UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread (Last 16)

Interesting night of football. I still fancy Milan to go on and win it this year.

Drogba - what an overrated piece of shit. Buy a PROPER striker, Chelski - he doesn't play like a £24 million striker - more like a £3 million signing from Norwich.

Milanista said:
Ancelotti will get sacked if Milan get eliminated.

do english managers get sacked for getting knocked out of the CL? i always see it as more of a bonus and they ae based on domestic form.

Well, Milan are 2nd, 10 points behind first place Juve, and not playing as well as theyre supposed to be. He hasnt won a trophy since the 03-04 season after 6 years. So now its up to him to turn everything around by winning the CL.

ninjabreakz said:
Interesting night of football. I still fancy Milan to go on and win it this year.

Drogba - what an overrated piece of shit. Buy a PROPER striker, Chelski - he doesn't play like a £24 million striker - more like a £3 million signing from Norwich.

i'm fed up of drogba if he would have scored just 2 mn before etoo's goal the game wouldn't be the same ,if it was crespo it would have been a goal without doubt

Milanista said:
Well, Milan are 2nd, 10 points behind first place Juve, and not playing as well as theyre supposed to be.
Also I don't like Ancelotti very much.. but you cannot say it's his fault if we lost 2004/05 CL.. it was all the team's fault!!
and, of course, if we had won thatCL, we would have been winning something important for 3 seasons in a row.. now I think that AC Milan isn't playing the way it's meant to be, but truly don't understand why everyone I hear talking about ACM says "ooh.. Carletto's going to be fired if we don't win the Champions' League.."

Milanista said:
He hasnt won a trophy since the 03-04 season after 6 years.
I can't understand what you're saying.. maybe it's my fault, maybe it's only 2 late, but I really can't understand.. From 03/04 on I agree he hasn't won anything, but why "after 6 years"? Haven't he won the CL in 2002/03?

Milanista said:
Last time that happened we whipped them 4-0 with a B string lineup, and left Stoichkov - Romario in tears.

Yes, but barcelona had just played the final match of the season (in wich won the league at the last minute) only 48 hours before. In a suspicious decision the spanish federation didn't allow the matches to be played earlier.

This time maybe the story would be different with messi on our side. :D

Watched Chelsea-Barcelona:

great game from the ref (the sending off was a good decision, Del Horno never even tried to get the ball and it was his second nasty challenge on Messi - the fact that he missed him partially is irrelevant)

What a fantastic player that Messi is. Deco also played a great game.

I strongly sypathize with John Terry...best CB in the world but an unlucky own-goal.

What's all the fuss about Drogba, IMHO he played a great game...

Chelsea can still win it, but it will be tough...

OPM said:
Bremen rocks. :)

Their defence is shit to be honest. Had juve played a little more offensively, instead of asking Bremen to attack, juve could've easily crushed Bremen. Pretty stupid really..

I have to disagree with you there gerd. Both Messi and Del Horno are both turnips for rolling around afterwards. How embarrassed they must be watching that back. They both paused, looked at the ref, then began rolling under no momentum at all in opposite directions. Completely farcical! For me, that challenge didn't warrant a red and i think most level headed people were surprised by the outcome. As for Motta applauding it...
If you ask me, events are unfolding exactly the same way they did last year. Let's hope so ;)

That's typical for Bremen. They play great attractive, offensive football but concede too many goals because of their rather poor defense. Juves problem was their only-do-as-much-as-needed attitude.
But I think it will be Juve who will go to the next round because of the needless away goals which musnt not happen.

Last edited:

ninjabreakz said:

Exactly what Im thinking about him. I sicked of him already, he's a kind of player that only play 1-2 good match and the rest is just decent or bad.

We need to find a better forward who is the type of Shevchenko, Henry, Eto'o or Adriano.

Btw, if Im Mourinho, I would like to keep Joe cole instead of Gud Johnson after Del Horno was out. Keep Robben instead of put SWP in and I would like to give C. Cole a chance to play rather than Drogba again...

kel said:
That's typical for Bremen. They play great attractive, offensive football but concede too many goals because of their rather poor defense. Juves problem was their only-do-as-much-as-needed attitude.
But I think it will be Juve who will go to the next round because of the needless away goals which musn't happen.

second that, typical Bremen. There defense was shit all season long, no matter if against juventus, barcelona or fsv mainz 05. and most likely will stay till the summer when they surely will sign a few new defenders. but they got an offensive line up that can win any game, even if they concede 2 or 3 goals, just like seen yesterday. ;)

Loads of goals last night, some of those Buffon saves where amazing.

Watched between the Chelsea and Rangers games. Rangers got a 2-2 draw but for me they're out, Lovenkrands goal was a peach although both their goals to be honest had an element of luck in them.

As for Chelsea - Barca, best team won although the sending-off had a bearing, thought it was defo a sending off, what exactly was he doing, for me Robben probably gave Del Horno the idea to go in like a nutter with a daft two footed challenge, Del Horno must've got excited with that and just charged in like a mad-man. :lol: Terry played excellent, but come on that penalty. :mrgreen: Do you think if a Chelsea outfield player was to dive full length and tip the ball past the post that the other team would get a penalty? As for Jose's interview...........oh dear, he must have a short memory.

Good comback from Werder, but think Juve are going through.

Also Inter got a good away result, although Ajax look a poor side now. Was I right in hearing they got beat 6-1 recently? Or was someone winding me up?

FD

Last edited:

fd1972uk said:
Was I right in hearing they got beat 6-1 recently? Or was someone winding me up?
FD

Last match in Eredivisie they trashed RBC Roosendaal 6:0, but a month ago they got beaten 1:4 at home against FC Utrecht.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I have to disagree with you there gerd. Both Messi and Del Horno are both turnips for rolling around afterwards. How embarrassed they must be watching that back. They both paused, looked at the ref, then began rolling under no momentum at all in opposite directions. Completely farcical! For me, that challenge didn't warrant a red and i think most level headed people were surprised by the outcome. As for Motta applauding it...
If you ask me, events are unfolding exactly the same way they did last year. Let's hope so ;)

I agree with you Prof that Messi's reaction was exagerated (although that guy can't do anything wrong since yesterday...he's Argentinian and fabulous). But for what's it worth: at the Belgian television the two pundits ( two Begian football managers)and the presentator all agreed that the sending off was correct...
Maybe this different perception has something to do with the difference in culture between continental people and Brittish football. Brittish football is much more physical...still knowing that Mourinho should have warned his players..he of all persons must have known better (remember a certain Celtic-Porto Uefa-cup final) and he knew that their would be a continental ref. To be fair to Chelsea, Barcelona's players dit a few dreadful tackles too (Puyol).

These are Europes two best teams, but somehow i have the feeling that the outcome of this duel will not be important for the CL. I have a funny feeling that neither of them will win the CL...i still hope for Lyon...but watch out for Juventus...i saw them against Brugge and they were fabulous...

kel said:
Last match in Eredivisie they trashed RBC Roosendaal 6:0, but a month ago they got beaten 1:4 at home against FC Utrecht.

Thanks mate, I'm gonna slap my brother.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yeah I agree, no way was that a penalty, dreadful decision. If that's the case CD then you will agree that Ranger's penalty against Dunfermline was justified as was the sending-off. :roll:

FD
I thought Ismael turned himself towards the ball to block it, rather than being unable to get out of the way of a cross - it wasn't 'ball to hand' IMO. Dunno what Dunfermline game you're on about Frank?

Only caught the highlights of last night's games. Rangers should have had a PK late-on but Forlan also had a goal chopped off which should have stood. What was Prso thinking!? Think they're fkd now anyway.

Chelsea, well forget about the rolling around. Del Horno was sent off for trying to boot Messi out of the park, watch the replay. He clearly ignores the ball and swings his leg, trying to boot Messi. Messi turns away to protect himself. Definite red card, I don't know how all those pundits can watch that and ignore the attempted assault from Del Horno, or maybe not even see it - either way they're fools! As for Gudjohnsen and Mourinho blaming Messi, saying it was because he rolled around, well they can fk right off, Del Horno did the exact same yet they never mentioned that!

Mourniho only further enhanced his reputation as a tossbag last night, with his "I don't want to speak about the game after the sending off", and another comment about whether have to decide are they are going to Barcelona for a game or a holiday. He was throwing the rattle out of the pram big-time.

Never even saw the other goals from the games :(.

Don Domenico said:
Their defence is shit to be honest. Had juve played a little more offensively, instead of asking Bremen to attack, juve could've easily crushed Bremen. Pretty stupid really..

Totally agree, Just hope we don't choke alla Liverpool last year when we play at home.

We should discuss Klaas Jan Huntelaar now. That kid is going to be THE Dutch striker.

You read it here first

yeh he played quite well yday but their relative inexperience cost them the match. If older and more senior players played i think Inter would have been killed off. Makes you think 'what if chivu, vd vaart, vd meyde, zlatan and de jong stayed??'

joostebrood said:
We should discuss Klaas Jan Huntelaar now. That kid is going to be THE Dutch striker.

You read it here first
I signed him on FM05 ages ago and he was amazing. Didnt know he was good in real life too.

Back
Top Bottom