The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

both are good options , if I was in chelsea place I would buy him to airplane ticket for Barcelona and Munich and let him pick where he wants to go :D

I dont rate David Luiz

Good signing for Fener. I heard Meireles will return to the Premier League? Leicester, West Ham and Derby (if they go up) are interested I believe.

Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC) ---> Paris St. Germain (for 60m)

Also, I think that United are going to go for either Clasie or Strootman again, since van Gaal always employs a Dutch DM with his teams.

Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC) ---> Paris St. Germain (for 60m)

Also, I think that United are going to go for either Clasie or Strootman again, since van Gaal always employs a Dutch DM with his teams.

We should have tried harder last summer for Strootman, I'm still pissed. :RANT:

Drogba (Galatasaray) > Juventus
Ganso (Sao Paulo) > Napoli
Mascherano (Barcelona) > Napoli
Sandro (Spurs) > Napoli or Roma
Rami (Valencia) > Milan
Taraabt (QPR) > Milan
Scuffet (Udinese) > Milan
Romulo (Fiorentina) > Verona

Dzeko should go to Borussia Dortmund to replace Robert Lewandoski. He's under-appreciated and will prove to be a great goal-scorer.

It sounds like Dortmund are potentially looking at Ciro Immobile as Lewa replacement however.

I think Dortmund are really close to signing Ciro Immobile. It's been in the press in Italy for the last few weeks, and they've also caught Dortmund execs in Turin.

I think Dortmund are really close to signing Ciro Immobile. It's been in the press in Italy for the last few weeks, and they've also caught Dortmund execs in Turin.

:CONFUSE: holy shit! juventus are letting immobile go? that's crazy!

Dzeko underperforms

...but he scores goals and important goals too.

He's probably the best rubbish player around.

how he underperforms if he scores goals and important ones too? he's one of the few in the squad with most credits for 2 EPL titles for city.

if he doesn't score, then i would call it underperforms. some city fans are far too much unfair regarding him. i see many other city players who underperfom from time to time, but they never get critics.

back to topic:

bacary sagna (arsenal) ------> mancherster city

it seems done deal, source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sagna-vers-manchester-city/467318

Last edited:
Would absolutely love Dzeko at Arsenal, but that doesn't seem realistic. Valencia would definitely make a statement by signing him, and 25M is a bargain. I agree with amineken, he's the only world class number nine in the Premier League.

How on earth can Valencia afford Dzeko ?

Peter Lim.

About Dzeko. Once one coach said there are two players on the team that can play without knowing how to play football, the gk and cf. His job is to score goals, "not play football", and he does an awesome job at that.

Dzeko isn't a very good overall player. His control, passing, awareness, workrate are all subpar, verging on the really bad. That's pretty much a constant. He's the one forward player we have that all too often breaks our attacking play.

He is a confidence player. If he is very confident his control and passing can be ok. But he loses his confidence very easily which can then effect his finishing as well. At that point he is the worst player on the pitch.

But with all that said, he does score goals throughout a season. He isn't a world class number 9. World class number 9's bring others into the player better than Dzeko. Negredo was more a world class number 9 before his injury

I'd probably take 25m for him. The thing that makes me think no is that Jovetic has been injured pretty much since he signed and Kun has had his niggling injuries. Plus Edin had a very good end to the season.

He is a very frustrating player all in all.

Valencia have money now.

Scott Sinclair > Southampton 2.5m :BOP:

Last edited:
...But with all that said, he does score goals throughout a season. He isn't a world class number 9. World class number 9's bring others into the player better than Dzeko. Negredo was more a world class number 9 before his injury ...

Not true at all. You seem to be confused.

Dzeko lacks awerness? It's more like Negredo who does. Dzeko is so much more smarter, he find free space so easily, gets about 4 or 5 more chances then Negredo on a regular basis, couple that with the fact that his both footed (unlike most players his size he can actually play football), has an absloutly crazy shooting accuracy when given the space, he's strong, got determination and really good in the air. Confidence player? The dude was a sub most of the season, didn't have any sort of faith from his managers (Both Mancio and Pells) inspite of never getting any real chances he still scored on a regular basis and did just that for two back to back seasons. Most players in the same situation would've given up a while ago.
He does have the tendency to kill play from time to time, goes dissapearing and messes up good chances. But his upsides are so many, how can you not see that?

Negredo might a more good with the ball, have better trapping ability, but he's no way on Dzeko's level. Negredo had his coach's favours, had a better link up ability because of his native tongue and still managed to throw that out. Injury my ass, he was the very same player on his return, just scored less goals. So, whos the confidence player?

Not true at all. You seem to be confused.

Dzeko lacks awerness? It's more like Negredo who does. Dzeko is so much more smarter, he find free space so easily, gets about 4 or 5 more chances then Negredo on a regular basis, couple that with the fact that his both footed (unlike most players his size he can actually play football), has an absloutly crazy shooting accuracy when given the space, he's strong, got determination and really good in the air. Confidence player? The dude was a sub most of the season, didn't have any sort of faith from his managers (Both Mancio and Pells) inspite of never getting any real chances he still scored on a regular basis and did just that for two back to back seasons. Most players in the same situation would've given up a while ago.
He does have the tendency to kill play from time to time, goes dissapearing and messes up good chances. But his upsides are so many, how can you not see that?

Negredo might a more good with the ball, have better trapping ability, but he's no way on Dzeko's level. Negredo had his coach's favours, had a better link up ability because of his native tongue and still managed to throw that out. Injury my ass, he was the very same player on his return, just scored less goals. So, whos the confidence player?

Ok, I guess I've only watched every minute of his City career unlike everyone else here.

You'll find a large section of City fans share my view.

Last edited:
That's hardly an argument and if you didn't know nowadays you can follow a player without even watching his team, there's a lot of "player versus team X" vids on YT with every single touch the player made each game.

It's your opinion, I do respect it, but it doesn't mean it's fact. Everyone is prone to being wrong, which you are in this case.

PS: No offence, but I wouldn't engage in any sort of footballing disscussion with most City fans.

So you've watched all of Dzeko's games then?

BTW, by "awareness" I meant in possession.

He gets in decent positions for tap ins so his awareness in that respect is one of his better attributes but on the ball his decision making and awareness of his teammates is too often very poor.

It's also a myth that he hasn't had chances. He's had them time after time. Under Mancini it'd go through a cycle of score off the bench, start the next few games and be terrible, drop back to the bench.
Under Pellegrini he started at first but was poor again. Negredo came in and was undroppable until he came back from a shoulder injury he sustained in the CC semi final 2nd leg.

I'm not saying he's rubbish. He scores goals but he's not world class. Maybe in highlights he might appear that way tho

So you've watched all of Dzeko's games then?

Nah, I've watched around 20 games of his this season, about 14 last year, 40 or so when he was playing for Wolfsburg and about 30 games with Bosina. I don't watch him week in and week out, yes, but I've watched frequently enough to know what he's worth.

I don't understand why you're obssesing with his team work, he's a CF ffs, he's meant to finish the plays, not start them. You focus on his weaknesses rather than his qualities. He's brilliant poacher, he knows that, and he plays his forté. That's what make him world class, his ability to make the most of his qualities. By your reasoning Klose would be just another striker...
I know you'd expect more skill with someone playing with the likes of Silva, Nasri and Agüero, but that's just not him, he's a true 9.

Back
Top Bottom