Uefa Europa League 2013/2014

Congrats to Sevilla, for putting us out of our misery ;)

Also, keepers should just rush the kicker now. Beto must have been 5 yards off his line on the first save, and there are TWO officials on the line.

Has the rule changed or something?

Also, keepers should just rush the kicker now. Beto must have been 5 yards off his line on the first save, and there are TWO officials on the line.

It´s UEFA! :RANT:

Congrats to Felix Brych. Great game, you fucking piece of shit! Two penalties (with a red card in one of them). Plus on PK's, Beto was 3 steps of the line every time. Great referring.

Surprised they didn't make them retake the first pen Beto saves. He was halfway to his 6 yard box line before the pen was taken.

However, I have some sympathy with GKs, the stuttering, stop-start run ups need banning. It amounts to what Beto did.

Well, isn't there a rule that players should not stop when they start their run to take a penalty? I mean, if players are allowed to stretch the rules, why wouldn't keepers be too? This is coming from me as a neutral in this match and also as a goalkeeper.

Congratulations Sevilla!

Yeah, Beto did rush out :LOL: ,but I wonder does the ball have to be on the spot kick paint or just?

Benfica played better in the 2nd half;
The referee didn´t saw 3 penalties and 2 red cards;
We failed loads of shots :SHOCK:

Benfica lost because they weren't able to score, but they had chances in abundance. That's just poor. They also missed so many penalties that it's actually fair that they lost.

Somehow someway I'm starting to believe in that silly curse. Eight finals. Eight. Unbelievable.

It's a trick of the mind. If they players believe it or fears it, then it's indeed a bonafide curse. Doesn't matter if there are spirits or magic involved, the human mind is complex enough to fuck itself.

Last edited:
Look at those 2 twats (Platini and Infantino)

Platini is the mafia of uefa soccer.
Only likes spanish teams and the national team.

Who is the winner of the World Cup...

So easy...

Spain again... :PUKE:

Benfica was able today score a easy goal in 90 minutes like a easy flash, but continues to say... no to the final.
Sevilha a great team? Won all the matches like worms moving all over the garden.
Estoril Praia, lose a easy #hit match at home and make a easy draw in spain.

Last edited:
Well, isn't there a rule that players should not stop when they start their run to take a penalty? I mean, if players are allowed to stretch the rules, why wouldn't keepers be too? This is coming from me as a neutral in this match and also as a goalkeeper.

The rules are pretty clear. PK takers cannot “fake” to take the penalty or put the foot above the ball. They can stop if they don't do the shooting motion.

As for Keepers, they can move on the line as much as they want and they are allowed to take a step just before the kicker hits the ball.

That is just bad referring. Period. The side judge sole responsibilities are to see if the ball goes over the line and pay attention to the GK steps. That's it! How they manage to miss that is beyond me.

I would mind losing to Sevila, but given the abysmal performance of the ref it leaves you with a sore taste in your mouth. This is a European final, the minimum you can ask is for the ref to be the quality of the performances on the pitch, and today Brych proved that either he has sight problems, was bought or does not have quality to have been there. Simple as that!

10378954_645949552151353_6095283168630033655_n.jpg

I didn't saw the first half penalty but the second half one is not so clear at all. Very difficult decision for the ref. It's very acceptable not giving the penalty...

I wouldn't have given any of these pens. I though Brych called this match straight down the middle, very few mistakes. The Beto-thing in the shoot-out was his only major blunder. Repeating that pen would have been the right decision.
That is my honest opinion. There was nothing fishy about this game. Kinda shocked to see all this conspiracy-nonsense popping up time and time again after perfectly normal games like this.

Last edited:
Oh, come on. Not this again. You lost, accept it and move on. You might have been the better side, but you didn't capitalize on it (and that's what matters the most).

I feel bad for Jesus, after all the work he put on this team he's going to be remembered for his shortcoming rather than his success, which is really unfair.

No conspiracy. But major mistakes. For me there were two clear cut penalties. If you don't hit the ball, hit the player and prevent him to go foward isn't that what a penalty is? You need to make a two footed tackle to be awarded a penalty?

Was an even match, we had more chances, but Sevila was always in the game, and I wouldn't have any problems with the loss if the refering wasn't sub-par.

I think Platini is an awful head of UEFA, a totally inappropriate choice, and a pretty poor human being, but I don't think you can blame the result on him. The officials were very poor regarding Beto trying to save penalties from almost the edge of his box, but I don't think you can blame Platini for this.

I don't get it. why would they want sevilla to win and not benfica? I mean it's sevilla ffs (and their prez is in jail). you guys are talking like they are one of those spanish powerhouses, real and barça. plus I don't think anybody really cares about the cup2 final except the finalists and their fans.

@Kanoute this was just the top of the mountain!
Every portuguese team in Europe already know that the Referees will be against them.
Platini is just the head of UEFA,that's why he is used as the face of corruption :)

If only one of Fejsa, Enzo Perez, Salvio or Markovich could've played yesterday we would've won.

Also if Jesus didn't let André Gomes think he's Zidane for 120m it could've helped.

- Losing 2 finals in a row feeling we were the better team
- Not being able to compete in the final with our best players
- Sulejmani getting injured early in the game
- Possible penalties not awarded
- So many wasted chances upfront
- Beto saving the penalty way out of his line

Too many little things that ad up to a loss.

I'm just so, so sad... :(

I agree that the referee made some big mistakes, but Benfica really should've won it in 90 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom