The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Well, that's not just any player! That's the best CM in the world. It's seems that Moyes like going for big names, but it hasn't worked for him so far.

its the best time for anyone to be a united player with ease, but i doubt a high class player would go there now

I realise the glee with which people are watching our demise, but historic teams sign great players all the time. Look at Milan, or Bayern (a few years back) or even Liverpool.

It amazes me what a difference 6 months can make to perception. Football is so ridiculously short-termed for the fans, but I'd of thought players might be slightly more sensible as their careers depend on it.

Further - with specific reference to United - we've never signed big players from Europe. Tried once, got that Veron fella, went poorly. Moyes has enough valid criticism on him for how crap we're playing, but you can't level not signing great players from Italy or Spain as his failing.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with FFP. At present if you're a good player in Italy or Spain and thinking of a move, you probably want to sit tight til City, Chelsea or PSG come knocking, because you're going to get an absolutely massive payoff - certainly your club will want the largest fee. But in theory those clubs will no longer be able to buy 100m of talent every summer and sell what doesn't work out for peanuts. That should in theory bring down transfer fees and wages for everyone else, which is what is desperately needed if we want most clubs to be able to survive.

Let me put it another way. Imagine you have a desire to play in the premier league, and have the opportunity to join a team that has the largest crowds, most storied recent history and most importantly a team where you can make an immediate first team impact. Surely that counts for something?

It really doesn't matter who's interested in Vidal. He won't go unless we get an absolutely crazy offer (80m+).

Felipe Caicedo (FC Lokomotiv Moscow) ----> Al Jazira (UAE)

Almost done. Felipao great forward, but he seemed lazy in FCLM, it was evident that he does not want to play in Russia, for Ecuador NT he always played to the fullest.

Dong-Won Ji (FC Augsburg) -(end of loan)-> FC Sunderland [definitive in the summer, speculation starts here) -> Borussia Dortmund
Papiss Demba Cisse (Newcastle United) -> Borussia Mönchengladbach in exchange for Luuk de Jong
Ola John (Benfica Lisbon) -(loan)-> Hamburger SV
Pierre-Michel Lasogga (Hamburger SV) -(end of loan)-> Hertha BSC [definitive] -> VfL Wolfsburg
Ilkay Gündogan (Borussia Dortmund) -> FC Barcelona or Real Madrid in exchange for Karim Benzema and Nuri Sahin (currently only on loan at Dortmund)
Aaron Hunt (SV Werder Bremen) -> FC Southampton, Dynamo Moscow or Besiktas Istanbul
Tolgay Arslan (Hamburger SV) -> Galatasaray Istanbul
Romain Alessandrini (Stade Rennais) -> Borussia Dortmund
Dante (FC Bayern München) -> Real Madrid or Manchester City [won't happen imho]
Marco Motta (Juventus Turin) -> SV Werder Bremen
Julian Draxler (FC Schalke 04) -> FC Arsenal
Juan Mata (FC Chelsea) -> FC Bayern München
Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96) -> Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Mönchengladbach, FC Schalke 04 or SSC Napoli
Anders Lindegaard (Manchester United) -> Borussia Mönchengladbach
Oliver Baumann (SC Freiburg) -> Borussia Mönchengladbach
Yann Sommer (FC Basel) -> Borussia Mönchengladbach [Gladbach is obviously searching for a replacement for ter Stegen, who is allegedly going to Barcelona]
Marc-Oliver Kempf (Eintracht Frankfurt) -> Juventus Turin

All speculations taken from Sport1.de.

Last edited:
Think again. ;)
http://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/BVB-verpflichtet-Dong-Won-Ji

Don't really see why'd they got him, I know he's for the bench but I think they could've gotten someone better. (Diouf or Aboubakar maybe)

I think Sahin and Benzema for Gündogan would be a good deal for Borussia. They'd have two replacements. I think Sahin is good enough to replace Gündogan, and I can see Benzema doing well in this Borussia team. Would be pretty insane if they got Alessandrini too, they'd have incredibly over-powered wings then.

Elderson is ridiculous,doesn't know how to defend or attack :S

Aderlan Santos ( SC Braga ) -> AS Monaco
Rafa ( SC Braga ) -> AS Monaco
A.Carrilo ( Sporting CP ) -> Stade Rennais

guys is there any confirmation about Elias from Flamengo back to Sporting Lisbon and Adryan from Flamengo to Cagliari?

Felipe Caicedo (FC Lokomotiv Moscow) ----> Al Jazira (UAE)

Almost done. Felipao great forward, but he seemed lazy in FCLM, it was evident that he does not want to play in Russia, for Ecuador NT he always played to the fullest.

official now:

276_news.jpg

http://www.jc.ae/ar/news/football-news/al-jazira-introduces-the-two-foreign-players/

Juve, Bayern, Real, Barca, City and Arsenal wouldn't be better with him.

Mirko Vucinic (Juventus) <--> Fredy Guarin (Inter)

:TD:

Guarin has said he does not want to play for Inter anymore and will not train if he does not get the move to Juventus, after Inter's director stormed out of negotiations between Juve and Inter.

EDIT: Inter don't want the deal to go through, but now Guarín is keeping himself hostage at Juventus HQ.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom