WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Thread

very good ACE top notch work,lots of skills has been upgraded:)

Nice to see the 2 time world player of the year get a boost he deserves...

Body balance going down is pretty strange...and his free kicks need to be mid 80's at least!!

Yess he's freekick is realy better then that.

Anyway im of to sleep,if i wake up gonna check live friendly match Japan vs. Ecuador 12:15 european time on eurosport
see how thy play and the latest lineup and change stats of the japanse players:) (i started playing nippon challenge now in WE9:JL)

Body Balance 92? FK 81?

I hope that is a joke... but Konami stats sucks sometimes, just look at Recoba's totall unreal stats... btw the Uruguayan was injured today... how weird lol

nicostorm said:
I dont usually post on this site, Im usually just looking around for new info and etc, but I have to say Im getting so frustrated at some of the negative feeback on this site.

Firstly Konami are releasing this game because of one reason, apart from to make money which goes without saying after all they are a business, but its because of public demand and interest. Every year on these boards within weeks of the game being released, people are already starting topic talking about what they want to see in the game next year. So its not just Konami tyring to 'squeeze every last penny out of us', they are trying to meet demand.

Secondly, for those saying, well it doesnt look much different, Konami have already said they cannot improve it much more on the PS2, the XBOX is a slighly different matter, so it will not improve visually until the Next Gen versions start. This only leaves game play tweaks really to consider. I agree that the lack of licenses is frustrating, but I would much rather have a playable game, than one with the correct names and kits.

Thirdly, if you have decided that you are not going to buy the game, then dont, but please dont feel the need to moan about it endlessly, post after post. If you really have no interest in the game, why keep coming back to the boards to moan about it. Just go and play on the current version boards, or better yet, go and enjoy a game of Winning Eleven 9, that way you dont get more worked up about the failings of the new release, and we dont have to hear about it.

Fourthly, what are you talking about. Some of the new animations look amazing, particularly the ones which feature players controlling or hitting the balls and funny and awkward heights. I think they will add hugely to the feel of the game, and make it seem much more life-like. and as for the 8 directions problem, I dont actually view it as a problem, I have never played a video football game that has worked as well as the WE series, ones that utilise the ability in any direction do not play aswell as WE. You can bet your bottom dollar that the programmers have looked at this issue, but are probably struggling to create an engine as playable as the current one, would people rather have an engine that was not as playable but had complete 360 degree control

There I've Vented

Whats funny is that i dont even think these overly 'negative' people realise who you are talking about....but u know what.. each to their own.. if they wanna be negative n bitter..n still buy the game.. so be it. Ill just skip all the views on this thread, and just read the news, and anything posted by thomasgoal ;)
No im not in love with you thomas.. but i just respect fact you give information.. and point out some of the new points and translations.
cheers,
steve

Who cares about stats the game comes with! Konami's policy towards this will be no different than any other year and that is to spend 99% of their time researching skills of the most popular players in world so their casual arcady fan boys can pick Real Madrid and Barca and be happy Raul has now got even higher stats in so and so and still have many mistakes in EVEN them such as Ronaldinho's obvious under-rated FK ability in last version of game and many other ones that I won't mention because that's not point of this thread, and no time in lower/lesser known teams/leagues making the majority of the database extremely unresearched and inaccurate!!.

All you have to do is look in ANY Team in game in Eredivisie or Ligue 1 or any league really and you'll be able to find 30 or so huge mistakes in there (many wrong foots even or skin colour lol or wrong haircolour even and positions/height.. let alone individual accurate attributes :lol:) and of course the smaller the club the more mistakes.

So here's how it'll work from Konami's point of view and you can be sure about this cuz this is how it is every year and I doubt any major changes in "Research team" has been done this year either. That like proper ML too probably is last thing to do on their list :lol:

They will do a CRAP job overall again and hand a lot of players they didn't bother researching just 60's and 70's because they're not famous or in media hype each day yet update stats for and increase the most obvious ones that are NOW very popular so it doesn't hurt their casual fan base!

These are examples like Messi and Franck Ribery! You can be sure these 2 will have higher stats than previous version but that's whats wrong about it.

Only these 2 and players as FAMOUS as these 2 will have gotten that while rest can be just as good but not in media hype so much and because still in lower team will be ignored and given the same crappy stats Konami always have.

As you can see this is absolutely ridiculous policy because Franck Ribery WAS in PES4 and he had crappy stats and unresearched because he was in Metz. :roll: Then he moved to Galatasaray and showed some of his promise yet still Konami didn't deem it important enough and gave him crap stats and even wrong height and info for this last version of game!! So now finally in 3rd version he's in.. he's now got much bigger name and MEDIA hype that Konami and casual fan looks for so he'll finally have updated (somewhat accurate) stats from Konami. While so many are now at the stage where he was when PES4 and WE9 and PES5 came out and have shown promise yet will be ignored yet again cuz not as popular and till they get move to bigger club and lot of media hype! Do you see what's wrong with this type of database researching Konami does? :lol:

So really stats the game comes with is not an area I and many others are interested in getting immediate news from right now :lol: because it'll be one of the poorest parts of the game as always with min attention paid to it. Rather I'm excited to hear about actual game news like gameplay improvement/new animations and ML structure and that sorta improvements cuz if those are good enough we can always try to make game better by fixing the database side of things as we do with Not-green pitches, not licensed teams and other imperfections cuz at the end of the day if the gameplay and that stuff is good, it'll be WORTH doing this!

My 2 cents.

Finally I wanted to say thanks to Super-man ThomasGoal and others who are doing their best to satisfy us hungy PES/WE fans with best news/info that can be dug up! :)

We really appreciate it guys.
Junka said:
There most of the time bullshit,Konami still doest do enouf reseach of individual player stats in real live,its alsow a real hard job for them i think,cus there are lots of players to set the stats to,Even with a great player like Ronaldinho they have wrong stats,if u see in WE9 he's free kick stats where awfull low,and in real live we al know he has a good shot in he's legs for a free kick.

So no worries u can always set the stats ur way,but u gotta be honest to ur self and set them straight,and not ur favorite players wil all 99:lol:

Last edited:

yeah PLF , same old crap one more time...

They just make a good soccer gameplay. That's it!
Everything else sux now big time. Stats , graphics , sounds , menus ... they probably don't give a f_ck...

Only ps3 will get them out of their misery ( i hope :P )

Couldn't agree more with what PLF just said!

Database is also a major part of the game, along with graphics and gameplay. So if one of them is done it poorly, it messes up the other parts of the game.

So this post by PLF above me is a MUST READ for everyone!! And if someone can get in touch with the Konami team, they should be alerted by that, 'cause the main thing that this game doesn't have to make it PERFECT is a good and well researched database.

Let's all start sending emails and letter! :lol: jk :)

Well, that's just my point of view...

Later

Focus must remain on the gameplay... stats/graphics come second.. a distant second i might add.

gameplay, gameplay, gameplay

profit90 said:
Focus must remain on the gameplay... stats/graphics come second.. a distant second i might add.

correct but if konami can't deliver with their first ps3 title of winning eleven they can go to hell

The example of Messi is ridiculous, he kickes ass in football. But apart of that comment, I agree with all the comments from PLF. But there is a lot of exceptions, like Marcelinho on Hertha, or Hleb before he arrives to Arsenal. The stats of these two guys rocked. And there is a lot of examples, I know pretty well the database and abilities of the players, and there is no exact rule on Konami's errors. Some players are under-rated and some others are over-rated.

You didn't understand the post above I'm afraid my friend, go back and read it carefully again, this time not so quickly so you don't misunderstand me. Nobody said Messi doesn't rock, I said the opposite, you either misunderstood me about Messi or didn't read whole thing before replying!

And yes I know the database pretty well myself.. I edit the whole damn thing many times already for each version to make it playable (lookin and carefully editing at each league/team to take away the 100 mistakes in each)! and while there is no general rule that applies all the time (because yes there is few over-rated players in smaller teams and there is some under-rated players in bigger teams) but what I said above there is totally true and will once again be demonstrated when new game comes out! And you see improved stats on Messi/Ribery (And rightly so) and some other popular ones and again 60's and 70's on some good players who aren't as famous until they move to bigger club or get more popular :lol:, of course this doesn't bother many people because they don't know those players either so they don't even notice the mistakes except fans of that league/club!
profit90 said:

That is the point of my long message above. The point is that if the gameplay is good like always it'll be worth fixing all its imperfections such as the database. The point was that Konami must focus on what they're good at and that is gameplay and there is no point being too eager to see pics of "Stats" or getting excited when a player has tweaked ones because it will be him and some more but the majority will still be very inaccurate. So we should just mainly or maybe I should say I will be mainly on the lookout and excited for news in animations, GAMeplay gameplay gameplay tweaks and things of that nature since thats most important thing which is why I said this at end of my post:

PLF said:
So really stats the game comes with is not an area I and many others are interested in getting immediate news from right now :lol: because it'll be one of the poorest parts of the game as always with min attention paid to it.

Rather I'm excited to hear about actual game news like gameplay improvement/new animations and ML structure and that sorta improvements cuz if those are good enough we can always try to make game better by fixing the database side of things as we do with Not-green pitches, not licensed teams and other imperfections cuz at the end of the day if the gameplay and that stuff is good, it'll be WORTH doing this!.

Last edited:

Anyone knows some detalid information for the new options in formations/tactics?

I'd be interested in knowing things like that too if there is anything new :)

well I think Rooney's stats oughta be 99,99,99,99,99,99,99....etc.......oh and all of the england players....99,99,99,99,99,99,99.....etc etc etc......looooooooool....come on Konami....you know England are goin to win the world cup!

I.m gonna be eating those above words come June....:( probably..:)

jonno33 said:
well I think Rooney's stats oughta be 99,99,99,99,99,99,99....etc.......oh and all of the england players....99,99,99,99,99,99,99.....etc etc etc......looooooooool....come on Konami....you know England are goin to win the world cup!

Unless they play with Portugal again... AH AH AH

mazanga said:
Who the hell is Franck Ribery? ;-)
I'll show you a pic but promise not to get scared okay?

Alright ready?

0202-12660747040221a1395fd_450_433_.jpg

Kidding of course, I don't think he looks that bad or scary at all but anyways let's get back on topic here now guys.

WTF? lol anyway lets wait for the game to come out... and having played it a few times then we can start to rip holes in it!

DJ

They're not trying to meet demand...Every year the same thing happens: one step forward, 1/2 step back... One option more, one option less...
Please, dont't talk about animations anymore: after one week of playing animations are "old". What matters is the global gameplay.

nicostorm said:
So its not just Konami tyring to 'squeeze every last penny out of us', they are trying to meet demand.

Di canio ROCKS!!! had passion, and had skill..and scored some awesome goals followed by some mean ass celebrations :) and im glad they have this type of volley in WE10 :) :)

I'm glad it's in too Aussie fan and agree about Di Canio (Legend) even though I dislike his personality.

Seabass1977 said:
It's not the same movement!

1 = karate
2 = soccer (Di canio sucks)

lol if thats his karate skills i reckon i could take him :lmao:

honestly though, worst....animation....ever

Back
Top Bottom