WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: Winning Eleven 10 - PS2 - Official Thread

I dont usually post on this site, Im usually just looking around for new info and etc, but I have to say Im getting so frustrated at some of the negative feeback on this site.

Firstly Konami are releasing this game because of one reason, apart from to make money which goes without saying after all they are a business, but its because of public demand and interest. Every year on these boards within weeks of the game being released, people are already starting topic talking about what they want to see in the game next year. So its not just Konami tyring to 'squeeze every last penny out of us', they are trying to meet demand.

Secondly, for those saying, well it doesnt look much different, Konami have already said they cannot improve it much more on the PS2, the XBOX is a slighly different matter, so it will not improve visually until the Next Gen versions start. This only leaves game play tweaks really to consider. I agree that the lack of licenses is frustrating, but I would much rather have a playable game, than one with the correct names and kits.

Thirdly, if you have decided that you are not going to buy the game, then dont, but please dont feel the need to moan about it endlessly, post after post. If you really have no interest in the game, why keep coming back to the boards to moan about it. Just go and play on the current version boards, or better yet, go and enjoy a game of Winning Eleven 9, that way you dont get more worked up about the failings of the new release, and we dont have to hear about it.

Fourthly, what are you talking about. Some of the new animations look amazing, particularly the ones which feature players controlling or hitting the balls and funny and awkward heights. I think they will add hugely to the feel of the game, and make it seem much more life-like. and as for the 8 directions problem, I dont actually view it as a problem, I have never played a video football game that has worked as well as the WE series, ones that utilise the ability in any direction do not play aswell as WE. You can bet your bottom dollar that the programmers have looked at this issue, but are probably struggling to create an engine as playable as the current one, would people rather have an engine that was not as playable but had complete 360 degree control

There I've Vented

jimis said:
Cant believe this! Presentation video shows same leagues as we9!!!
Portugal league were fine but Belgian league??? Turkish league??? Than i want the Greek league!!!!!Hey konami give me the Greek League!!!

come on :S just respect boy.. Greek league maybe in WE20

Don't forget Greece won the last European Cup !

WEtongelre said:
come on :S just respect boy.. Greek league maybe in WE20

First of all Greece is still European Chmpion!!!!

Sure in we20!!! very funny:eek: ! tell me what the turkish/portugal league has what the greek league is missing???? I can tell you nothing! both leagues are not balanced and every year the championship gos to one of the big 3!
But its ok more leagues more fun!!!! But you can be sure wich league will be patched by me with greek league:lol: :lmao: :lol:

But now back to topic!!!!

jimis said:
First of all Greece is still European Chmpion!!!!

Sure in we20!!! very funny:eek: ! tell me what the turkish/portugal league has what the greek league is missing???? I can tell you nothing! both leagues are not balanced and every year the championship gos to one of the big 3!
But its ok more leagues more fun!!!! But you can be sure wich league will be patched by me with greek league:lol: :lmao: :lol:

But now back to topic!!!!

Sure it will be nice with more leagues.. But as the Greek league will in, than must the Scotisch in too... etc... but sure it will nice with more and more leagues

Last edited:

JU! said:
His dribble speed seems to be 99 which i think is different Some info seems to be obscured by the "big random selection match". I think free kick stats are on the next page when you press R1. Nothin about Free kicks on there as far as i can read. Something in Kanji i cannot read is 99 also i don't remember Ronaldinho having many if any 99's in WE9. Technique is 98 as well. Hope that helps mate.

:) Very good m8 thankz a lot for al transaltion and others":)
Im realy happy that Portugees and turkish,belgium league could be in WE10:)(cus its still a rumour right?)

jimis said:
Cant believe this! Presentation video shows same leagues as we9!!!
Portugal league were fine but Belgian league??? Turkish league??? Than i want the Greek league!!!!!Hey konami give me the Greek League!!!

I´m portuguese mate and I´m glad as you say that Portuguese league it´s ok :)

To be honest I can tell you we don´t have such a good league. we have 6 or 7 good teams but if Eredivise is in the game, Portuguese league deserves it too :)

Anyway it was good to play with Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Braga, Boavista, Nacional, good teams

Last edited by a moderator:

Offence
Defence
Body Balance
Stamina
Top Speed
Acceleration
Response
Agility
Drible Accuracy
Drible Speed
Short Pass Accuracy
Short Pass Speed
Long Pass Accuracy
Long Pass Speed
Shoot Accuracy
Shoot Power
Shoot Technique
Free Kick
Curve
Header
Jump
Technique

im quite optimistic about WE10 some animations look decent but...

did anybody know Joe Cole had a black belt in karate? see vid 03:47

daysleeper44 said:
im quite optimistic about WE10 some animations look decent but...

did anybody know Joe Cole had a black belt in karate? see vid 03:47

i thought i saw JET LI

06032720371847311.gif

sbestgoalbyobbe2du.gif

it's the same movement...\\:o/

nicostorm said:
I dont usually post on this site, Im usually just looking around for new info and etc, but I have to say Im getting so frustrated at some of the negative feeback on this site.

Firstly Konami are releasing this game because of one reason, apart from to make money which goes without saying after all they are a business, but its because of public demand and interest. Every year on these boards within weeks of the game being released, people are already starting topic talking about what they want to see in the game next year. So its not just Konami tyring to 'squeeze every last penny out of us', they are trying to meet demand.

Secondly, for those saying, well it doesnt look much different, Konami have already said they cannot improve it much more on the PS2, the XBOX is a slighly different matter, so it will not improve visually until the Next Gen versions start. This only leaves game play tweaks really to consider. I agree that the lack of licenses is frustrating, but I would much rather have a playable game, than one with the correct names and kits.

Thirdly, if you have decided that you are not going to buy the game, then dont, but please dont feel the need to moan about it endlessly, post after post. If you really have no interest in the game, why keep coming back to the boards to moan about it. Just go and play on the current version boards, or better yet, go and enjoy a game of Winning Eleven 9, that way you dont get more worked up about the failings of the new release, and we dont have to hear about it.

Fourthly, what are you talking about. Some of the new animations look amazing, particularly the ones which feature players controlling or hitting the balls and funny and awkward heights. I think they will add hugely to the feel of the game, and make it seem much more life-like. and as for the 8 directions problem, I dont actually view it as a problem, I have never played a video football game that has worked as well as the WE series, ones that utilise the ability in any direction do not play aswell as WE. You can bet your bottom dollar that the programmers have looked at this issue, but are probably struggling to create an engine as playable as the current one, would people rather have an engine that was not as playable but had complete 360 degree control

There I've Vented

Have to agree with you about the negative comments, there's alot being posted just based on a couple of short videos.

However i have to completely disagree with your first point. The reason there are so many "what i want in the next game" topics is basicly because nokami are not delivering something that is easily done, namely a decent ML, more gamemodes and more teams (whether licensed or not is not important with the great editors/patchers here, hell i can do a good job on my own aswell). They state game after game about ML improvements ( the pes5 press release stated a massive ML improvement, what did we get = a more elaborate developmentsheet) which is bollocks. They state that they have reached the datalimit for the ps2(and im not talking graphics) for teams ( seabass had the nerve to say they have to swap teams because of it). Yet fifa ( although a crap game) can have 1000+ teams or something and actually uses the 4,7gb of data space whereas WE uses 1,8gb and pes (with languages) uses 2,2gb. I posted a topic just before or after the pes5 release showing what utter crap, sorry pressstatements, they release which is bordering on blatent misinformation. Thats why we always have these topics after release of the game as they just dont sort something ( which most if not all of us) thinks is a pretty simple matter to adress.

There are quite a few of us in here that would settle for pretty much the same game as the last version with just more teams, decent ML and gamemodes. The gameplay, for all its faults, is still the best out there and it remains a great game. Pretty much the only one i play for the whole year before the next version is out. However, like your frustration with the negative posts, alot of us have the same feeling towards the lack of development within the gamemodes. Did anybody really want those animal heads? And now they are stating that the option to turn off growth in the ML is something new?! We had that in version 3? or 2?. Thats not development or improvement. They continue to piss about with options by putting them in and taking them out and now putting them back in and we should see that as a development? Yet the ML has continued to be the same rubbish for 3/4? years with not a decent improvement in that whole time. I mean you cant even replicate a real CL because you cant have home/away games in the group stages of the nokamicup.

How simple are these things? yet they come up with some "fluff" as improvement?

Well now i vented ;)

nicostorm said:
and as for the 8 directions problem, I DON'T ACTUALLY VIEW IT AS A PROBLEM, I have never played a video football game that has worked as well as the WE series, ones that utilise the ability in any direction do not play aswell as WE. You can bet your bottom dollar that the programmers have looked at this issue, but are probably struggling to create an engine as playable as the current one, would people rather have an engine that was not as playable but had complete 360 degree control

They better come up with an engine that provides 360 control instead of 8 direction control asap because it is a big problem and totally unrealistic.

Last edited:

the thing i hate is after u made a shot on goal....then u get a realy silly vieuw on the replay.....they should put the camera vieuw from behind the goal to see the shot....that would be a lot better.

SXFuzz said:
No. It's not.

lol not by far it aint. It just shows how stiff and robotic that particular we10 animation looks compared to the movement of a real life player.

But i still love WE and am really looking forward to the game and will most certainly buy it right away when it's available ;-)

It looks a bit like a 3 year old girl trying to do it on Ice in WE compared to reality.

Hopefully it only looks that dodgy there because the defender is close and the upper body animation is in "contact" mode. Otherwise it could look a bit dosgy all the time and might make impressive goals actually look a bit shit. :(

Junka said:
the thing i hate is after u made a shot on goal....then u get a realy silly vieuw on the replay.....they should put the camera view from behind the goal to see the shot....that would be a lot better.

I agree they should make replays which allow us to see the action in a better way than when we are in game, which is not the case currently. In my opinion, they should also enable us to choose by pressing a button just after the shoot whether we want to see or don't see the replay because most of people skip it : it is a loss of time and it is boring in the end. Tell me what you think about it.

im so excited about this...i think all the editors from the past should work on creating the ultimate patch considering this is the last psx2 version

bluemonkeymagic said:
im so excited about this...i think all the editors from the past should work on creating the ultimate patch considering this is the last psx2 version

HMMMM this is a fine idea my friend! i think we can't handle this, here are a lot of people hwo dont work together but the one against the other! everyone wants fame for his Patch so it isn't easy! but there are also patcher who dont need the Fame so....... no one knows! if konami let everything same as in we 9 you will have very quik a nice Patch! for a ultimate Killer Patch it will take sure some Time! Please Konami dont touch the Kitencryption otherwise we are very:spid: #-o ](*,) :cry:

No way! Di Canio does a change feet in Mid Air! Joe Cole Doesnt....

DJ

Junka said:
the thing i hate is after u made a shot on goal....then u get a realy silly vieuw on the replay.....they should put the camera vieuw from behind the goal to see the shot....that would be a lot better.

Remember pes4... those were the worst cameraviews on replays ever!!

tiktiktiktik said:
Have to agree with you about the negative comments, there's alot being posted just based on a couple of short videos.

However i have to completely disagree with your first point. The reason there are so many "what i want in the next game" topics is basicly because nokami are not delivering something that is easily done, namely a decent ML, more gamemodes and more teams (whether licensed or not is not important with the great editors/patchers here, hell i can do a good job on my own aswell). They state game after game about ML improvements ( the pes5 press release stated a massive ML improvement, what did we get = a more elaborate developmentsheet) which is bollocks. They state that they have reached the datalimit for the ps2(and im not talking graphics) for teams ( seabass had the nerve to say they have to swap teams because of it). Yet fifa ( although a crap game) can have 1000+ teams or something and actually uses the 4,7gb of data space whereas WE uses 1,8gb and pes (with languages) uses 2,2gb. I posted a topic just before or after the pes5 release showing what utter crap, sorry pressstatements, they release which is bordering on blatent misinformation. Thats why we always have these topics after release of the game as they just dont sort something ( which most if not all of us) thinks is a pretty simple matter to adress.

There are quite a few of us in here that would settle for pretty much the same game as the last version with just more teams, decent ML and gamemodes. The gameplay, for all its faults, is still the best out there and it remains a great game. Pretty much the only one i play for the whole year before the next version is out. However, like your frustration with the negative posts, alot of us have the same feeling towards the lack of development within the gamemodes. Did anybody really want those animal heads? And now they are stating that the option to turn off growth in the ML is something new?! We had that in version 3? or 2?. Thats not development or improvement. They continue to piss about with options by putting them in and taking them out and now putting them back in and we should see that as a development? Yet the ML has continued to be the same rubbish for 3/4? years with not a decent improvement in that whole time. I mean you cant even replicate a real CL because you cant have home/away games in the group stages of the nokamicup.

How simple are these things? yet they come up with some "fluff" as improvement?

Well now i vented ;)

Agreed.

ML is bollocks.

The "improvements" to ML they make each year are the wrong improvements. They are painting the ceilings before they've even laid proper foundations.

The ML is choc-a-block with details that I never bother looking at because they are not what I want from an action game, yet it still fails to deliver the fundamental requirement of league and cup structures which replicate real life.

And you are perfectly correct in pointing out that this game has a history of features being mysteriously removed, only for them to reappear in subsequent releases, hailed as new features!! Who can forget when they had the audacity to remove striped and hooped kit templates, then reinstated them the following year? Sorry, Nokami, but you can get to fup with that sort of tactic.

For the people who asked about ronnie gaucho's stats...

The first number will be his WE9 stats, the second is WE10

Offense 93 95
Defense 43 43
Body Balance 84 82
Stamina 84 84
Top speed 87 83 (???????????)
Accel 87 92
response 78 81
agility 93 99
dribble acc 97 99
dribble speed 91 95 or higher
short pass acc 90 92
short pass speed 84 88
long pass acc 86 91
long pass speed 86 86
shot acc 82 84
shot power 84 84
shot tech 87 89
free kick 77 81 (????????)
curve 83 85
heading 76 76
jumping 79 81
technique 97 98

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE STAT UPDATES!!!

Good stats, because Ronaldinho don't have a big top speed, but acceleration and dribble acc is great now, i hope not always injured...

Back
Top Bottom