UEFA Euro Men 2024

I will cheer and cross my fingers for Italy the most.
But don't know who will win the trophy.

Whats your choice for the in one week beginning tournament?

I was thinking about making a Euro thread myself. Glad we have one!
In the other thread I said England, France or Germany to win.

Germany spanked Scotland. It was one way traffic.

And i thought we would loose our 4th Starting Game on WC/Euro. But these Young Guns are awesome. Musiala is ridiculous with his Dribblings. Good Start for the Home Team. This is a good Team but they have no Experience in those great Tournaments. Time to collect this Experiences....

MfG ZeRoberta

Well that was an embarrassment. Wasn't expecting a result but I would have thought we would at least aim for competitiveness. Porteous is a disgrace for that tackle as well.
I think you were always going to struggle to be competitive against Germany. At 2-0 I thought the flood gates would open. It could have been a worse result for you after you went to 10 men. I think 5-1 flattered Scotland. They could have got more in my opinion. You’ve got to beat Switzerland because Hungary are going to be the surprise team of the tournament and I’d expect them to beat Scotland.
Anyway good luck, there’s still opportunity to qualify.

I think you were always going to struggle to be competitive against Germany. At 2-0 I thought the flood gates would open. It could have been a worse result for you after you went to 10 men. I think 5-1 flattered Scotland. They could have got more in my opinion. You’ve got to beat Switzerland because Hungary are going to be the surprise team of the tournament and I’d expect them to beat Scotland.
Anyway good luck, there’s still opportunity to qualify.
Yeah, it could have been much worse.

I think we have enough to beat Switzerland and Hungary, but only if we somehow get back to how we played in the qualifiers. Unfortunately to that's much easier said than done and we are on an absolutely stinking run of form just now.

Injuries to Ferguson, Hickey, Patterson and Dykes have severely hampered us but that's no excuse.

The only consolation for me is that Germany will do very well and quite possibly win the tournament.

Yeah, it could have been much worse.

I think we have enough to beat Switzerland and Hungary, but only if we somehow get back to how we played in the qualifiers. Unfortunately to that's much easier said than done and we are on an absolutely stinking run of form just now.

Injuries to Ferguson, Hickey, Patterson and Dykes have severely hampered us but that's no excuse.

The only consolation for me is that Germany will do very well and quite possibly win the tournament.
Yeah Germany with Musiala and Wirtz is a major threat to any team.

Hungary went undefeated for 14 games until they lost a nothing friendly match, so I’m not sure Scotland do have enough to beat them. Hungary are going to surprise a lot of people this tournament. As I always say though, this is football and anything can happen.

I was a bit suprised about, how easy the scotts made it for the germans to make a goal.

But I'm seroius, I didn't watch a match from scotland at the qualifinig games only heard they beat spain at home 2:0.

The result could also a bit higher for germany and scotland should not have complained.

Any team but England.
Thats my bet (hope)
Germany looking sharp right now
Why not england, mate? :D because of "No Cup for Kane"? :BOP:
In German TV they had england of one of the favorites teams ...

Wasn't a surprising results for the opener. Scotland were literally capitulated before the kick-off really started.
Could have been a higher scoreline if the Scots made a couple of mistakes. Scotland might end up surpassing Brazil's humiliation in 2014 World Cup (also against Germany).

Always hyped up, and not a fan of English football either.
My money is on Germany/france
Hi Rocko, England are always hyped up. They will fail again. The only thing coming home, will be a defeated England team. When it comes to the crunch matches they will bottle it. I have lived through far too many disappointments, to think otherwise.
France or Germany for me too, to win it.

Hi Rocko, England are always hyped up. They will fail again. The only thing coming home, will be a defeated England team. When it comes to the crunch matches they will bottle it. I have lived through far too many disappointments, to think otherwise.
France or Germany for me too, to win it.
They fell on the finishing line the last time, who knows?
Still, my dislike is more the hype thing i think.
Looking fw to a fun championship though

I think Scotland was on his knees from the first 10 minutes. Was overall vastly inferior to a Germany that has a solid positioned team, great technique, precise scorers, and experienced subs. Musiala is very talented and pushed Germany a lot to create opportunities, plus they converted them into goals. In the midfield and defense they can also maintain a very solid possession. I think it's one of the favorites to win this UEFA EURO 2024.

Just some reflections in the cold light of day....

Germany were excellent and were always going to be hard to beat in the opening game of their own tournament. It just massively frustrating as a Scotland fan that we didn't even look like we remotely believed we had a chance. Prior to last night we had won 15 out of the last 21 competitive games, and despite losing to the likes of France, Spain, England & Netherlands we actually played some good stuff in those games and looked competitive. But last night everything was just wrong - our tactics gave Germany so much room down the flanks and Gundogan so much space to play in between our midfield and defence. Gilmour should have started ahead of Christie as he can at least play a forward pass and may have proven to be less wasteful with what little ball we had.

I know we're missing Ferguson who was one of the top players in Serie A last year, as well as our first & second choice right backs and Dykes but we shouldn't be getting pumped 5-1 in the opening game of a major tournament. Unbelievably we still have a chance to progress, but Clarke really needs to learn from that last night. Given he's a Kilmarnock man, that's already a black mark against his name but if we get pumped in the next two games it'll be really hard to see where he goes from here. We need to have a much better performance and a win against Switzerland to salvage anything.

At least the German players and fans come across as a good bunch of lads.

They fell on the finishing line the last time, who knows?
Still, my dislike is more the hype thing i think.
Looking fw to a fun championship though
That was at Wembley though. This will be different. In the latter stages, when we meet the in form teams we will struggle. Southgate when up against it, will not be able to change the tide. I may sound pessimistic but history dictates.

That was at Wembley though. This will be different. In the latter stages, when we meet the in form teams we will struggle. Southgate when up against it, will not be able to change the tide. I may sound pessimistic but history dictates.
Think youre spot on, will be a great tournament still.
Not to pumped for switzerland hungary today so im skipping that one

Guess I was wrong about Hungary doing well. Not a good start!

So Spain will be expected to win against Croatia but does anyone see Croatia causing an upset?

Nice for Scotland that theyre not the shittiest team in that group, Hungary was extremely bad, nice game by Switzerland though

Not a bad start for Spain and Italy. The Croatia team were completely in transitional period. They were outplayed during that game. Italy showed a quick response with a resilient defence after being trailed by the stunning Albanian goal in just a few seconds after the kick-off, which was the fastest ever goal scored in the European Championship history.
The only downside about yesterday's game was Hungary. I predicted them to be the dark horse of this tournament, but after that disappointing results vs Switzerland, I expect them to struggle heavily. It could have been Turkey in Euro 2020 all over again.

@ryudek Your pick Spain were impressive. Convincing beating of Croatia who are no mugs.
:LMAO:I think the quality is there, the only problem being that some of their biggest talents are way too young and they could crumble against a more experienced opposition. It's not the same having Yamal and Williams to having Kroos and Müller.

Cucurella starting over Grimaldo ... absolutely ludicrous
Grimaldo is miles better as a player, but his best version is left wing back with three at the back. Sadly, Spain play with four, and Cucurella plays as a classic left back every week for Chelsea. That's the only way I could see De la Fuente justify his decision.

Back
Top Bottom