V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

It is fair to say that my decision to force slide tackles to simulate any kind of physical football in FIFA has always divided opinion of my gameplay mods ever since I started using it in FIFA 17. If Jaycensolo were here, he would explain why he preferred it on over off more than I can (he played the mod each year much more than I ever could).

The problem is that without it, the AI is pathetic at defending, unless you turn on EA cheat defending difficulty levels. This introduces the problem shown by Chris, where they always intercept and the ball attaches to them OR they know your exact movements, making 1v1s annoying. So you end up just tika-taka passing around yourself.

So EA has always had an objective called "BreakLeg". Which is what EA decided to bump up in FIFA 22 (a game I didnt play or mod but laughed when I saw "fouling" introduced to it). They turned this back down/off in late FIFA 22 cycle and its back to nothing in FIFA 23. KILL_EVERYONE=1 adds another "force" for the AI to use this objective. I experimented not using this, its just crap. You get 1 or 2 fouls per game, unless you draw the foul out of the AI, it'll never happen.

I am experimenting to see if I remove these objectives, do we still get other fouls/tackles even with KILL_EVERYONE=1. So far, the answer is yes. Problem is EA introduced even more objectives that almost do the same thing.

The problem I have is many of you tweak sliders, referee strictness etc.

Lowering speed slider or using Slow Game Speed. Adds this illusion to the AI that it can slide tackle and win the ball AND the "breakleg" objective uses speed to determine when to use it. So by doing this, you will get different results to me. This is why I always recommend default sliders, default speed, default refs, default everything. I can't test for every scenario. I barely have the time to play the game myself :D

Referee Strictness was introduced in FIFA 23. Something I can control but haven't changed in Version 1 (A13). If you are running it at anything above Lenient, you will get red cards.

@Anth James that sliding tackle probability EBX setting doesn't do anything

Hi Paul. So are you saying you are tweaking everything on default sliders? I.e. are we meant to play it on default sliders? Cheers bud

I'm fairly sure the answer to this is "no", but... I've got to ask on the off-chance!

Is there anything that can be done within your wonderful gameplay mod @paulv2k4 about the AI randomly performing leg-breaking tackles from behind with zero chance of getting the ball? It's one of the stupidest things EA ever introduced:

CkQjfdr.jpg

Or, more importantly, the "ball is made of metal and boots made of magnets" ball physics:

The above is something they implemented to stop complaints about interceptors not coming away with the ball. They just disable ball physics in this moment as the eSports guys demand "reward-based gameplay". Or as I'd say, the big-time dumbing-down of gameplay.

I'm wondering if, seeing as EA regularly tweak this (making it even easier to stop a 100mph ball dead each time), there's a single value somewhere attributed to this.

That is the most annoying thing with pass interception. It's like pass error to them because placing a lazer guided missile/ball to the opponents feet and the opponent have electromagnetic force to intercept the ball. It's so unnatural and it's one of the most annoying thing to witness. Pass error should be more random.

Edit: Would have been nice to have a tackle error rate based on attribute so that bad tackler commit more foul with hard tackles. But sadly i couldn't find something that has an impact.

@paulv2k4

Hi mate, I just had Rashford transfered to Lazio in my Career Mode (granted, not yet using your Career Mod until I sell my players 1st transfer window), but this got me angry and made me wonder: is there a way in which we can change transfer frequency?

This is one of the things I really, really liked in PES 2021, you could set transfer frequency to Very High, High, Regular, Low, Very Low and it would really help with the realism of the save to manage to play the teams as you see them on the TV every weekend. I'd really be happier if all teams could be limited to 1, max 2 new transfers per season.

Cheers! :)

P.S. I realise your CM mod makes transfers more realistic, but from what I gather it doesn't touch upon their frequency.

@

paulv2k4

V Gameplay Mod - v1 - Untested ,, when u run to import says that? yur gameplay dont support with fifa mod manager???

Attachments

• dassdsadasd.png
    dassdsadasd.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 36
I have the last version that's why I asked with the last version don't work as you see foto

You don't understand, you're trying to use a Fifa Editor Tool mod in Fifa Mod Manager, they're not compatible. Paul's mods work with his own editor/mod manager only, that's why I linked you to Paul's thread as you're not using it.

Hey guys.

I have done a re-release of the *.fifamod version of the Gameplay mod. As stated in my now edited first post. I dont expect it to work properly and I dont even test it other than loading it up once via FMM, so I dont expect any feedback. Just explored exporting to *.fifamod for nerdy fun.

Anyway link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lfdc...Mod_-_v1_-_Re-Release_-_Untested.fifamod/file

I have started on Version 2. Its quite hard to make the game any better than it is right now with Version 1. Mostly working on trying to fix fouling / carding, more crosses and a bigger gap between top and bottom teams.

Hey guys.

I have done a re-release of the *.fifamod version of the Gameplay mod. As stated in my now edited first post. I dont expect it to work properly and I dont even test it other than loading it up once via FMM, so I dont expect any feedback. Just explored exporting to *.fifamod for nerdy fun.

Anyway link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lfdc...Mod_-_v1_-_Re-Release_-_Untested.fifamod/file

I have started on Version 2. Its quite hard to make the game any better than it is right now with Version 1. Mostly working on trying to fix fouling / carding, more crosses and a bigger gap between top and bottom teams.
whats the different of the gameplay mods with *.fmod and *.fifamod?

I remember there being a min/max value for pass speed (or possibly a curve) in previous years that could be changed - is that still the case, or is it overruled by the new gameplay model now?

Just wondering if it's possible to stop some of the absolutely insane pass speeds at the top end of that scale (from the AI more than anything) where a ground pass will travel from box to box within one second. They've dumbed down this stuff so much.

Same applies to the crazy header physics (same crazy distances) but I'm asking/looking for miracles here...

I remember there being a min/max value for pass speed (or possibly a curve) in previous years that could be changed - is that still the case, or is it overruled by the new gameplay model now?

Just wondering if it's possible to stop some of the absolutely insane pass speeds at the top end of that scale (from the AI more than anything) where a ground pass will travel from box to box within one second. They've dumbed down this stuff so much.

Same applies to the crazy header physics (same crazy distances) but I'm asking/looking for miracles here...
Yeah the min/max pass speeds are still there. I tried slowing them down and it has an impact. There were also some additional values on 20 regarding the acceleration out of the foot etc, I'll have to check if those are also there.

You can slow everything down via kickpass and physics EBX. Just depends on taste on how much. The AI gets a bit stupid when the ball is slow though.

Also. I hope, if you are using my mod, you keep live tuning updates off and deleted. EA pumped the values quite high in TU2. I brought them back to slightly slower than TU1 and very alike my Fifa 21 mod.

Hey guys.

Anyway link:

thank you paul for this version for the fifamod support you are the best

You can slow everything down via kickpass and physics EBX. Just depends on taste on how much. The AI gets a bit stupid when the ball is slow though.

Also. I hope, if you are using my mod, you keep live tuning updates off and deleted. EA pumped the values quite high in TU2. I brought them back to slightly slower than TU1 and very alike my Fifa 21 mod.
Thank you Paul, I was gutted I'd have to choose between your gameplay and all the cosmetic mods but now that's no longer a concern. Tested the FMOD version last night and had so much fun, before I was bored playing against the passive, brained AI on Legendary. Now they're aggressive & enthusiastic & keep me guessing with their attacks & chance creation.

I did have to play on slow as even though its often reccomonded to play on default, it just felt like everything sped up & was just too fast.

Regarding turning off TU, How do we do this, is it not enough to simply disavle automatic game updates on Origin & block the game in my firewall?

Regarding turning off TU, How do we do this, is it not enough to simply disavle automatic game updates on Origin & block the game in my firewall?
I echo this @paulv2k4 - how can we be certain that no "live tuning updates" have been downloaded and are impacting gameplay? Is there a way to clean them out?

Also, will today's World Cup update stop the mods from working, do you know?

I echo this @paulv2k4 - how can we be certain that no "live tuning updates" have been downloaded and are impacting gameplay? Is there a way to clean them out?

Also, will today's World Cup update stop the mods from working, do you know?
I do. So an update has been applied.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/frostbite-modding-tool-open-source.92227/post-3893296

Live Tuning updates sit in an AppData folder AppData\Local\Temp\FIFA 23\ . FMT deletes them (i dont know what FET does? the same I'd guess?) before starting but you must be offline and blocked with a firewall so it doesn't download and apply it again.

WC Update. Why not update the GP mod as well :)

Latest GP V2A2. No Kill Everyone (no stupid AI fouls) testing. Still got fouls. Pacing seems nice. Goals in the Lower Leagues are funny and somewhat realistic.

View attachment 186668

Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dcxmvqxepb3hwab/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v2a2.fbmod/file

Early feedback having switched from v0.13 straight to v2a1 and v2a2

Personally, I find v0.13 to be better for two reasons:

1) I feel v2 has taken the bouncy-ness of the ball and the first touch control nerf a bit too far for my own personal taste - while I agree it could have been increased, the ball is now bouncing all over the place, out of every shin, foot etc. and it creates a bit too much chaos, it just feels a bit too unstable.

2) I feel the finesse shot nerf went too far, especially when playing with 2-3 star team players. Now whenever I try to finesse even from inside the box into the corner of the goal it seems like the button doesn't even work and I end up with a powerful shot somewhat centrally.

I am not sure what else you changed from v0.13 to 1, to 2a2, it would be great to know, because I may be missing out on some vast improvements, notwithstanding the above-mentioned issues.

Finally and just to be clear @paulv2k4 : these are MY thoughts, the way I personally like the game to run, it may not be the same for everyone else and I certainly don't mean to crap on your work. Quite to the contrary, I am insanely grateful and just wanted to give some constructive criticism, afterwards of course it's your mod and you take it where you want to :)

One final thing, since I think you may have missed it: for the Career mod - is it possible to adjust transfer frequency? Whilst the mod makes transfers more realistic, I would be all in favour of vastly decreasing the frequency of transfers, such that even in season 2 or 3, if you end up playing vs Man Utd in the Prem, you still face the same players you know and expect from real life - again, just a personal preference, but it sucks to go 1 season in Career mode and all of a sudden teams are all vastly shuffled. Could this be done?

Many thanks, mate!!

Early feedback having switched from v0.13 straight to v2a1 and v2a2

Personally, I find v0.13 to be better for two reasons:

1) I feel v2 has taken the bouncy-ness of the ball and the first touch control nerf a bit too far for my own personal taste - while I agree it could have been increased, the ball is now bouncing all over the place, out of every shin, foot etc. and it creates a bit too much chaos, it just feels a bit too unstable.

2) I feel the finesse shot nerf went too far, especially when playing with 2-3 star team players. Now whenever I try to finesse even from inside the box into the corner of the goal it seems like the button doesn't even work and I end up with a powerful shot somewhat centrally.

I am not sure what else you changed from v0.13 to 1, to 2a2, it would be great to know, because I may be missing out on some vast improvements, notwithstanding the above-mentioned issues.

Finally and just to be clear @paulv2k4 : these are MY thoughts, the way I personally like the game to run, it may not be the same for everyone else and I certainly don't mean to crap on your work. Quite to the contrary, I am insanely grateful and just wanted to give some constructive criticism, afterwards of course it's your mod and you take it where you want to :)

One final thing, since I think you may have missed it: for the Career mod - is it possible to adjust transfer frequency? Whilst the mod makes transfers more realistic, I would be all in favour of vastly decreasing the frequency of transfers, such that even in season 2 or 3, if you end up playing vs Man Utd in the Prem, you still face the same players you know and expect from real life - again, just a personal preference, but it sucks to go 1 season in Career mode and all of a sudden teams are all vastly shuffled. Could this be done?

Many thanks, mate!!
0.13 is also my favorite

Hey guys.

Anyway link:

paul i am playing this gameplay and want to say very nice really like it also i want to ask you the sliders have to be default ? also i see you had new version v2 v2a2 is it possible to have it o fifamod version? i want to try also this one i see good comments

Back
Top Bottom