WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/14/07)

some of the posters in here i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire

Ha, it's getting annoying though.

It's the same idiots like Placebo coming in with their spam trying to convince us to buy FIFA with reasons that are the exact things that put us off FIFA. God knows what's provoking him to post huge screens showing off FIFAs graphics.

Wow FIFA has good graphics, it's not like it's something new!

Last edited:

Just watched that Pro Evo vid between CW and Kenny. It just looks really bad compared with Fifa 08. Up until I played the Fifa demo I really thought this would be the one because I'd been looking for an improved PES6. The thing is, after watching the Premiership games today, I played the Fifa demo and I was amazed how similar it is to the real thing. Then you look at this PES 2008 video and everything seems so robotic. The ridiculous side stepping is back and they do it ALL the time. It looks much much too fast as well. I was really hoping for a big improvemt from PES this year but year after year it's the same thing. I'll give it a rent I reckon or play the demo but I'm not expecting much to be honest.

Someone call the 50!

FIFA's always had more realistic animation Noted, it's done that for years.

PES sacrifices animation to make the contols responsive.

Responsiveness is why I play PES over FIFA, Virtua Fighter over Smackdown etc...

FIFA's always had more realistic animation Noted, it's done that for years.

PES sacrifices animation to make the contols responsive.

Responsiveness is why I play PES over FIFA, Virtua Fighter over Smackdown etc...
Do you really think so? I like the animations from PES much more and that is no fanboy-talk :)

Some animations in PES are robotic, such as the running. In FIFA you always have to wait for an animation set to finish before making a move, it's so annoying.

Like the shooting animations in PES, the part leading up to the strike, is realistic but a bit stiff, this is so the super-cancel can happen quickly, you hardly notice this because when you hit a powerful shot the player loosens up and you get that nice swing animation.

I prefer the animations in PES, but the running is very robotic because it's the base that most other animation follow from, so it has to be one that changes quickly, the strides seem quite small to me.

If you prefer it to FIFA then I don't have a problem.

Let me tell you why I prefer it:
I last played the FIFA-demo and there was a moment I needed to instantly move into the opposite direction as what my player was facing. My player just watched the desired direction without a smooth transition to it. It just watched to the other side in the blink of a second.
That goes more smoothly and natural in PES.

Fifa feels very stiff. Also as pointed out it is unresponsive. That could also explain why PSE seems faster than Fifa.

Don't you people ever get tired from all this repetitive fifa/pes talk?

pes always had better animation & lots of them
in fifa08 some animations look better then in pes

anyways about the pes responsiveness is where the pes gameplay shines, it can't be comperable with fifa thats a crime, its like saying, pes has more licenses then fifa;)

Edit: Hello again friends :]

Don't you people ever get tired from all this repetitive fifa/pes talk?

SCREW YOU FANBOY

But seriously folks.

There's a crew of us here that know. We know that the game is gonna be pretty bomb-diggity.

Unfortunately about 80% of peeps saw the first batch of screenshots and felt as if they could write a 12 page dossier on the inner workings on the game.

But this is the plan

followed by

then profit

The only issue now is to win the lottery to be able to afford a PS3.

ps to join da crew you gots to finish ur posts wiv dis
emot-colbert.gif

emot-colbert.gif

No, it's 8 way movement.

Edit: and you can't play it with the dpad, which blows.

this is bullshit. fifa has 360 movement. play the demo and stop talking fanboy blabla

well I dont agree. it feels and plays like 360

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/06/07)

BTW regarding PES2008, does anyone know if the stamina/sprinting dynamic has improved (or even if this was improved in PES6?) in the last PES' I played eg PES5 you could pretty much hold down the sprint button and sprint non stop until at some point after 60 mins your players' stamina is getting a little low, which obviously isn't realistic, any news if it's more accurate in PES2008 to reflect the fact that in real life footballers have to choose how often they sprint and for how long to last a full 90 mins?

Well in PES6 it was improved, im talking of the PS2 version at least, I can actually perfectly stand by this aswell, Ive been playing a fix player master league with a mate, it is pretty awesome, anyway, I play AMF and he plays DMF, he runs about all over the place, his stamina is gone at half time and he gets much slower, his player stat stamina is 94 aswell, mine must be about 86 and I play more of a run, into space, get ball and then release, not too much and have about half, so its perfect, in the enxt match, he has higher accumulated fatigue aswell, but not by much, due to his higher stamina and conditioning aswell.

But when you play normal, all the staminas are similar as you arent always running with the one, but it is pretty much spot on, in my point of view :D

Im with you lot, some animations on Fifa are nice, but I do prefer PES animatons, cant comment on the running, but on PS2 PES6 the running animations were nice I reckon, there where four different ones aswell in edit mode.

Fifa is definately 8 way, go try it, run up, then move to top right and then right, if it was 360 he would move in a curve, if not, he will run straight up, then switch to diagnal, then switch to righ, thats how you can prove it, video record it, if you wish, keep me entertained, infact go wild try it with manual passing, see how much true freedom you have with that, again with the same 8 directions
emot-colbert.gif

:D

Last edited:

I'm gonna be honest here.

I joined this place about 4 years ago, posted for a while then just switched to browsing.

And it's bloody sad how much time you all spend bickering about which game is superior.

Why can't you all just shut the hell up about it, enjoy whichever game is your preference and let it be.

You're never going to convince a FIFA 'Fanboy' (is that the right terminology around here?..) to PES and likewise. It's beating a dead horse with a stick, nothings going to happen.

It's getting boring, basically.

Saying 'you all' is a bit harsh in fairness. But there's more than a minority.

Last edited:

So is the auto sidestep in the game? I cant figure it out from the videos...

Yes auto sidestep is back but it doesn't occur anywhere near as much as in PES5 and only when it is needed, and is much better implemented so it looks more realistic.

I'm gonna be honest here.

I joined this place about 4 years ago, posted for a while then just switched to browsing.

And it's bloody sad how much time you all spend bickering about which game is superior.

Why can't you all just shut the hell up about it, enjoy whichever game is your preference and let it be.

You're never going to convince a FIFA 'Fanboy' (is that the right terminology around here?..) to PES and likewise. It's beating a dead horse with a stick, nothings going to happen.

It's getting boring, basically.

Saying 'you all' is a bit harsh in fairness. But there's more than a minority.

The key is to respond to my posts so as to break up the dross, I will in turn post something great and we re-build from there.

I can't do it in my own, however
emot-colbert.gif

God knows what's provoking him to post huge screens showing off FIFAs graphics.

Someone posted the comment that Rooney and Ronaldo look nothing like real life in Fifa, I merely refuted that by showing a pic where they look like real life, if that concept is too hard for you to understand you should try growing a brain cell or two.

I despise liars of all kinds, saying "Rooney and Ronaldo look nothing like real life in Fifa" is nothing more than a lie intended to belittle certain people and make certain people feel good and important, it's not an "opinion" saying such things which are blatantly untrue it's a lie and liars cannot be condoned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom