WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Gossip Thread

Im expecting a huge jump up onto next gen in both graphics and gameplay

if we get PS2 game with betrter graphics itll be what tips me onto FIFA

I hope Franck Ribery and Leo Messi have a real faces and stats

ClassicD said:
I'm positive it's there or it was there before, I've deffo seen it!
Yep, its always been there.
untitled19oo.jpg

Artist said:
I really don´t understand why ppl come here to talk about WE 10 as they had already play the game. Do you really think KOnami would release a new game with similiar gameplay?

true but... the problem is not delivering the SAME gameplay, the problem is if they deliver worse... that has happened in the past, and ppl who play this series since PSX days know the feeling. WE8 is there to remind us all about that, but there were others.

They worked for an year in WE 10 so there is much difference for sure,

Not enterely true Notty. They also work on PES 5 and J-League, and even if they represent minor changes it still demands work and it's the same team doing it. They could only start working on WE10 after finishing J-League and the truth is that never in the history of WE have they released a new version that soon.

I don´t believe anyone in this community will play the game for 1 day and take it out of the PS2, you can say what you want, I just don´t believe it! So stop saying bad things about the game and talk about it after you play so you can see what you dislike.

that's true. No matter if it's good or not we will surely play it like crazy. The problem is when, after a few weeks or months you discover unaceptable bugs and mistakes that Konami didn't commit in KCET days in PSX and that are now left behind in this commercial era of PES. I cannot accept that after 10 years of WE developtment I pick PES5 and I can score bug freekicks from 50m with the side pass to a striker above 90 sho ability. That's simply unaceptable. They cannot include everything to make it perfect but overlook such major issues (the bug freekick, the frequency of fouls without cards that awards tackling style of play, etc) and launch a game with them after so many years of expertise is in that dangerous zone of lack of respect for the consumer.

Anyway Konami have never been very respectful of the consumer anyway, and veteran players know that for a fact. The traditional disrespect for european markets untill PES5 (respect only came the day PES overcame FIFA in sales) delivering poorer european versions, the confusing marketing technique of launching 3 sometimes 4 versions of the same game in a single year (someting without paralel in the industry), the total absence of interaction with the consumer in terms of feedback (everyone ever stumbled over a Konami initiative demanding for WE gamers to write their views on the game? yeah right...)...

it's a whole scenery that has grown into this "I can see it coming" that mainly veteran players feel towards these launches, specially when they are obviously paced due to commercial rather than quality deadlines.

I still remember with a smile the days when WE/ISS Pro Evo wasn't even reviewed in magazines. KCET delivered a product that took a year (sometimes more) to developt but it was simply outstanding and a benchmark in the PSX platform.

RuneEdge said:
I think fantomas meant being able to set the number of players you can have as substitutes, not the number of substitutions you can make. That's the mistake I made to start with.

Mauras said:
They could only start working on WE10 after finishing J-League and the truth is that never in the history of WE have they released a new version that soon.
Sorry to pedant but before WE moved to summer releases with 7, WE6 was out in April 02 and that was after WE5FE in Dec 01. I agree with your other points though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RuneEdge said:
untitled19oo.jpg

I don't think that was his point. I think he meant how many players you are allowed to have on the bench in a game. Like in real life in the Premiership they are allowed to have 5 players on the bench. In PES you have 12. Not how many subs you can make during the game, which you are showing in that picture.

JohnnyUSA said:
FIFA is slowly taking what PES has done and incorporating it in their game...

Well it seems only fair, after all Konami have stolen EA's policy of annual releases with little update, bugs unfixed, features removed :)

:shock: :lmao: :shock:

You must be joking!!!!

Fifa is fifa and WE is We!

Ea now starts to copy some parts of We but gameplay will never change in Fifa!!! Its for people who wants the more Arcade style!!!

We is deep gameplay, you have to learn, and not centering bycicle Kick and goal!!!!

My hopes are in Football climax from Sega! We need fresh blood! But not from EA!!

If FIFA starts to slip to PES they will do all they can to claw the market back... I know they will never just copy PES like for like but if they copy enough of it they will put more pressure on Konami to evolve!!

Whats football Climax when it's at home!!

Looks good so far not sure about the 1 on 1 thing could end up like FIFA's off the ball crap... like the wear on the grass Konami should look at their pitches... getting wear in there over a season would be great and having divots come out and slide tackle marks would be fab...

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm
PlayStation 2
World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 (Konami): 9, 9, 9, 9 - (36/40)

Xbox 360
2006 FIFA World Cup (EA): 9, 8, 8, 9 - (34/40)
Not bad only two marks off shame its only international teams.

The demo will be free on the Marketplace any day now so we can see how they are progressing.

Last edited:

Mart said:
I think fantomas meant being able to set the number of players you can have as substitutes, not the number of substitutions you can make. That's the mistake I made to start with.
Ahhhhh, I see. My bad.
Well in that case, I dont think there's an option for that. Atleast I havent seen it myself.

There are some environmental things which are unacceptable but you just know that Konami really don't care about such things:

- The non-existent crowd in WE9/PES5 (even the PC ports)
- The lack of dynamic weather if you played any kind of season, league, ML
- The worst crowd sounds in possibly any sporting title ever (some sound like a kid with a spoon and a metal bucket, others sound like devil worshipping)
- The fields/piches are a joke. As the rest of the graphics improve, the fields look more and more pathetic.
- Not every team in the whole world has a proliferation of supporters banners that read "Who Ate All The Pies"!!!
- It would be nice if they got even some kind of minor sponsorship (from the local sushi restaurant at least!) so we could have adboards other than just ones saying Konami at every freaking stadium.

Konami do need to pay attention to these details because as much as we love good gameplay, having a realistic atmosphere is very important and I don't think Konami remotely consider this.

Also just for clarification - PES/Konami is chasing FIFA - FIFA BLOW them away sales wise WorldWide - FIFA06 is one of the top 3 Selling Games in England alone - PES is not even in the England Top 10 ...So FIFA are less inclined to do much of anything - however they have taken strides to make the game more realistic and NOBODY does atmosphere like FIFA - You play Man City v.s. Manchester United and it can give you chills b/c the announcers acknowledge the Rivalry how the city is split " Men women in Children are either in Blue or Red today" etc...I hope PES gives us that someday ...hell, I hope they remember to give us a crowd FFS in WE10!

TheWolf said:
- Not every team in the whole world has a proliferation of supporters banners that read "Who Ate All The Pies"!!!

lmao :D

ive never seen one in my life!

7 days :D looking forward to it now

especially the random team match :D

National teams with fake names :

Wales, croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia & Montenegro, Rep. Czech, Germany, Turkey, Bulgaria, Latvia, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Trnidad & Tobago, Iran, Saudi Arabia.

Placebo said:
Well it seems only fair, after all Konami have stolen EA's policy of annual releases with little update, bugs unfixed, features removed :)
czech-republic056.jpg

That is funny!!!

embraceuk1 said:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm
PlayStation 2
World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 (Konami): 9, 9, 9, 9 - (36/40)

Xbox 360
2006 FIFA World Cup (EA): 9, 8, 8, 9 - (34/40)
Not bad only two marks off shame its only international teams.

The demo will be free on the Marketplace any day now so we can see how they are progressing.
The PS2 version of FIFA WC 2006 got 31/40 on PS2 in the exact same magazine. That's the comparison that should be made with WE10 if you're looking at how close it's come in terms of gameplay, not the 360 one which has obviously received more points for it's visuals, IMO.

JohnnyUSA said:
Why? we buried the Golden Age of Football....Easily ...and embarrassingly so...Figo and that group pf overrated players shot their mouths off and the USA shoved a boot up their asses ....Woooooo!!

It's normal if football sounds stupid for some people with morons like you ...

ClassicD said:
The PS2 version of FIFA WC 2006 got 31/40 on PS2 in the exact same magazine. That's the comparison that should be made with WE10 if you're looking at how close it's come in terms of gameplay, not the 360 one which has obviously received more points for it's visuals, IMO.

Now now Classic... You know damn well that that would involve common sense.:roll:

This is the internet for christs sake.

aoi alpha said:
...i can't wait to receive my copy of WE 10, for many reason (the best it's because this is the best soccer game since more than 8 years) but also because i will stop to look around in We site like this one to see some new pics or new video and unfortunately take a look about stupid posts like yours...

I will give some discount coz you're probably a newbie that plays the game like from WE7 or WE8 and obviously don't know what you're talking about. Is WE the best game? Yes of course it is, I never said the contrary. But if you were around back in the PSX days you would be able to see how much detail Konami actually put into developing. Even though 1 player modes allways sucked, but that was ok by then as the series was just starting.

But having a look at where they are now, what do I see? Rushed releases that should be called as upgrades instead of new versions with bugs that were impossible to happen back in the good days and 1 player modes that aren't too different than the ones back in PSX days. And how many years ago was that? Jeez couldn't Konami put some effort on this after a decade or so?

I will continue playing WE of course coz it's the best, but only in multiplayer mode as 1 player modes do suck. And this year I won't throw any more money into Konami's pocket's buying WE10 that's for sure, I've done it year after year, but it simply has stopped with WE9.

Back
Top Bottom