WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Call me narrow-minded but I can't wait for the next-gen incarnation of PES. I don't give a monkeys about the Master League and I really can't see anything else that would make me feel negatively towards the game at all.

The news (although unconfirmed as of yet according PSM3 magazine) that online play will only support 1 v 1 is annoying but not anywhere near enough to put me off buying the game. Keep in mind that us PS3 users are playing PS2 PES6 at the moment so the mere thought of HD graphics and a PS3 footie game is enough to get us going.

Roll on PES2008 and keep up the good work Seabass!

I thought Europe, America, Japan and everywhere else was just getting PES 2008. I think it's the new worldwide name for the game now.

I thought Europe, America, Japan and everywhere else was just getting PES 2008. I think it's the new worldwide name for the game now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they announced Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution were merged into the one game from now on.

If they did, I'm pretty sure they meant the US Winning Eleven. There's no way they would change the name in Japan.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they announced Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution were merged into the one game from now on.

No. They never merge PES and WE. Its only been announced that both the EU and US versions will use the same name PES 2008. The Japanese version will remain Winning Eleven.

ya, i also thought that, ive read some news about that months ago.

dammit, your are like my fan number 1, always post about me, signatures etc..
sorry but i'm not gay :l
Thats the best you could come up with? a stupid Gay Jibe? :) Shows how 1 dimensional you are doesnt it.. hence the ignorance of 360 and lovin of PS3

I honestly dont think Japan will get a better Masterleague.

Its just the Magazines over there starting little preview rumours like the european ones did at first using the same examples.

So they are just commenting breifly on an improved masterleague compared to last years not PES2008.

embrace hope not but it would be just like Konami. IMO Winning Eleven 10 was 10 times better than PES6 in the gameplay department, my main gripe with WE10 was how fast it was!

still feel like i know fuck all about this game, hardly nothing has been mentioned regarding edit mode

Yeah the gameplay will probably be improved slightly.

The European releases even if they are after the Japanese ones are usually inferior. PES6 was the worst out of the 3 on the PS2.

PES6 came out 10 months ago. It's still the game I play the most nowadays, against mates. PES2008 will be the same.

PES6 came out 10 months ago. It's still the game I play the most nowadays, against mates. PES2008 will be the same.

It will be for me also. Despite I'm disapponted at this moment.

Only 1vs1 laggy cut back games, only 15 stadia, the crappiest of which for on line purposes, once again no bundesliga at all, no premiership licensed, the same master league structure.

Who are we kidding????? next gen my ass, this is current gen rip off based on a blind childish fanbase and the lack of any credible competitor.

Correct, Lets face it, were all gonna play this game for the next year for one simple reason, There will be no better game out there.
Bottom line

And it will be quite fun to play it...

i enjoy pro evo 6 on the 360, so the new one coming out will be better plus have an edit mode.....so bring it on

I'll bet my PS3 for it that the JAP version on the PS3 wil be better and different.

btw there is still 1 thing botherig me....is the face making thing ONLY on 360 or alsow on PS3?

I miss the days when the word "next gen" didn't exist. The days of Snes, Megadrive, Saturn, Playstation1, Nintendo 64, PS2...

There was no "Next gen" then, there were good games and bad games. Today a game has to be good and "Next gen", whatever the fuck that means.

Super Mario World is still better than 99% of "Next gen" games. DEAL WITH THAT "NEXT GEN" FANBOYS!!! ;)

Well, take a look of mine too:http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=179337
I suggest to split the jump action and the heading, so you can just jump without heading if you want i.e.: if you'd like to jump just for chest (How many time you are receiving a long pass and you don't want to head, but you don't want the defender jump upon your shoulders to head instead?) or to deflect a shot...

Please take a look of my suggestion and vote if you share it.

thank you.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=179286

According to WENB the new PSM mag has lots of new details about PES2008. But theres is nothing on the blog about the info.. we have to buy the mag?? Is WENB selling out?

I miss the days when the word "next gen" didn't exist. The days of Snes, Megadrive, Saturn, Playstation1, Nintendo 64, PS2...

There was no "Next gen" then, there were good games and bad games. Today a game has to be good and "Next gen", whatever the fuck that means.

Super Mario World is still better than 99% of "Next gen" games. DEAL WITH THAT "NEXT GEN" FANBOYS!!! ;)

Back in the SNES/MegaDrive days, the PlayStation, Saturn and N64 were called "Super consoles". At least that's what GamesMaster called them.

According to WENB the new PSM mag has lots of new details about PES2008. But theres is nothing on the blog about the info.. we have to buy the mag?? Is WENB selling out?

there is no new info. they say ML now has fans telling you a popularity rating (yay another useless feature!) and that affects who is willing to join your team on a transfer. seems like selling out to me since they are pimping the magazine which DOES NOT have big news regarding the game. it was better when WENB just posted the info contained in the mags instead of pushing us to buy the issue from their new partner.

i just hope the HUM v. CPU games are somewhat more 'non-cheat' since i can't stand having my players performing triple spins when i run in to challenge for a ball. i also can't stand that during corners the CPU always gets the rebound no matter how i position m y players and what level of attack i'm using. i wish someone would report on the CPU scripts that has plagued PES6.

Back in the SNES/MegaDrive days, the PlayStation, Saturn and N64 were called "Super consoles". At least that's what GamesMaster called them.

But games for those consoles didn't have the pressure of having to be labelled "Next gen". At least not the way it is today.

With this so called popularity rating, do we assume there will be a proper rejection system in place for when transfers do not get accepted. I'm sick of offering the full amount of points for a player (Top 4 in top league) and getting a straight rejection with no explanation. If so i may slightly be tempted into giving ML another go on PES2008 ;]

Only 1vs1 laggy cut back games, only 15 stadia, the crappiest of which for on line purposes, once again no bundesliga at all, no premiership licensed, the same master league structure.

Who are we kidding????? next gen my ass, this is current gen rip off based on a blind childish fanbase and the lack of any credible competitor.

I agree with your post, but a lot of us have different perceptions, although Konami try to deliver the best game they can... offering all the options you mention.

1) 1 vs 1 is fine for me. About cut backs, I know people that play very well, you won't make them a single cut back goal. For me that is a defending problem on you. I have taken a lot of them, but that is when my full backs are beaten by the wingers.

2) 15 stadia? That is not even confirmed. If so, can you give me a reliable link?

3) Is that official too? I know that PES online is not the best, but you cannot be sure of that since you have not played the game yet.

4) No Bundesliga fact: yes, i am with you in this, and I think that sucks big time.

5) No Premiership licensed? I don't care. I can edit the kits myself or download an OF. For me that is not a big problem, the problem is NOT HAVING MORE TEAMS AND LEAGUES, licensed or not.

6) ML: I honestly don't care also since I don't play ML a lot, but I agree with you that is a joke that the structure remains unchanged. However, they "at least" have added something with fan ratings and so. Pretty stupid by sure, but at least something...

I most likely will skip PES 2008 and buy WE 11. ;)

:lmao: Are you serious with this? If you don't know, WE comes only in Japanese. So, unless you know Japanese, you are not able to play it. Remember PS3 is not hacked yet so no patching scene can work to translate the game. I STRONGLY doubt that this game will be released on Xbox360. It will be PS3/PS2 exclusive like always.

Am I the only one dont care at all about Licenses?

I don't care about licenses, specially knowing that is rumoured that we have a huge editing suite :lmao: I hope so...

Last edited:

All the media have sold out, dont blame the WENB boyz given the chance I would to as I would love to try and get my hands on the game prior to launch. HOWEVER we need some media to tell Seabass how we all feel and sort out the majority of issues that don't require a re-write (I personally dont want revolution as the formulae works to an extent), but having said that there are little things they can do which wont kill their gameplay scripting (of course there are scripts all games must have them)

Thats what the forum should do get a top 10 easy changes / top 10 more long term and get WENB to push it up their line to the Konami team and demand a response...LOL!!!

I will start...

1. Goalkeepers do not have a forcefield and cannot outjump every player, this is why they drop the ball mis punch etc.

2. Goals do not have metal cylinders at the back of them.. where did they see that ????

3. SWOS had leagues and players to boot, we dont care about licences we can do that work together as a community just give us the slots and the editing tools to do it.

4. I want to be able to do a long throw into the box from the corner area's most premiership teams do this....

5. Stop my players doing ring a ring of roses when going in for a tackle, I have never seen that much spinning since breakdance came out on DVD.

6. Get rid of that crappy cut scene where the player misses and rolls over like he has just landed from a parachute..What is that all about.

7. Adrianno cannot run trough everyone and score from everywhere...

8. Defenders cannot turn from a stationary position and outpace any striker in the world.

9. PUt 20-22 teams in the League in Master League and allow upto 6 divisions configurable. (see point 3)

10. allow short short corners so I can whip the ball in why has my player got to be 20 feet away and a defender right next to him....

I am sure there are hundreds more, none of those above seem like a major re-write to me......

I would love to see a response from Seabass just on those and I am sure there are far better idea's on this board than those..

Thats the best you could come up with? a stupid Gay Jibe? :) Shows how 1 dimensional you are doesnt it.. hence the ignorance of 360 and lovin of PS3
Just leave me alone kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom