The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

The weaknesses I've mentioned are subpar for a world class 9. People are calling him a world class 9. I disagree and that's why I've concentrated on his weaknesses.

Yes some of us have been watching Dzeko consistently in his Man City days but even before that such as his stint with Wolfsburg and he is nowhere near as poor as you make him sound. He has a proven record that speaks for itself and has shown he can cut it even when facing huge competition for places and in two of the toughest leagues in the world!

He is an excellent goal-getter and clearly under-appreciated by some like you. He can cut it in almost any top level team and should perhaps move since despite important and consistent goal scoring (compared to minutes on pitch) that have brought titles, he's overlooked by some.

Yes, he's not the greatest footballer but many of the deadliest strikers in the world of football never were as others pointed out. If anything his technique and awareness are above average and better than many of those.

Last edited:
BoViE9ZCMAE1zpv.jpg

Dzeko isn't a very good overall player. His control, passing, awareness, workrate are all subpar, verging on the really bad. That's pretty much a constant. He's the one forward player we have that all too often breaks our attacking play.

He is a confidence player. If he is very confident his control and passing can be ok. But he loses his confidence very easily which can then effect his finishing as well. At that point he is the worst player on the pitch.

But with all that said, he does score goals throughout a season. He isn't a world class number 9. World class number 9's bring others into the player better than Dzeko. Negredo was more a world class number 9 before his injury

I'd probably take 25m for him. The thing that makes me think no is that Jovetic has been injured pretty much since he signed and Kun has had his niggling injuries. Plus Edin had a very good end to the season.

He is a very frustrating player all in all.

Valencia have money now.

Scott Sinclair > Southampton 2.5m :BOP:

totally disagree with you, you underate him way too much. he is not superstar striker, but he's the one with most credits for city's 2 EPL titles. not the mention he was a sub for majority of time at the club. and scoring important goals. also one of the few players in whole world scoring so many goals as a sub. only great players can do it.

and you easly forgot how he played at wolfsburg and that he brought title to that club also. subpar player? come on, it's such a silly statement.

problem is that some of man.city fans expect him to be city's cristiano ronaldo. he's not superstar, but he is very good player. and player with three titles in two of the best 3 leagues of the world.

what i don't like about him is that sometimes he looks lazy on the pitch.

Last edited:
That'd be great. All we need this summer is a Striker, a Left Back and possibly another CM and we're good to go.

totally disagree with you, you underate him way too much. he is not superstar striker, but he's the one with most credits for city's 2 EPL titles. not the mention he was a sub for majority of time at the club. and scoring important goals. also one of the few players in whole world scoring so many goals as a sub. only great players can do it.

and you easly forgot how he played at wolfsburg and that he brought title to that club also. subpar player? come on, it's such a silly statement.

problem is that some of man.city fans expect him to be city's cristiano ronaldo. he's not superstar, but he is very good player. and player with three titles in two of the best 3 leagues of the world.

what i don't like about him is that sometimes he looks lazy on the pitch.

That's silly.

Anyway, you have your opinion and that's ok but only Edin can change mine at this point.

Ramy Rabia(Al Ahly) -> Sporting CP
Quincy Promes(FC Twente) -> FC Porto
Guilherme Siqueira(SLB) - AC Milan and Internazionale
Ali Ghazal(Nacional) -> Parma FC

I think it could be quite exciting - most of Inter's old guard have left this year (Cambiasso, Milito, Samuel, Zanetti etc.), so there's room for new young faces to become part of the team.

He's (supposedly) not going to New York Red Bulls but the new team, New York City F.C.

Yep, New York City

Benatia (Roma) ---> City

Deal agreed between player and club supposedly.

Don't know much about him. Looks decent on Youtube (but then who doesn't?) :P

He had a mare defensively in the Europa final. I watched him intently because we've been linked with him in the past. Looked tidy in possession tho.

Pedro Tiba(Vitoria FC)-> SC Braga
Djavan(Académica)-> SC Braga
Andre Andre(Vitoria SC) -> Dinamo Zagreeb
Ayoub El Khaliqi(WAC Casablanca)-> Vitoria SC

Atletico have a deal with a very promising young player from San Lorenzo (Argentina), the only thing is that i forgot his name (he's 19 years old).

I guess this is a stupid/funny post...i'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom