UEFA Euro 2008

I will check it out, thanks.
I hope it is next-gen, EA really need to move on from that crappy old engine and away from PS2...

I doubt PC version next gen i will be surprised if it is.

Anyway as above hope there PS3 demo this week.

Fifa Informer Uefa Euro: Offline hands-on impressions

All the new kits are in the game but unfortunately not all of the the teams will be licenced (Netherlands, Wales, Faroe Islands, Iceland are all missing in action). Overall the game looks good (animations and player models) and with the confetti it does catch the atmosphere we all hope for when the real things kicks off in June. Of course all the 8 official stadiums are in the game.

New stuff
You can add spin to the ball on corner kicks. Press the left stick back to add backspin on forward for topspin. The corner kicks are improved and works well in the game. You can also add curl to your free kicks. Penalty kicks are a slightly different ... not by much; but the angle is new. In FIFA 08 it was impossible to save the shots, in Euro 08 it it possible. Throw ins and kickoff remain the same. You can also control your goal celebrations. Watching Ballack doing the robot dance is quite frightning!

The Good
Captures all the magic
Captain yourself for your Country
Tighter defense
Dynamic weather and ratings
Set pieces
Blame Steve McClaren if you don´t qualify with Three Lions

The Bad
Missing countries
Goalie throws
It rains almost every game during the qualification
Goalies making a mess with the help of the defense
Interactive celebrations
Steve McClaren is still in the game

http://www.fifainformer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=1

The impressions seems abit rushed to short and sweet for me will wait for review no doubt demo be out soon so might not need to.

Oh.. Goalie Throws? Goalies making a mess.... they do this in FIFA 08.. that doesnt sound good!

Mclaren should be in the game... he was the TWAT who caused us not to qualify..... cant wait to point and LAUGH at him!

Oh.. Goalie Throws? Goalies making a mess.... they do this in FIFA 08.. that doesnt sound good!

Mclaren should be in the game... he was the TWAT who caused us not to qualify..... cant wait to point and LAUGH at him!

Ye shame no option to smack Macca with his umbrella though.

Ye dosnt sound to good about keepers this could ruin the game if its pretty bad.

So they finally added rain, where's snow? Not exactly going to be realistic to play a qualifier in Russia or other similar places in Winter and have it raining........

thos videos have made me feel a little better, regarding the speed of the game

doesn't seem to quick to me and looks like you can still play some nice football

Also why mention being able to curl corners and freekicks? Not exactly news in any sense of the word... Or did the reviewer just figure that out? :)

Really quite bizarre that they don't have the licenses to Wales, Faroe Islands, Iceland, surely (with all due respect to the three) they're such small countries there is little interest in licensing them and thus the price should be low, seeing as you will apparently have a large pool of players to choose from to call up to the national team I wonder if the 4 unlicensed teams will allow you to call up real players into them, Holland missing from the finals would be a big blow to its credibility IMO.

Looking at those videos I'm feeling a bit deflated now, and reading what that preview has to say. If they've slowed the game down again perhaps the reaction times are slow again - that preview doesn't mention them being improved. And if the goalkeepers are the same that leaves no improvements bar the weather.

I hope they've played an early version.

Looking at those videos I'm feeling a bit deflated now, and reading what that preview has to say. If they've slowed the game down again perhaps the reaction times are slow again - that preview doesn't mention them being improved. And if the goalkeepers are the same that leaves no improvements bar the weather.

the reviewer also mentioned how saving penalties in fifa 08 was impossible, but in euro 2008 is possible..

Penalty kicks are a slightly different ... not by much; but the angle is new. In FIFA 08 it was impossible to save the shots, in Euro 08 it it possible

that line there tells me take that review with a pinch of salt, because i save pennies all the time in fifa 08

the reviewer also mentioned how saving penalties in fifa 08 was impossible, but in euro 2008 is possible..

that line there tells me take that review with a pinch of salt, because i save pennies all the time in fifa 08

Im guessing Its the shots what go top conrer and the only way (well 99%) of getting them is moving your keeper over there, which lets face it looks poo

You and me both JB... looks as if Diva Hat the Euro Edition is going to be Diva Hat with a few minor changes :MAD::MAD::MAD:

You won't if your opponent really want to score (unless he is rubish or move his goalkeeper way to far to one side), I can score 100 of 100 if I'd like to, the keeper won't save it if I put it in the top corner with enough power, which is way to easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom