UEFA Euro 2008

It's two seperate development teams and two seperate project leads. Anything they put in that is deemed a fantastic feature the new project lead may not like. So I doubt it very much.

If that card-game feature from UEFA CL had made it into FIFA 08 in place of the manager mode, I would have been fucking furious...

Looks quite good. We should be getting a demo on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE soon.
:)

Looks quite good, couple of comments;

- Looks like they have sorted the ridiculous night lighting of 07 and 08. So no more "shadows" in the middle of the pitch.
- Gamespeed in these videos can be deceptive, I remember testing it out last year for pes/fifa and pes6 seemed to be fine when playing but looked far too fast in the vid. Same would probably apply to this so it should have a good tempo to it.
- The wet patches/puddles could do with being more subtle imo, they look a bit too much atm
- Are all the pitches supposed to have the same "texture". With that I mean they are all small square's instead of sometimes being lines, circels etc. Could be a tournament thing though.
- The players do seem to be a bit static when being passed to.

Also to the person who posted about the england flag in the stadium, you can qualify with england remember.

Looks good though, worth a barginbin buy by the looks of things.

Oh and Cammy, you forgot the untucked shirt option in your improvements list! How could you forget?!?!?!

Looks well good on whole but as said tempo been upped im not so sure if this is dangerous levels of PES arcade but will see if a demo comes.

Stuff i like was weather the much better response overall and celebration although that blue screen better not pop up if want to keep doing celebration once is enough then know what to do its ruins flow of it also.

Not sure if there new passing animations there aswell maybe as its quickened up deceving me.

Just watched it, From what little we can see from that crappy quality I think it looks decent. Sped up a bit from FIFA 08, Controls LOOK to be a bit Tighter and more responsive (no delays seemingly when passes are being played). I LOVE the looks of the new Interactive Celebrations! Especially if you have just scored a dramatic late winner and you could make your player do an AMAZING celebration.... But knowing EA they will be generic and your button presses wont do much. Still least we dont have Dog heads :)

I always find it difficult to get an impression of the gameplay from these kind of clips, because, invariably the two people playing are gash.

Definitely looks to be a significant improvement over 08, game speed looks about right, player models look much better IMO, in the goal it was nice to see Silva was celebrating with the scorer, not the right back as was the usual case with 08, I noticed that the AI were making much better runs into space for passes, they weren't straight runs either, watch at 2:12 the Portuguese forward in the bottom left corner of the screen runs forward then adjusts his run twice to try to be in open space for a pass.......

One shit thing, at 4:10 the player makes a bad cross which goes out of play almost instantly, the commentary is "not frightened to try" which shows it was considered a shot which is bollocks and was a big flaw in 08, every cross that goes out of play is considered a shot in relation to commentary and it was really annoying......

Anyways here's the vid on youtube.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCfEn2jc1Jw

No way will that screen always be there, they've had to put that there for the guys playing it at that event who wonder why their players stand still after they've scored a goal. If someone thought that was a bug and reported it, it wouldn't go down very well.

It does look like it has faster response times but also faster gameplay. Everything looked ok with that video EXCEPT for the goal. The same easy-to-score-near-corner goal. Bleh...

I hope we still can play with manual controls. By the way , i cant see any special tricks in the gameplay video, maybe we will see them in other clip...

It does look like it has faster response times but also faster gameplay. Everything looked ok with that video EXCEPT for the goal. The same easy-to-score-near-corner goal. Bleh...

Thats where most goals are scored in real life when 1 on 1

near post low or across the keeper low

Great video Placebo! :)

EA are getting better with EVERY game now by the looks of things!

FIFA 07 - Had potential but still poor.

UEFA Champions League - REALLY improved but still needed work.

FIFA 08 - WOW! Brilliant football game but still a few minor faults.

Euro 2008 - ?

FIFA 09 - ???

Back
Top Bottom