UEFA Euro 2008

They must get bored though surely? Oh another cutback king goal scored by Henry..... zzzzzzz ive gone back to FIFA 08 anyway. I now have it on both the 360 and PS3 so I can play the best of both worlds ;)

i still think euro is better than fifa, havent played fifa for a long time, and i wont be playing anything in the near future as i have joined the red rings club

lol RROD.... Thats one of the reasons im going to switch to PS3. im fed up with my 360 crashing and the stupid little issues ive had with them.

first time its happened, but still not good, gives me a break away from the xbox i guess

I think differences in agility in FIFA are probably just about perceptible.

I think one of the main reasons PES made you feel more like you were playing with the real players is that you could visibily recognise certain players when they got the ball. The players model seemed to have a far wider range of basic settings, so differences in height, girth, hair-colour, even skin colour, were far more perceptible than they are in FIFA.

Changes to other main attributes, such as speed, agility, heading, shooting and passing power/accuracy all made very noticable differences to the feel of the players in PES. I made my own Scottish Premier League and it was possible to create players that really did bear some resemblence to the physical appearance and playing style of their real-life counterparts. I always knew instantly who was on the ball. This is rarely, if ever, the case in FIFA. EA have alot of things right, but the players them self have no soul... there like white boys dancing...

Perhaps the fact that the FIFA stat editing options restrict you changing players stats by much doesn't help in allowing you to create distinctive attributes. But even physically, very few players are instantly recognisable. The general size and shape of the players are very similar, red-heads look like brown-heads, even black skins tones are barely distinguishable from white on the wide cam. On the whole, FIFA is a big bunch of generic look-a-like play-a-likes. Strange, because I would have thought that would be quite easy to fix.

yep exactly, in PES the players resembled there real life counterparts... beckham would rip in crosses at a faster pace, players with 90 shot power, hit it alot harder then players with not, there was a difference betweena quick player and a fast player, defesnders could not dribble anyone, most defenders could not shoot to save there lifes, the stats actually mattered. I rember in we7i or we 8 me and my boy started a champions league campaign, we each to 16 teams and played each other to the end, there were certain teams i chose for certain players cause i knew i could play as say maybe olympicacos with rivaldo and that could be my boy, he could beat people off the turn, pass really well and shoot reall well, in fifa there is none of this, there is either a fastplayer like christiano or, a super strong player like drogba, nothing else at all..... the players all play exactly the same, they all cross the same, they all shoot the same.. its lifeless...

Where/how can you send suggestions to EA? I seem to remember somebody posting a link to it in here but i can't seem to find it...

Just played 4 or 5 more matches as England in the qualifying mode and my feeling right now is that the game is shit, really not liking it at all, yes responses are improved, yes it has rain, but the feeling of being in control of my player is gone, movement seems spongy and less controlled than Fifa08, manual passing now is a fucking joke, fifa08 had it pretty much spot on other than perhaps lobbed through balls which needed work but now manual passing is far from manual and is next to useless. Don't get me started on opponent AI because it's shocking, played Macedonia at home, semi pro, I'm England, there was one point in the first half for about 10 minutes I couldn't get the ball off them, they completely passed it around me and dribbled around me as if they were Arsenal and I was Accrington Stanley, 20-30 passes without a single one being off target, pathetic, AI can super pass, super dribble, super tackle no matter who they are, if this is what Fifa09 is going to be based on they can fuck right off.

Playing Euro just makes me want to go back and play Fifa instead, so I guess it's back to Fifa08 manager mode with Sheffield Wednesday for me :)

Just played 4 or 5 more matches as England in the qualifying mode and my feeling right now is that the game is shit, really not liking it at all, yes responses are improved, yes it has rain, but the feeling of being in control of my player is gone, movement seems spongy and less controlled than Fifa08, manual passing now is a fucking joke, fifa08 had it pretty much spot on other than perhaps lobbed through balls which needed work but now manual passing is far from manual and is next to useless. Don't get me started on opponent AI because it's shocking, played Macedonia at home, semi pro, I'm England, there was one point in the first half for about 10 minutes I couldn't get the ball off them, they completely passed it around me and dribbled around me as if they were Arsenal and I was Accrington Stanley, 20-30 passes without a single one being off target, pathetic, AI can super pass, super dribble, super tackle no matter who they are, if this is what Fifa09 is going to be based on they can fuck right off.

Playing Euro just makes me want to go back and play Fifa instead, so I guess it's back to Fifa08 manager mode with Sheffield Wednesday for me :)

this is exactly how i felt :(

OT: I also just saw ArmA 2 will utilize a Durg-style viewblock fix for vegetation. yay no more ai seeing thru trees. is the Dev blog run by you?

Yes when you could have saved the time writing it in here by writing it in google in the first place mate! That's all.

Don't make it personal lazavas. If you want to download the Euro demo the Google it and do a bit of digging and you will find a working link.

Don't make it personal lazavas. If you want to download the Euro demo the Google it and do a bit of digging and you will find a working link.

oh my lord!!!!!!!! i asked a bloody question, i didnt make it personal, look at the reply i got if u want to look at personal, i wont ask again

if someone decent knows a working link can they pm to me, wouldnt want to offend anyone by asking a simple question, have tried a few and they are the faulty ones, all i am asking for is a working link to the demo of the game, i have seen many people ask questions like this on this forum, christ i cant believe some of the replies i got, i would gladly have helped anyone that asked, some people are just unfkn believable

If someone can't find a demo for one of the biggest annual sporting franchises on the internet without asking, then I really don't think they should be trying to install the thing to the PC in the first place ;)

I played one match today, away to Ukraine in a friendly with England and it was amazing, I dropped every first choice and played with an England B team essentially and really enjoyed the match, passing and movement worked well, I controlled most of the game and won 1-0 with a Beckham 25 yard freekick (uploaded it but doubt I'll ever find it again :() basically I enjoyed the match so much that I thought perhaps I'd been hasty last night.

Then I played two qualifiers against Israel and Andorra, lost 2-1 and 2-0, yet more super passing, super dribbling, super tackling from the AI, my players won't close down space, can't tackle or pass for shit and I wanted to punch the TV........

Yeah, it's well known the AI for lesser teams is a fucking disaster.

That said, I don't think I've ever actually lost to them :-pp.

They'd better fix it for FIFA09.

I'm ambivalent about the game because there is some tremendous stuff in it, you can have some superb moments and even entire matches, but there's also some utter tripe in it, woeful cpu cheats and atrocious AI for weaker teams.

I'd love to try this game 5v5. I reckon it would be class.

Take this how you will, but I have no problems defending or attacking on Legendary mode. It takes practise but it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

Yeah, I'm actually scoring and winning consistently on Pro, something I couldn't do in Fifa.

Placebo, I reckon you'd enjoy it if you just did the finals, that way there are no crap teams to get you riled up. I'm having fun with Spain and just won it with Portugal. But I agree, my full campaign with England is nowhere near as fun.

Back
Top Bottom