WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

I bet they ain't in the game.

All the latest shots sugest they aint in, thats why it gets brought up.

Going with that theory, the latest shots suggest Arsenal aren't in the game.

Anyways, an image with, guess what, AN UNTUCKED JERSEY:

pic5qx1.jpg

Its interesting to see so many people on here supporting Fifa 08, even before any of you guys have played PES 2008.

I can see why you guys are dissapointed, but I will say everyone is jumping ship a bit too soon. Im looking forward to enjoying two footy games this year, but want to say that all the PES fans will be more than happy with the latest version.

Oh, and YES there are untucked shirts in the game. A bit obvious but hey.

You are in a land absent of logic.

You can take solace in the fact that I have a cat.

Her name is Smudge and she is the most beautiful cat ever.

<3 smudge

Interesting discussion about the untucked shirts...fascinating...stimulating....fantastic...hilarious...

Don't believe the hype there are no untucked shirts...i have a contact person in the Andorra branch of Konami...only the licensed shirts of Dynamo Ulan Bator are untuckable...

How is it possible that people bore each other with a pointless discussion about un-fucking-tucked shirts???? Spoiled brats...

You're right...There are 400 pages of useless things and you come out suddenly to say we are talking about shit....

Last edited:

I am a bit worried though about those hi-res pics of Drogba and Ronaldo.

Looking at the Nike and Puma emblems and some other details on the kits, they seem very low-resolution. Definitely not what I expected to see.

I hope those textures get a big bump when they compile the final version. I don't want to see PS2-quality emblems on the kits (and I don't think we should have to).

I am a bit worried though about those hi-res pics of Drogba and Ronaldo.

Looking at the Nike and Puma emblems and some other details on the kits, they seem very low-resolution. Definitely not what I expected to see.

I hope those textures get a big bump when they compile the final version. I don't want to see PS2-quality emblems on the kits (and I don't think we should have to).

Precisely what I was thinking. Ronaldo's arm resembles a chunk of wood.

thats not photoshop, that photo also came in a magazine

sorry, can anyone answer me a question.............??

can i play a PES 2008 buy in europe in a USA PS3 (ntsc)...in america??...

PS3 games are region free or not???

I can't wait to play this game, but man oh man, the above pics are an embarrasment to the game/company in how poor the arms and emblems look. I would never release such bad quality skin and graphic texture screens to promote my game. I don't know what NOKAMI was thinking.

The only thing on those pics that look Ace are the faces. Why couldn't they have used this same graphic quality on the rest of the body limbs?

I would be willing to overlook all this if the gameplay has improved.

Last edited:

although fifa looks improved, you can tell it will be the same as always. you never feel in control when playing fifa. when playing pes you feel anything is possible within the game

Its interesting to see so many people on here supporting Fifa 08, even before any of you guys have played PES 2008.

Exactly, people have not played the game and talk about it like a pile of crap. Problem is... that pile of crap does not exist, since they have not played.

I played "the other game" and although I recognize some progress, the game is not good for me or probably it is just me... I don't like it.

For my country-neighbour elrussi, the answer is yes, the game is region free and you can play the game. You can buy it at GAME, I recommend you a pre-order.

although fifa looks improved, you can tell it will be the same as always. you never feel in control when playing fifa. when playing pes you feel anything is possible within the game

I have tried the Demo, and FIFA and PES have very different goals for what they want to accomplish.

I like FIFAs approach quite alot, because the players aren't more responsive than a real human usually is. In PES you an usually see players moving "too quickly" in transitions, sacrificing realism for responsiveness (Ronaldo manages to get a touch on the ball that wouldn't have been possible for a real human).

FIFA has a more realistic feel where the ball feels detached and youneed to plan out your movements so that the player has time to actually touch the ball around with his feet. I also love the way you can use the Right Analog Stick to kick the ball out in any direction you press.

Obviously both games can improve, but I have played the FIFA Demo and mostly just run about with Ronaldinho to get a feel for the players movements and such, and I am mighty impressed.

Unfortunately I am a avid Supercancel users (basically all the time) so FIFA has a huge disadvantage for me whenever the players go off in another direction than I am pressing and there is no way to forcefully get back control.

You are in a land absent of logic.

You can take solace in the fact that I have a cat.

Her name is Smudge and she is the most beautiful cat ever.

<3 smudge

My cats Akira and Akushi have asked for a picture of Smudge, to give their Feline opinion on your beauty claim!!

On the whole tucked untucked debacle...I'd quite gladly have the players in drag, if Seashore would just give the ML the burial it deserves...

Last edited:

:8):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom