UEFA Euro 2008

Yes Placebo, and the fact he said it's a faster pace and is more end to end and exciting :SS. I think FIFA08 has the perfect balance for speed, as some games are end to end, yes, but the majority aren't, which is like real life. I think people are getting confused with the response times and game speed. All we want to see is response times increase, leave the bloody game speed alone!!!

Well it could use a little speeding up from 08, just a smidge, the problem is that lots of stuff was put into 08 in a very rudimentary manner, goalkeeping AI and movement, AI defending and defence movement, AI attacking patterns, AI tactical decisions, AI substitutions, AI squad rotation (perhaps not so much an issue in a tournament game of course), unless they make efforts to tweak all those elements to make them far more next gen™ rather than the current gen™ (as in they're in there and they do them but in a very basic, rough manner). If they speed the game up then they also need to adjust the ball physics accordingly, ball should be a little bit heavier, more dip and curl on crosses and certain shots, improvements to set pieces especially as they're perhaps the most rudimentary of all, 2008 and for direct freekicks all you can do is aim and shoot/pass with one static player? Really poor, one of the very few things PES improved over the years.......

I think we all agree that the main areas needing improvement are...

Faster response times on button presses.

Improved reaction on goalkeepers rushing out for shots.

Individual players feeling different (Especially lower leagues).

What concerns me is the fact that they are adding things like Managers, manual celebrations, weather effects.

When they need to tweak the basic game engine a bit more 1st.

I'm hoping that they have done this of coarse.

yep i agree and the more animations and the more effects they add, also adds more load to the system, so i hope they have already worked on the gameplay side before moving to this next step

I think we all agree that the main areas needing improvement are...

Faster response times on button presses.

Improved reaction on goalkeepers rushing out for shots.

Individual players feeling different (Especially lower leagues).

What concerns me is the fact that they are adding things like Managers, manual celebrations, weather effects.

When they need to tweak the basic game engine a bit more 1st.

I'm hoping that they have done this of coarse.

I think its reasonable to assume they're putting in more effort on the gameplay with the next fifa iteration (09)...they probably have two separate teams working on each game...anyway, what little we've heard so far sounds promising...can only mean great things for fifa09 :D

Another thing they need, fast switching of free kick/corner takers, 07 on PS2 was perfect, hold down R1, use D-Pad to scroll between kickers and it displays a graphic in the top right of their preferred foot as well as key set piece stats, why this wasn't included in the next gen version I do not know, a monkey knows it was a good feature.

What they need is for the curser changes to work!!!

So pissed off with the Cursor sticking when on manual. Its retarded and NEEDS to be sorted out!!!

It limits play greatly.

What they need is for the curser changes to work!!!

So pissed off with the Cursor sticking when on manual. Its retarded and NEEDS to be sorted out!!!

It limits play greatly.

Indeed. And because they gave no AI to any player you are not controlling, the other players will just stand there and not do a thing (instead, they should have given the team the AI from be a pro offline mode at least)

Booby you do know you can use the right stick to point who you want the curser to change to right? that makes it a bit better

Hopefully Red cards are sorted as well and the keepers can foul people let alone get sent off

why is there only a red card when a Peno is given?

I'd love for them to add some set piece free kicks in as well - and not just the last gen 2 men over the ball left foot or right foot thing ... i mean throw in a couple of what they would call 'plays'

P1 runs at the ball as if hes going to strike it, he steps over it - P2 next to the ball pokes it forwards slightly - P3 off to the side strikes at a clear goal

just as i mention sendings off i get sent off agaisnt Tim for a nothing tackle just into my own half

Faster reaction times I think? Look at the pass bar shoot up and then the player kicks it straight away, quicker than they do now. But it could be because it's an offline game.

Looks virtually the same apart from that, but I have to admit I will buy it purely for all the small things. The change of commentary is welcome and the stadia look fantastic.

Nice

From that it seems the cut scenes are almost instant now and the players and ball look faster as well

the response looks alot better becuase the players dont just run in to each other as much

The celebration thing looks awesome, im gonna jump into the crowd everytime haha

Very very impressed by the look of that video :))

i think the celebration part is good, it makes you feel more involved when you score

Have to admit I love the look of the celebrations, the way that they are in-game rather than cut-scene makes it look so professional and a lot better than before. I hope the same happens with other things, i.e. when you're booked you see the referee give the card in-game rather than requiring a cut-scene. The managers look brilliant as well. The whole presentation aspect looks great, even the fraction of a replay you see of the goal looks a lot better.

This short poor quality video has made me look forward to this more than Vegas 2 :SHOCK:

I'm a bit disappointed. That video looks like PES. Look at the tempo of the game, its way too fast. Even the ball sounds are like PES 2008!
It reminded me a lot of PES too :-ll

The power bars above the players heads looks shit. And that fucking big blue celebrations thing looks shit.

:((

I have a feeling that Euro2008 is just a game to test out random features and to see the fans' reception so that they know what to put in FIFA 09.

Back
Top Bottom