UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

I'm shocked, didn't know shit about Thun and Artmedia.

Hope to see them play good football and surprise the big guns.

The more underdogs the better for me.

Feel quite Bad for Everton. a Gorgeous free kick from Arteta , perfectly good goal Chopped off.

Could have been so different :(

I thought the draw was at 3pm? :-s

Thought Everton where unlucky, didn't see anything wrong with that goal tbh. Villareal are a very good team though and I'm sure they'll be a tough nut for anyone that picks them up as a 4th seeded team. And Panathinaikos, 2nd group? Who's kidding who?

FD

CD - I know, but PAO as 2nd seeds? We've reached a UEFA Cup Final, QF and Last Sixteen as well as obviously taking part in a couple of CL. Can't mind PAO doing anything near that.

FD

Professor Nutmeg said:
Great goal by Sneijder for Ajax. It came out of nowhere.

True just like babels goal, although it was a typical goal for him to score. Just glad we made it to the CL, first half was dreadfull....hope Blind will realise he should play Sneijder instead of Boukhari.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Perhaps it is, i don't know :mryellow:

Not sure about Arsenal being in the 1st seeds :-k

It's only becasue we've been there for years now and usually manage to make it out of the group stages. I've no idea how their coefficient works!

Nickybaker said:
It's only becasue we've been there for years now and usually manage to make it out of the group stages. I've no idea how their coefficient works!

It doesn't make sens that Arsenal is a first seed above the likes of chelsea and juventus though, does it?

Last edited:
Don Domenico said:
It doesn't make sens that Arsenal is a first seed above the likes of chelsea and juventus though, doe it?

Not if you consider recent form like they do in tennis it doesn't.

It's down to performance over a number of seasons (five I think). Arsenal have been in the CL the past 5 seasons while Chelsea have only been in there 3 times at most I think. Arsenal have collected more co-efficient points than Chelsea, and that's why they're seeded above them.

Dom mate, you're just cheesed cos Juve are in pot 2 :mrgreen:. But I do get what you're saying ;).

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
C'mon your kidding yourself, its not been a League of Champions for a long time.

True enough, but doesn't take away the logic if it; the champions being the first seeds.

ClassicD said:
It's down to performance over a number of seasons (five I think). Arsenal have been in the CL the past 5 seasons while Chelsea have only been in there 3 times at most I think. Arsenal have collected more co-efficient points than Chelsea, and that's why they're seeded above them.

Dom mate, you're just cheesed cos Juve are in pot 2 :mrgreen:. But I do get what you're saying ;).

Haha, right you are. You got me :D.

No it's not fucked up, it's true! :|

Also Man USA and Villarreal in the same group, I hope Forlán comes back to haunt Fergie! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom