WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

thanks for that

The player faces are amazing, but why cant they take that much detail in the kit and the arms, the arms will do because the fact, you look at your arm, and theres not really much going on, when its relaxed, only maybe hair? Maybe they should just add texture to it or something, but how can they do the faces so well, also the hair looks good, and then make the kits look average, they are alright, but should be much better, they need texture, need to be sharper, Portugals gold/yellow line at the shoulders, should be a nice bold straight line, the rest should havesome sort of texture according to what it is made out of... but then again, the only texture you really need are for kits that have the air hole things, and similar design to man u's and barcalonas away kit, cause most of the kits texture are nitted so finely, you cant really see it anyway, I dunno, what it is then, just get the badges, and lines in better resolution, and sharper, that will do for me for now, garrr! But then again, probably looks fine in the game, just looks bad up close in 'high' res.

the delayed north american release date it the kind of crap i've been expecting of konami as of late. why the hell does it need to be in Spring of 08? we all know it's going to be the same game that comes out in the EU as evidenced by last year's 360 version(s). dumbest marketing strategy i've ever seen. i would understand a week or 2 delay as is usually seen by other countries, but who the hell needs 5-6 months to press more DVDs? f***ing morons. FIFA 08 here i go (whether i want to or not) :/ thanks for forcing my hands!

the delayed north american release date it the kind of crap i've been expecting of konami as of late. why the hell does it need to be in Spring of 08? we all know it's going to be the same game that comes out in the EU as evidenced by last year's 360 version(s). dumbest marketing strategy i've ever seen. i would understand a week or 2 delay as is usually seen by other countries, but who the hell needs 5-6 months to press more DVDs? f***ing morons. FIFA 08 here i go (whether i want to or not) :/ thanks for forcing my hands!

You can import it from gogamer.com.

You can import it from gogamer.com.

Only a valid solution if he plays a PS3 with an HDTV or similar. 360's won't play imported games from other regions.

As for the Wii version, atleast they seem to have analog aim and even some sort of trajectory control perhaps? If that means more control, it's far from gay in my book. :)

Wonder if Chelsea stats will be worse for teamwork, just because of the fact Jose has now left? Because he was the tactician behind them, 0 games lost at home in the Prem cant argue, impressive stats too, they should definately be a bit worse atleast haha :)

Last edited:

Wonder if Chelsea stats will be worse for teamwork, just because of the fact Jose has now left? Because he was the tactician behind them, 0 games at home in the Prem cant argue, impressive stats too, they should definately be a bit worse atleast haha :)
Okay. What. THE HELL.

I hadn't heard about this, just clicked BBC SPORT and there it is. Why the hell has he done that?!

Seriously, he was turning into a nice guy this season, actually complementing other teams, and he's a great manager. Christ, I'm more upset about that than I am about Henry going to Barcelona.

Oh maaan. :(

EDIT: Sky Sports News has just said that, according to a Chelsea player, he's been sacked rather than quit. That's so bad.

Last edited:

Anyone else get the feeling that the PS2 will have more stadiums than the next gen versions?

Okay. What. THE HELL.

I hadn't heard about this, just clicked BBC SPORT and there it is. Why the hell has he done that?!

Seriously, he was turning into a nice guy this season, actually complementing other teams, and he's a great manager. Christ, I'm more upset about that than I am about Henry going to Barcelona.

Oh maaan. :(

EDIT: Sky Sports News has just said that, according to a Chelsea player, he's been sacked rather than quit. That's so bad.

I am clueless why he has done it, 3 more years with contract too, did seem odd with the blackburn and rosenburg draws, he was very frustrated, but thats understanable but then this? Conflict maybe, I mean why was Roman Abromhovic laughing when Rosenburg scored.

:(

Anyway, it is more than likely, infact probably guarenteed that current gen, or last gen, well PS2 version will have a lot more stadiums than the next gen version, 360, PC and PS3.

Its the same video, only the title has been changed.

It is? Why the hell did they make a big deal about putting a video release date on the site and such?

Maybe they think the Japanese folk haven't seen it already, silly I know.

Why is the PS3 version more expensive than XBox360 ?

52_01190255766.jpg

:roll:

Is it because of the Blu-ray disc ? Or additional content ?

Why is Winning Eleven 2008 comin out a month later this year than PRO EVO 2008? Man worst case scenario, I ma get both, cause I want the best game.. I know they gonna put in some extra work for the Japanese PPl

With the special one gone how will that affect chelsea on pes2008?

Can you edit the manager? or take jose out and put somone else in?

I was thinking that aswell. hopefully the managers faces will be editable or atleast real (i dont wanna see random faces coaching my favourite teams).

I have tried the Demo, and FIFA and PES have very different goals for what they want to accomplish.

Mate, what platform's demo have you tried?

I tried PC demo. I didn't notice manual control in passing (although I set yes). Resolution cant be handled.

I'm looking forward at Wii versions of PES (and FIFA also). Different dev team, probably different approach and maybe some real innovation.

Last edited:

Sorry for my "Childish" comments over the last few weeks.

I hope that both games turn out to be superb. :8):

Peace.

Title of this thread needs changing to "Winning Eleven 11 - Discussion Thread" now that WE11 has been announced as the official PS3/360 name in Japan.

WE2008 is the name of the PS2/PSP versions... confused yet?

Can anyone confirm PES2008 (europe) will be region-free and so playable on JAP PS3 consoles?

It seems implicit on WENB import post.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom