UEFA Euro 2008

Yeah its the only way to save top corner pens.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with FIFA lately, of seems though all of the little flaws in it are becoming more and more apparent. Roll on EURO 08...

Yeah its the only way to save top corner pens.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with FIFA lately, of seems though all of the little flaws in it are becoming more and more apparent. Roll on EURO 08...

you can only take a game so far, and i think i have took fifa as far as i can go

as it grates on me to

but it is still the best footy game out atm so i will continue with it

if euro 08 is as good, but slightly diff i will move to that no doubt

I hope they get rid of the option for the other player to close you down as soon as you roll out the ball to your CB. The striker is on you ass way too quick!

its annoying and I hate it when other players do it when playing online.

Last edited:
I hope they get rid of the option for the other player to close you down as soon as you roll out the ball to your CB. The striker is on you ass way too quick!

you can move your keeper to play the ball to other players

I know what you mean. Although this is something you see in real football it's not in the spirit of the game IMO.

It's as bad as those people who try and score straight from kick-off. :NONO:

I know what you mean. Although this is something you see in real football it's not in the spirit of the game IMO.

It's as bad as those people who try and score straight from kick-off. :NONO:
Yep, said in the chatbox before, I had this guy who did that and he'd got it down to a fine art. He forced a corner from kick-off, every time - the goalie would just tap it over the bar.

That needs to go, along with the finesse shots that go in from 30yds out and the goalkeeper just watches go in. I know it could happen once or twice but I had a guy who played as Carlisle before, he got it in the top corner from the same position three times and the goalkeeper just freezes and watches it go in. If you play your defenders further up you can help yourself but then you're open to the counter, and that's not the point IMO - it wouldn't happen in real life, especially not with Carlisle. 30yds+ out, top corner, keeper stands still, three times.

Cutbacks are one thing, in FIFA they're not too easy because usually a defender will pick up on it, if you keep them in position. But when you have to constantly press someone because you know they can score from 30yds as often as they like, THAT'S when it's beyond a joke. Wouldn't happen in real life (not three times a game from three different players with your goalkeeper watching each one go in, like he's on strike or something), so it shouldn't be in the game, end of story.

I've said before, I think the game is amazing, and without doubt the best football game I've ever played. I don't see many cheap goals, I don't play many exploit-kings, but when I do it just reminds you that it's not real life after all. The only cheap goals I see are when the goalkeeper goes mental and runs away, which isn't too often (but often enough), and these finesse goals that people have perfected.

DJ, I just said, I don't concede many cutbacks - so you can speak for yourself...!

I'm a lot better now than I was before but I still concede those finesse shots, and I still say you can't do anything about them. If you want to keep your defenders in position then you have to let them shoot, you can't tell your defenders to patrol the middle of the fucking pitch can you? And if you bring one out then you leave a gap. You can say "well that's realistic then isn't it", yes it is, but I DON'T WANT TO BRING THE DEFENDER OUT - I want the game to be realistic enough not to let someone score at will from 30yds out.

I just read the announcement from an official EA mod that the ps3 and rodbox demos will hit stores tomorrow

btw. am I the only one who doesnt like the league table in fifa08 because you never see the real table. you see always the status of all matches played but yours. I hope you understand what I mean

I just read the announcement from an official EA mod that the ps3 and rodbox demos will hit stores tomorrow

btw. am I the only one who doesnt like the league table in fifa08 because you never see the real table. you see always the status of all matches played but yours. I hope you understand what I mean

Confirmed kinda....

On the EA Fifa 08 forums.

This is a gripe that I haven't seen a lot of complaints about but really is a completely unnecessary annoyance. The prob is that immediately after you finish a league game the CPU simulates the next round before bringing you back to the main league menu which always keeps you one game behind in the table standings. This is just lazy programming or design that is not driven from a football fanatic's perspective.
One of the great small pleasures of a footy fan is the league table which tells the story of the season in it's letters and numbers - the simple math and pure symmetry of it however is ruined by always having two teams (yours and your next opponent) having played one less game than everyone else.
So easy to fix EA - please do!

Yay!

I always drop the ball to the keepers feet. Learnt that from multiplayer pes. Then you can just pass it out, or walk with it. Means you always have an outlet open to you.

Great, fifa demo next week for me then! Cant wait to hear you lot moan about it :D

I never understood when pes took away the home/away matches league result per team and went with the calender instead. Offcourse its seabass........but still. And its a shame that fifa havent sorted it out, really makes it a lot more interesting to see both season results per team per page. Makes it easy to compare with other teams, where you dropped points, where not. Back in the day I used to look at them a lot and remember to make the extra effort the next season when I would play the same match.

Last edited:
"hit stores"?

Anyone know if the demo be downloadable from PSN?
When he says "hit stores" he means the PS "store", which means PSN. So tomorrow is the answer, if you feel you can trust EA.

I always drop the ball to the keepers feet. Learnt that from multiplayer pes. Then you can just pass it out, or walk with it. Means you always have an outlet open to you.
He's talking about goal kicks. Unless the rules are massively different in Holland, you can't pick up the ball and throw it if it's a goal kick.

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I've loved it for ages but playing those two guys in ranked games this afternoon (Mr. "I Can Shoot From The Half Way Line And Get A Corner Every Time" and Mr. "Finesse, GOAL, Finesse, GOAL, Finesse, GOAL") I'm not touching it for anything but league matches now.

Euro 2008 demo is out tomorrow! :ROCK:

FinesseGOAL, isn't that ThomasGOAL's evil twin brother (who hates PES/Sony and loves FIFA/Microsoft)?

for xbox 360?

According to the official FIFA forums (from someone who actually works for EA as well), on both PS3 and 360.

I am off work tomorrow too :w00t:

Besides finesse shots and the flaws we all know, there's also the low cross (triple circle in ps3) that feels too scripted, it's always too accurate and you can exploit it and score a lot with quite good teams. I've played cunts who would do that all the time, running the wing, triple circle to do a low cross that all your players and keeper stand to watch and it goes scripted to the feet of the nearest striker who scores a first time to the first post. That's horrible, because you hardly see that kind of crosses in real life and are almost impossible to perform or easy for the defenders to intercept, but in the game, your defenders go zomby mode and won't take it.

well lads its about 4 am your time, and i signend into my uk live account and nothing, hoepfully by the time i get up, its there

Gomito, it was about 2:30am our time when you posted that!

Well, I just checked the Xbox Marketplace and no Euro 08 demo out yet. Good job too as I would have been well late for work :-pp.

Back
Top Bottom