The TV Thread

I guess they don't need to look anything special as most are hidden away, whats the model again Coopz?

Sanyo Z2000

Very highly rated in the US but the pannys and Epsons get more press over here

Here's more shots i took when i tweaked the settings. It looks awesome in the flesh but im a shite camera man

Pure on the 360

IMG_0001.jpg

This is a Xvid through the 360, it looked brilliant but the pic dosnt show it at all

IMG_0006.jpg

And this is a HD clip which blew me away, once again shite camera pic though :LOL:

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Ill take some more later when i can figure out how to work the camera properly :))

My Sky HD is coming on Saturday, in time for Fringe on Sunday.

:-D

coopz

i am warming to the idea of having a PJ now..

problem would be lighting in my house tho, which is obviously important

I knew you would see sense in the end, all you need is some blackout curtains :))

I cant believe how good Fifa looks compared to how it did on my old PJ, It even looks far better than the 50" Sony LCD i tested

Ill get more screens later if i stop coughing for more than 30 seconds

£1200 for the PJ and a big piece of MDF, some white paint and some black cloth for the screen so another £10 :))

We bought a Philips 42PFL5603D at the weekend, really impressive quality for the price, Full HD, sound especially is fantastic. Very good price, even though our 32" Samsung is only about 3 months old we just couldn't resist the purchase :)

Grrr, and the one game that looks completely shit on the new TV is: Fifa09 :(

So as I have 30 days to return the TV for exchange or full refund I need to find a new TV to buy, so what's the best FullHD 42" TV out there for around £800? (taxes here mean an £800 TV costs around £1100).

Does anyone here have either 42LG5010 or L42VP01C?

So SkyHD is currently £75 in Currys, but how would you go about installing it and actually watching it?

Surely you'd then have to ring Sky up and get them to fit it with the correct cables, and to switch the subscription and so on?

So SkyHD is currently £75 in Currys, but how would you go about installing it and actually watching it?

Surely you'd then have to ring Sky up and get them to fit it with the correct cables, and to switch the subscription and so on?

Ye £75 and £30 for installation i think not to sure but was that last time i looked.

Basically you order they will arrage a date for engineer to come out install it all connect box up TV etc. In my case i watched over him only because stories i heard with connecting box to TV with Scart cable instead of HDMI cable. :LOL:

£10 a month there quite few channels been on it for nearly year now and its better then was but not so much HD great for football though. :))

I hope I get a Pace box, I've read about Thmopson boxes having issues and the Samsungs are a bit of an unknown quantity right now.

Ye £75 and £30 for installation i think not to sure but was that last time i looked.

Basically you order they will arrage a date for engineer to come out install it all connect box up TV etc. In my case i watched over him only because stories i heard with connecting box to TV with Scart cable instead of HDMI cable. :LOL:

£10 a month there quite few channels been on it for nearly year now and its better then was but not so much HD great for football though. :))

Well we've already got a HD box downstairs, but I've heard nightmare stories about Sky and charging extortionate amounts for a second HD package and so on.

And I could probably do a better job than most Sky electricians, when the guy came to fit our HD box, he also decided to fiddle around with our DVD player and it's not worked properly since. :SS

I hope I get a Pace box, I've read about Thmopson boxes having issues and the Samsungs are a bit of an unknown quantity right now.

I have Thompson and it does crash sometimes but its not often apart from that its been pretty solid.

Pace is really good box but not without problems lip sync issues is fault at moment and not fix yet hopefully will be soon. (I heard switching back and fourth channels fixes it so not permanent)

Well we've already got a HD box downstairs, but I've heard nightmare stories about Sky and charging extortionate amounts for a second HD package and so on.

And I could probably do a better job than most Sky electricians, when the guy came to fit our HD box, he also decided to fiddle around with our DVD player and it's not worked properly since. :SS

Yeah heard some nightmare stories aswell if already got HD box think you have to take out multiroom a call should sort it. (Well if you dont get indian call centre :LOL:)

lol guy who come for mine was alright he kept saying how Sky greedy gits etc but he still was going to put in scart cable although he did put HDMI in first.

Last edited:
It's about time eh?

Would be interesting to see the percentages of HD programming on all those channels, cause Sky1HD and Channel4HD are really bad when it comes to that, they may as well not bother.

And Sky Sports need to get their arses in gear and get more than one HD studio so we can always get HD coverage on their three channels (not including SSN).

We've had our Thomson box replaced twice already, and its still slow and extremely loud. The only plus to it is it looks good design-wise.

Yep agree BBC HD also at least its all HD but only broadcast from 7pm usually due to lack of content. :((

Biggest problem is alot of programs themself not gone over to HD yet so lack of content thin. I dont really watch much on Sky anyway only for football and Ross Kemp on Gangs and his Afghanistan one on Sky one HD.

Movie channels i dont subscribe to but them other channels not for me really and probs going to have alot of SD content mixed in. MTV HD good for music but most filled with crap shows but probably have alot of HD material but no doubt some SD.

Edit: Oh and nearly forgot please get HD spanish football i know outside broadcast but SD picture shocking need HD. :(

Last edited:
Oh and nearly forgot please get HD spanish football i know outside broadcast but SD picture shocking need HD. :(

Spanish football in SD has always been awful, but it's actually not anything to do with it just being outside pictures beamed in for Sky.

Spain do broadcast their games in HD I think. But Sky don't have enough HD equipped studios (in fact, only one) with which to present the footage from, if you get what I mean. They won't risk mixing the HD match coverage with SD analysis and so on. So they have no option to broadcast the Primera Liga in SD.

Or so I read on AVForums (I think).

I see well whatever goes on i hope for HD one day for it even upscaled SD would be something like Channel 4 HD.

I'll take 16:9 La Liga games today please Spain! HD games might be a long way away but give us widescreen at least! There are some La Liga games that make my TV look 'dirty'.

I'd love SSN to go HD, naturally all the content won't be in HD because its a news channel but some HD on screen graphics would look good, thats what they do in the US.

PDP-LX5090 now on price watch... Just getting quotes in from plumbers then my fire place and wall can come down then it's large TV time...
Spent over £15k so far alone so it may be the 5080 if that drops faster...

Wow been on the Which web site to look at their boiler reviews and had a look at their TV reviews too, apparently the Pioneers are lucky to get over 50% and get slated but they love Sony's, go figure. Every review I have ever seen has rated the Pioneer in all but price. Needless to say I have cancelled my subscription...

Looking like the Toshiba 42Z3030DG is the one I'll be getting (when I take this crappy Philips back to the store), anyone know anything about this one? :)

Visible Screen Diagonal (cm) 107
Max. Resolution (pixels) 1.920 x 1.080
Brightness (cd/m²) 500
Contrast Ratio 10000:1
100 Hertz Technique Active Vision M 100 HD - 100Hz (120Hz)
Music Power Output (Watts) 2 x 30
Full-HD yes
Scart 2x
S-Video-In Yes
Video-In Yes
Audio-In 3x
Audio-Out Yes
Digital Output Optical Yes
Subwoofer yes
HDMI 3x
VGA Yes

Seems a really decent TV for the price and looks pretty sharp as well :)

455478_Toshiba_42Z3030DG__100Hz__FullHD3749.png

Wow been on the Which web site to look at their boiler reviews and had a look at their TV reviews too, apparently the Pioneers are lucky to get over 50% and get slated but they love Sony's, go figure. Every review I have ever seen has rated the Pioneer in all but price. Needless to say I have cancelled my subscription...

Which :LOL:

And Philips make TVs imo. Toshiba's are always good :)

I've got a Samsung Sky HD box, its very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom