WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Thomas no more news?

No new stadiums or something like that?

Damn... I wanted Luz there!

Thanks pal! :)

Because Konami want the EPL license and they are trying to get the Premier Leagues attention by having Owen, Terry on the cover.

hey boys, did I miss anything?

Just saw a mini preview on CVG at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171058
Seems a shortened version of the PS3 mag preview of PES2008

Sounds positive, not ground breaking but good.

Like the mention of new animations
you can really see - and feel -the difference. Wait until you see Ronaldinho leaping high into the air and heel-flicking a perfect pass to Messi.
Nice!

"4. I want to be able to do a long throw into the box from the corner area's most premiership teams do this...."

ummm this has been in the game for a long long time, use a player with long throw in ability and hit circle....

6. Get rid of that crappy cut scene where the player misses and rolls over like he has just landed from a parachute..What is that all about.

Damn dude, your suggestions are pretty interesting, but I would not take you seriously with suggestions like the one above. :lmao: How TF can affect gameplay that cut-scene? :lmao: All the others are nice, I like specially the GK superjump against strikers!

Damn dude, your suggestions are pretty interesting, but I would not take you seriously with suggestions like the one above. :lmao: How TF can affect gameplay that cut-scene? :lmao: All the others are nice, I like specially the GK superjump against strikers!

I know but that one when you miss and he falls and rolls just p1sses me off, it looks crap, I have seen many players fall to their knees head in hands but not roll over after that which is why the cutscene gets on my nerves..as I said its just a list ....

"4. I want to be able to do a long throw into the box from the corner area's most premiership teams do this...."

ummm this has been in the game for a long long time, use a player with long throw in ability and hit circle....

I can't get it into the 6 yard box area though it just goes a litle bit into the area, maybe I do not have the right abilities on the player but i play as Newcastle and Geremi does it in reality..

Erm we aint selling out guys.

Im sorry if its upset you all, but it was something we couldnt protest against. When we posted scans we were actually breaking the law. Me & Suff had no idea. I think thats why certain forums have rules where you cant post scans of magazines. Obviously you can in Evo-web, but in some its forbidden. We will definitly have scans of the mag, but only after a week or so after the mag has been on the stands. Dan, the editor, has promised to send me an actual PDF of the PES 2008 feature so we have amazing quality.

This PSM3 collaboration is a venture we are going to try out for a few months. In that time I'd appreciate everyones support and not claim we are selling out. I hope in a few months people will see some very good things come from this. If we were selling out then you would already see a big change in the blog. Me & Suff recently turned down a big sponsorship deal due to them wanting to take full control of the site and throw shit loads of ads on the blog. We didnt want to do it as we knew everyone would hate it, even though our pockets would be healthier.

I just want to finish on the fact that we dont need PSM3 to get further with Konami. WENB is already in a fantastic position with them, working with PSM3 is strictly for the good of the blog.

Me & Suff recently turned down a big sponsorship deal due to them wanting to take full control of the site and throw shit loads of ads on the blog. We didnt want to do it as we knew everyone would hate it, even though our pockets would be healthier.

This is the kind of stuff that you wont get thanked for and will cop a load of shite for really mundane things.

I just wanted you to know that I love you and that's all that matters. Also I'm sure that the majority of people here are out of the boxers like myself and share my opinion here.

If you were making shitty decisions for your own benefit then it'd be obvious and you'd have even more male pms to deal with than you do now. Fact is the smart people are happy.

Simple logic is the enemy of stupid

We have a popular website serving a certain community. Oh dear we have copyrighted material that said copyright holders will see... I know, let's replace the website with the scans and scans alone.

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf

Fo reals you've done a stellar job and I'm sure you know this, I just wanted you guys to know that us lot think likewise.

smilies all round

:]

Cheers mate, me & suff truly love you Badgerman - especially your drawing of us (well he does...;))

Im sure once we start getting into the usual mode of posting news like before Leipzig people will realise we havent changed at all.

But negative or positive, I appreciate everyone who has spoke about the blog. Word of mouth has got us so far. If it wasnt for the guys on here we'd be zero. We wont let you guys down.

Anyone who thinks WENB are selling out are idiots and you can quote me on that!

Well I think that if Konami put a bit of slap on the initial batch of screenshots then the general feel might have been cautious optimism, as opposed to slash wrists now.

You lot were just unfortunate enough to be the vehicle for the ensuing nerd rage.

One thing I'm interested about however is that how much have you put into this site out of your own pocket?

I'm not the most savvy of persons when it coms to webmastering but do the google ads on the side really cover hosting costs?

Was your Leipzig a freebie or was that something you wanted to do anyway?

One last thing, I was very freaked out upon seeing both of you in the vids.

I don't think I could MSpaint a better likeness having seen you compared to me drawing you based on your voice.

ps tell suff he's super smooth. The vids weren't conclusive but I'm pretty sure he moonwalks everywhere.

and has busines cards with just his face on

If it's any consolation, Ad, you looked pretty stacked (muscle kind not boob kind). Unless my memory is failing me and you just looked like the BFG as Suff was super small.

You're a great team by the bys.

Keep on keeping it reals

Adam:

Do you think less known teams like Ecuador, Costa Rica, Trinidad, etc will receive the same treatment as Brasil, Argentina, England, etc, in the likeness department? ie faces and all that?

Great work BTW

Well I think that if Konami put a bit of slap on the initial batch of screenshots then the general feel might have been cautious optimism, as opposed to slash wrists now.

You lot were just unfortunate enough to be the vehicle for the ensuing nerd rage.

One thing I'm interested about however is that how much have you put into this site out of your own pocket?

I'm not the most savvy of persons when it coms to webmastering but do the google ads on the side really cover hosting costs?

Was your Leipzig a freebie or was that something you wanted to do anyway?

One last thing, I was very freaked out upon seeing both of you in the vids.

I don't think I could MSpaint a better likeness having seen you compared to me drawing you based on your voice.

ps tell suff he's super smooth. The vids weren't conclusive but I'm pretty sure he moonwalks everywhere.

and has busines cards with just his face on

If it's any consolation, Ad, you looked pretty stacked (muscle kind not boob kind). Unless my memory is failing me and you just looked like the BFG as Suff was super small.

You're a great team by the bys.

Keep on keeping it reals

Well Suff is super smooth my friend, trust me. He was on the booths babes like flies on shit! They loved him though, he certainly knows how to talk to the ladies.

Mate google ads gives us f'all revenue. People clicked it at first, but nowadays we get nothing. Everything comes from our own pockets. The HD camera cost me just over £700, while the whole Leipzig experience cost me personally around £500. We invest a lot of time into this and money, thats why we need sponsorship pretty fast! But only if its right for the blog.

What started off as a news round-up site has become something of a monster. I go into every PES related forum on various sites and see our blog being quoted everywhere. It was surreal at first, but Im now Im extremely proud when I see it.

Adam:

Do you think less known teams like Ecuador, Costa Rica, Trinidad, etc will receive the same treatment as Brasil, Argentina, England, etc, in the likeness department? ie faces and all that?

Great work BTW

Very good chance of this. That was the whole point of the subs faces videos, to show everyone how everyone was perfectly replicated.

A lot of people not understanding how these guys have helped out so much things can only get better in future. People got to remember W.E.N.B hasnt been up for that long take one step at a time. :)

You done great work guys. :applause:

Mate google ads gives us f'all revenue. People clicked it at first, but nowadays we get nothing. Everything comes from our own pockets. The HD camera cost me just over £700, while the whole Leipzig experience cost me personally around £500. We invest a lot of time into this and money, thats why we need sponsorship pretty fast! But only if its right for the blog.

Ahhhhhh

arrrrrrrgggghhh

ahhhhh

I have faith in that both of you are sane and aren't waiting for a massive money offer. After seeing Suff's clothes he seems pretty well off anyway so I'm sure he's got nothing to worry about.

Ahhhhh

If it got to that point with me I would be laying down the LAW big time.

You don't like the blog? F U, IP BANNED.

But yeah you guys deserve some mad props for keeping the site going for as long as it has without pop ups everywhere and having thumbnails randomly lead to rolox watch cheap price you buy websites.

Ahhhhh atleast £1,200. Although I guess the HD cam is a good investment.

Seriously though. You lot just chillax in the knowledge that you're in our dreams.

ps don't go into bankruptcy and start ringing me begging for my love to be exchanged for money.

pps 400 for the camera.

Last edited:

Very good chance of this. That was the whole point of the subs faces videos, to show everyone how everyone was perfectly replicated.

Good news!, thanks for the quick reply. Hope you guys get good sponsors soon.

BTW: can you say when you will be able to comment on what you guys saw behind close doors?

6) ML: I honestly don't care also since I don't play ML a lot, but I agree with you that is a joke that the structure remains unchanged. However, they "at least" have added something with fan ratings and so. Pretty stupid by sure, but at least something...

"If" as I've read, the fan rating thing solely affects your chances of signing players then that means it's not even new, there was already a "club prestige" system which affected how likely or unlikely you were to sign players. So they haven't added something new, they've renamed an existing aspect* and slapped on a couple of poor quality static images......

(*it's too insignificant to call a feature IMO)

"If" as I've read, the fan rating thing solely affects your chances of signing players then that means it's not even new, there was already a "club prestige" system which affected how likely or unlikely you were to sign players. So they haven't added something new, they've renamed an existing aspect* and slapped on a couple of poor quality static images......

(*it's too insignificant to call a feature IMO)

It is about perception I guess, anyway I don't care about ML as I said. I am more in the "multiplayer" arena.

It is about perception I guess, anyway I don't care about ML as I said. I am more in the "multiplayer" arena.

Well I only play ML not MP, but I still would say that I hope and expect for the MP players that the game is improved and expanded in that area because I know many people enjoy it, and I'm not selfish enough not to care about a mode just because I personally don't play it :)

One question. Will Konami keep the PES6 servers?.

I think ill stick with Pes6 this year, maybe ill buy later in 2008 when PES08 will be half-price. And only if Juce&Robbie continue with Kitserver. I hope there will be enough people in the servers...

NeticH:

I think in pes2008 there is going to be Lan play - so therefore would make the onlie aspect of pes2008 better because we may see the return of the pes launcher again.

IMO was a great community, with a great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom