UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread (Last 16)

ninjabreakz said:
I really, really, really etc PRAY for a Barcelona v AC Milan final. It would be GORGEOUS! Anyone agree?

Last time that happened we whipped them 4-0 with a B string lineup, and left Stoichkov - Romario in tears.

Come on Barca. Or Milan. Or Juventus for that fact. As long as the Scousers or Gooners don't win it, I will be happy (which they won't).

Milanista said:
Last time that happened we whipped them 4-0 with a B string lineup, and left Stoichkov - Romario in tears.

You face a bit of a tougher Barca this time around though, mate. Although I have to say I think Milan has the best squad in Europe. Their bench scares me, let alone the first eleven! :shock:

ninjabreakz said:
Come on Barca. Or Milan. Or Juventus for that fact. As long as the Scousers or Gooners don't win it, I will be happy (which they won't).

well we have more chance than you....hehehehe...see what i did there...cos you're out....and we're still in...hehehehe:D

kel said:
Little jammy result for Milan. The penalty was very stupid by Ismael.

I just can't stop laughing at the penalty situation :lol: ridiculous, Ismael did not anything wrong in my opinion. He had his arm at his body.
9 out of 10 Referees wouldn't give that penalty
but ***hole De Bleeckere :mrgreen: did. I'm really pissed right now!

donEdo said:
I just can't stop laughing at the penalty situation :lol: ridiculous, Ismael did not anything wrong in my opinion. He had his arm at his body.
9 out of 10 Referees wouldn't give that penalty
but ***hole De Bleeckere :mrgreen: did. I'm really pissed right now!

the ball rebounds on cooks and touch the hand, it's just the luck of Italian teams

kel said:
What was Gattuso thinking while he was falling down to the ground as if he has been shot. :roll:
Normally he is the tough guy, no?
:mrgreen: normally he is..

but then, after that, he got booked for a very very stupid foul.. that one is the Gattuso I know..

btw.. I still have doubts on the PK.. seeing it in real time made me shout "c'mon!! this is a penalty!!" but I got surprised when I saw the replay, though I'm an AC Milan supporter.. I don't think it was really a PK..

great goal by Ballack, I'm sorry because we could also win, in the end, but well, it's a great result!!

now when Bayern will come to Milan, they'll feel home when they look at San Siro's pitch.. it's as horrible as the Munich one..

:mrgreen: FORZA MILAN!!

Professor Nutmeg said:
Cheeky goal from Benfica. Gerd, i trust you watched the Benfica match? ;)

LOL...did not know what you meant at first, but now i know...underwear !!!!
As a matter of fact Prof i had to work yesterday evening, just saw the last 15 minutes of Real-Arsenal and i'm delighted with the result.

Didn't see any of the footy live, although saw some of the goals. Never a penalty for Milan, woeful goalkeeping from PSV goalie and some goal from Ballack.

As for tonight go on the Barca and Villa. :)

FD

Watched the Real MAdrid vs Arsenal match, thought Arsenal were going to pay for missing the clear chances in the 1st half but they were cruising in the end. Great goal by Henry although did anyone else think after that he just stopped bothering until the final seconds?

Zidane was dire!

Ronald Gomez. :roll:

Thought Milan's penalty was entirely justified. Ismael's arm wasn't up but it wasn't in a 'natural' position either, he had it across his own body instead of by his side and he also turned his body (and thus his arm) towards the ball. Clear penalty, IMO.

Aye, what a mistake by Gomes, and the wall should never duck like that for the ball, whats the point of having a wall!! Kone missed an awesome chance for the 1-1 as well. Bit unlucky for PSV, will be very hard for them to get a result in France...

Great game by Arsenal, they really turned up, unlike Madrid who were crap!

Looking forward to Chelsi-Barca and Ajax-Inter tonight :)

Benfica deserved to win, in a very tactical match
liverpool played for a draw but they lost the game in a great header by luisão

Was he good? I've spoke to a few people who said he was crap again, with the exception of scoring the goal (which I ain't seen).

From what they said it was the only thing he did in the match or are they talking mince?

FD

He wasnt fantastic tbh, kinda avarage and scored a goal. Rayes was decent tho.

What I didnt quite understand was the way Real Madrid played Beckham last night. He was like a Winger , now he can cross a great ball like no one else in the world but taking people on is far form one of his strong points. Last night the amount of times he got space on the wing or in front of goal he was pretty useless. TBF tho he isnt a natural 1on1 finisher so I was a bit puzzled at Real's choice to play him in that position.

ClassicD said:
Thought Milan's penalty was entirely justified. Ismael's arm wasn't up but it wasn't in a 'natural' position either, he had it across his own body instead of by his side and he also turned his body (and thus his arm) towards the ball. Clear penalty, IMO.

Oh come on you gotta be kidding, If that penalty was justified then there would be 10 penalties in each game. ex(Stam holding Guerrero, Vogel pushing Ballack) and so on.
He didn't get an advantage of getting the ball on his arm.

Note that the ref during the game was using a headset, which was UEFA testing it. I'd assume the guy speaking into the referee's ear agreed it was a penalty.

i am really looking forward to tonight, chelsea-barca will be awesome i hope ;) and also bremen-juve should be kinda exciting.

Barc should win... I hope,You rather face Barc then Chelski hands down,Chelski wins with performance and luck

donEdo said:
Oh come on you gotta be kidding, If that penalty was justified then there would be 10 penalties in each game. ex(Stam holding Guerrero, Vogel pushing Ballack) and so on.
He didn't get an advantage of getting the ball on his arm.

Yeah I agree, no way was that a penalty, dreadful decision. If that's the case CD then you will agree that Ranger's penalty against Dunfermline was justified as was the sending-off. :roll:

FD

At least Chelsea have English players - it's good to see some of our boys in action.

beboquintero said:
Barc should win... I hope,You rather face Barc then Chelski hands down,Chelski wins with performance and luck

all teams need to perform and have a bit of luck to win the tournament it is not only Chelsea who win like that

Breeemen :)

the save of Buffon after Fahrenhorst's header was class!

:applause:

Great win for Werder and fully deserved. Juve performance was emberassing.

Also glad that Barca won on that cow paddock. \\:o/

chelski were unlucky, i had them down for the win and they might well have got it if it weren't for the sending off..........ah well.

Barça rocks, that Messi "joga very bonito". :mrgreen::lol:

Back
Top Bottom