forward to putting my face in game, prepare yourselves! :lol:

Has anyone scored or seen the CPU attempt an overhead kick? Does the motion look less robotic?

Yes its the same as before :( i was really pissed about it when i saw the same robotic overhead kick motion.

@Pogos yes m8....but the ingame face editing should be fun,i only hope this function is alsow in the ps3 version:)

Very Disappointing :(

Is it true that you can change the game speed in PES 2008(not demo)?
Well, it's not a special feature or so. It is the way you play the game.
You can speed up by playing one-touch football ( passing without controlling the received ball ) and you can slow it down again by make dribbles without speed burst or by controlling the ball first before passing it again.
That, in short, is how you can change the pace of the game.

The demo is slowly growing on me,to bad its over that fast (5 min)but i wil never get used to it with a xbox360 controller,i think thats the main reason why i do not enjoy the game.(after playing 10 years since ISS on psx controller )
I hope the Winning eleven DEMO of TGS07 wil be out on the Japan PSN this week ;)

if it comes out on the Japanese PSN hopefully it will also be released on japanese xbox marketplace also. then we can see if there really is a difference.

I really can't wait for the PS3 demo on thursday now. I freely admit to being a WE/PES fanboy but FIFA made me like this way back when by constantly producing shit and trying to sell it in a nice package. I have played the FIFA demo and to my mind it is utter tosh. Still no 'feeling', no gameplay whatsoever and such wierd looking players it makes you wonder how they ever got approved for insertion into the game.

We all know WE/PES isn't perfect but it is light years ahead of the diabolical FIFA.

after few days of playing Fifa and PES demo on the 360, I have also got to say that PES2008 is growing on me. It still feels a lot less fluid than fifa and much more "angular" in gameplay. Its just the little incidentals such as collisons, tackles, turns, dribbling animations that really bug me still. I have made peace with the gameplay (It just feels like "PES6 redux" version so it couldnt really go that wrong as it couldnt get anyworse than PEs6 on the 360 last year!) but the little animations, the feel and the gamespeed still need refining. Whcih if they can do so for the retail then there is still hope that this will be the game to play this year!!

Got to say though, the cut scenes, replays and faces are absolutely superb! THe game actually looks fantastic when played in slow mo in a replay!!
Whatever it actually all bodes well for PES2009, when Seabass can tell his staff to now focus on the gameplay again!!

I have got to be honest as well, it is far easier to play match after match on this PES demo. I get a it fed up with the FIfa demo having to exit so soon after a half and back into the arena, Fifa demo doesnt lend itself to playing again an again easily. SO that may have also influenced my recent opintion!

Deffo looks like we shall have 2 decent footy games this year Woo Hoo!

Last edited:

I agree with most you wrote Samba, but I wonder why you find FIFA more fluent. The response of PES demo was much better and more fluent IMHO.
Matter of taste maybe :)

the demo is alot better than i originally first thought, hopefully it will be alot slower when it's released

i love fifa aswell so both games are a must, really looking forward to them in their own way

i downloaded fifa on the ps3, after all the hype on this board about it and i think its shit again!

players dont really look anything like them really, shooting is poor, passing is crap also.

the 1 thing i did like was the skills ! im not a pes fanboy ill buy any game thats good but i wont be buying fifa, unless me ps3 was chipped

One thing you can tell from the videos (I have a PS3 so haven't played it) is the normal (X) passes are unusually long. I think this is because PES plays on a bigger pitch area than its rival (I suppose pitch: player ratio). For that reason little dinky passes wouldn't cover the pitch. That also means team are not put out in the "compact" way, managers like Rafa Benitez like to do in reality, where you have a DM very close to you back four and the whole team is relatively close together at most times in a match.

Just an observation, the other game being a little bit more compact, just gives you a different style of football, not worse or better, just different.

This is crap, why dont they allow 2 players or more? So much for PES being especially for multiplayer, cant even play it, damn them.

Free kicks, the computer are good at, turkey scored 2 against me in one game, I dunno whether it was too easy and the computer can score easy, or the keepers are stupid, but then again they havent actually scored that many free kicks hmmmm. The pace is still a bit too fast, hopefully it is slower in the final game.

Well ok. Theres game speed first off. Much slower. Then you have things like slow down eradicated. Keepers arent as rubbish as they are in the demo. Much more dependent.

Well thats good news in itself, the only thing i have really disliked with the demo is the controller...LOL! Come on Sony get the blinking demo on the PS3....

Well ok. Theres game speed first off. Much slower. Then you have things like slow down eradicated. Keepers arent as rubbish as they are in the demo. Much more dependent.

So the real question is why have they bought out a demo that is supposedly nothing like the final game?

That is a very very bad move on there part if its true

The Anelka celebration are in the game ?

667909812.jpg

I'd like to ask a question to ADONIS.
You said that you and others insiders don't understand what Konami did with this demo, and that final ver is far better than this demo.

So I’d like to know if the final version has the same scripting passes/shots, or you feel more freedom and more control of the ball trajectory, not only less scripty trajectories.
As this is the matter I take more care about, I ask you if this "far better" ("Konami UK doesnt'understand" etc.) has also related with this issue.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

I'd like to ask a question to ADONIS.
You said that you and others insiders don't understand what Konami did with this demo, and that final ver is far better than this demo.

So I’d like to know if the final version has the same scripting passes/shots, or you feel more freedom and more control of the ball trajectory, not only less scripty trajectories.
As this is the matter I take more care about, I ask you if this "far better" ("Konami UK doesnt'understand" etc.) has also related with this issue.

Thank you very much.

Don't hold your breath mate. ;)

The difference is probably miniscule details that just barely are noticeable. Not that those can't make a difference, but it's not going to be a big change judging from KONAMIs previous modus operandi.

If the pace is slower than the demo and Teamvision works properly I will be happy :)

Don't hold your breath mate. ;)

The difference is probably miniscule details that just barely are noticeable. Not that those can't make a difference, but it's not going to be a big change judging from KONAMIs previous modus operandi.

As you know I share your point mate.
But, since ADONIS and others insiders keep saying final version is "another world" (for pay tribute to a great game) I'd like to measure this statement.

If the pace is slower than the demo and Teamvision works properly I will be happy :)

Scuse me Han but IMO your expectations are very low. I'd remember you are going to spend many euros, or pounds.

@ dejavu: I am talking about the differences between the demo and the full version. Those two things are not good enough. I did not compare it with PES 6.

@hullybul: Ken ik je van pesonly ( zie mijn signatuur)? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom