WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

All PS3 titles are region-free so far, so it's 99.999% certain that it will be playable on any PS3 console.

The 360 version is another matter though.

Hey Trance_Allstar, so it's safe to say that a UK PES2008 will play on my american PS3 here in the states correct?

That is correct, as long as you play the game on a HDTV or PC monotitor that can handle HD signals. Not sure what connection they are using on the PS3 (HDMI?), and I am not sure if you can play the game on a normal d-sub/VGA monitor with some sort of converter for the PS3 HDMI connection. Video is not my strong thing. :)

Mate, what platform's demo have you tried?

I tried PC demo. I didn't notice manual control in passing (although I set yes). Resolution cant be handled.

I'm looking forward at Wii versions of PES (and FIFA also). Different dev team, probably different approach and maybe some real innovation.

I've been playing on my brothers X360. Mostly running around with Ronnie shootng and dribbling alone with a goalkeeper. The collisions are superb, the ball bounces off the goalkeeper extremely realistically, both small touches and saves look great.

The trickstick is also really cool. Since it is so easy to use some sort of timing system for the more advanced moves would be good I think (there is a timing element for the rainbow kick but nothing else).

Obviously some things are dodgy. The shooting is very flakey, and I found it hard to get the ball on goal.

They have "manual" settings possible for both Passing, Through Balls, Longpassing, Crossing and Shooting. Though the aim for normal "Manual" passes felt very 8-way, they didn't really go in the exact direction I was pressing. Might be just a thing to get used to, but I got the same feeling as when using the Right Analog Stick Manual Passes in PES (not analog that is).

But I like the overall physics and such in FIFA. It doesn't get old just striking shots on the goalkeeper, since the collisions between ball and goalie are so great and nuanced.

Zooming in on the kits reveal some really high res textures where you see the textures of the fabric.

I still prefer PES from playing it so much and being very intimate with it. And recently I have played some PES6 to try and get semi-used to it for PES2008. It has grown on me again, although the same faults and annoyances that made me quit playing PES6 several times before are still there and still as annoying.

tried the PC version, but I uninstalled that one pretty quickly. I can't even remember it tbh, so I suppose it wasn't very memorable. ;)

tried the PC version, but I uninstalled that one pretty quickly. I can't even remember it tbh, so I suppose it wasn't very memorable. ;)

After 3 minutes I uninstalled. A real shame, "unlookable".
I can't understand how EA decided to deliver a such PC demo.

Title of this thread needs changing to "Winning Eleven 11 - Discussion Thread" now that WE11 has been announced as the official PS3/360 name in Japan.

WE2008 is the name of the PS2/PSP versions... confused yet?

You want make thread Nick but after you do nothing
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/41693/page-3

Re: WE11/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

After 3 minutes I uninstalled. A real shame, "unlookable".
I can't understand how EA decided to deliver a such PC demo.
The current-gen versions of FIFA aren't really worth looking at - whether I'm a part of a FIFA blog or not I can't lie (unfortunately!!). The ball-physics feel "sticky", like the ball is coated in honey. Pro Evo is better on current-gen, in my opinion, no question.

I just hope that people realise the current-gen and the next-gen versions of FIFA are developed by two different teams and that the next-gen version is actually worth the money (or at least a download of the demo), if you have a next-gen machine. (And before the sensitive members say "STOP FORCING US TO LIKE IT!!! :cry:", just an honest opinion, in response to the above posts, goodbye.)

Ermm.. just a though, since Konami made seperate WE and PES games in the past, could it be that WE 2008 is only the JAP version? The date on that site is also saying 11-22-'07. So us Euros get the usual PES I think.

That is correct, as long as you play the game on a HDTV or PC monotitor that can handle HD signals. Not sure what connection they are using on the PS3 (HDMI?), and I am not sure if you can play the game on a normal d-sub/VGA monitor with some sort of converter for the PS3 HDMI connection. Video is not my strong thing. :)

Ok thanks! I hope it works fine with HDMI an all. So, the fact that my TV is not PAL will make no difference?

I will be buying either the JAP or EURO version of this game.

Can't beleive NOKAMI will make us wait that long for this game.

Totally unacceptable. :-(

Have read the german Gamepro Magazine! They have tested the Game ( beta or some Finaldemo official from Konami), only some stuttering in the framerate/game still freezes for a second! So they cant give any commentary untill they get the Final Game!The problem was known on Gamesconvention! Konami is working on it!!
The framerate problem is on PS3 and xbox 360!!!

i think thats the point why we havent a Demo!!!!

TGS '07: Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Hands-On

The next game in Konami's world-conquering football series is nearly here. We checked in at Tokyo for a play on the latest build.
By Guy Cocker, GameSpot UK
Posted Sep 20, 2007 6:02 am PT

About this time every year, football fans begin to eagerly anticipate the latest release in their favourite gaming franchise. For many people, that game is Pro Evolution Soccer, and there's no doubt that Konami's series has its fair share of hardcore fans around the world. We first encountered the game at last month's Leipzig Games Convention, but as the game is being developed in Japan its spiritual home is really the Tokyo Game Show. Naturally, it was one of the first demo areas we headed to when the show opened, and we have plenty to update you on.

Before playing the game itself, we took in all that the video demo had to offer while waiting in the queue. The good news is that the game is looking better and better by the month, with a particularly good facial animation system that makes players look unmistakably lifelike. The second piece of great news is that official kits for Newcastle, Valencia and FC Barcelona seem to be in place, complete with the correct manufacturer logos and sponsorship details. And also on the clothing front, the kits themselves have much better deformation effects than they ever have before.

Moving on from the trailer and onto the game itself, Konami had gone to great lengths to present the game on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as elegantly as possible. Individual sofas were set up in front of large flatscreen TVs, while amps pumped out 5.1 surround sound to high-end speakers. The demo that we played on Xbox 360 offered different, if not more, teams than the Leipzig demo, including Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Spain, France and Turkey. Noticing that Brazil weren't rated as well as even Greece in terms of defense and teamwork, we opted to play a match as Spain against underdogs Turkey.

The demo itself may have been limited in terms of teams and game modes, but we noticed plenty of new tweaks that had been added in the month since we last played. During the match intro and half time, the camera now zooms into the crowd to show off the fans, and you can see them chanting and waving banners as they look on. There are also some really nice new animations, meaning that players have a much more convincing weight when you look closely. For example, they now stumble in a much more convincing manner after jumping for a header, and when they're running at full steam you can really see them thrusting their chest forward. Of course, all of this is easier to notice when playing the game in high definition, but there are some noticeably improved touches in the way that players move.

Of course, small nips and tucks are all well and good, but what fans will really be looking forward to is how the new AI system will respond to their playing style. We have to say, we found that Turkey provided quite a challenge in our friendly match, to the point where we really never had a good chance on goal. The defenders in particular are very clever about backpeddling and timing tackles. They're much less likely to be intimidated if you run at them, while pulling off a token dummy or feint also failed to get results. In the end, we rather embarrassingly lost 1-0, and to rub salt into the wound it was the result of an own goal.

Pro Evoluton Soccer 2008 is clearly starting to come together, and even though it's more difficult it's still as rewarding as ever. We were also genuinely surprised at how good it's looking graphically, although it's worth noting that the replays still featured a good degree of slowdown, while the pitch itself was lacking detail. We literally can't wait to play more of the game, especially as all our experiences so far have been with foreign language versions. Rest assured, we'll be hounding Konami for more on your behalf as soon as we return home.
-GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/...vert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

More talk of slowdown - Konami better sort that out pronto. It was one of my main annoyances with the Fifa 08 demo.

Ok thanks! I hope it works fine with HDMI an all. So, the fact that my TV is not PAL will make no difference?

I will be buying either the JAP or EURO version of this game.

Can't beleive NOKAMI will make us wait that long for this game.

Totally unacceptable. :-(

If it is an HDTV, PAL or NTSC won't make a difference. The TV can display all signals that the PS3 outputs, regardless of format. I am not sure if this is urely thanks to the HDMI interface that creates a uniform signal from all formats (in which case, Xbox360's with HDMI (ELITES?) should work aswell unless Microsoft have somehow limited it further.

If anyone has the details about this do let me know, I'd be interested in knowing. :)

I think Konami will include again the PAL/NTSC Selector like the previous PES titles.

If the game still has stutters in the frame rate come release I will not be very pleased.

PES6 had some slow down but it happened so rarely it was barely noticeable.

That gamespot preview sounded great.
I have high hopes for the AI this year, i hope I can finally bear to play it in single player.

As i have an asian 360 I think I am gonna wait for WE2008 instead of PES2008 just to see if it really is any different. doubt it will be.

The Japanese Trailer is exactly the same which I am suprised about. I don't remember this happening before or am i wrong??

Last edited:

As i have an asian 360 I think I am gonna wait for WE2008 instead of PES2008 just to see if it really is any different. doubt it will be.

The Japanese Trailer is exactly the same which I am suprised about. I don't remember this happening before or am i wrong??

Well i wont be suprised at all if the jap version(Winning eleven) is far more better then the EU version.....cus to my taste i always find the Winning eleven series better then PES eu version.

PES2008 demo is up NOW on UK Marketplace (Xbox 360).
(download speed for me - 1% every 30 seconds)

No joke, I don't do shit like that.

Well, that was unexpected! I suppose they had to get it out because the FIFA 08 demo has been out for a while. Will be good to compare them side-by-side now, anyway!

Last edited:

FUCK yah i just heard about it....damnnnn shit and i am at work :(

Demo: PES 2008
Content: PES 2008 Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia or North America
Dash Text: [<ESRB EN>] A stunningly real, breathtakingly beautiful football game! That's PES 2008! Download, play and tell your friends "This is My Game".
Size: 1.18 GB

Last edited:

There is a PESDEMO on live!
Downloading now ( 1.18 GB )

OOPS I am not new with this, lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom