The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Not rumoured, confirmed by him and the club. Not getting paid a penny by PSG - all funds going to a local charity in Paris.

I still love Becks. Man-crush in full swing.

Sounds like he knew what the critics would think of him joining PSG and he responded by shutting them up. I'm sure the money he is collecting through sponsorships is probably a plural of what his wages would be though.

If you're not a fan of David Beckham then you're not human.

Regardless of the celebrity side of things, he remains a bloke that simply loves playing football. So what if this wage give away is a carefully orchestrated thing by his marketing people, he doesn't actually have to do it. 99% of footballers would simply keep it and carry on getting greedier and richer (*cough* Sneijder *cough*).

My first footballing hero and still my biggest.

Madrid, Milano, LA, Paris. This fella sure knows his thing. He's always been a class act, though. One can't have a bad word about his work ethic.

If you're not a fan of David Beckham then you're not human.

Regardless of the celebrity side of things, he remains a bloke that simply loves playing football. So what if this wage give away is a carefully orchestrated thing by his marketing people, he doesn't actually have to do it. 99% of footballers would simply keep it and carry on getting greedier and richer (*cough* Sneijder *cough*).

My first footballing hero and still my biggest.
:WORSHIP:

Most boring transfer window ever.

As for Beckham, people will have a go at him for making it public that he is giving his wages to charity but imo if giving the money to charity is something that he really wants to do and not some kind of duty then I see no problem with it. One of the few (ex) United players I've never had a disliking for. Giggs was the other one (before it became known that he is an utter scumbag)

This is the single best post re: this transfer window:

Alex Ox-Chamberlain ‏@Alex_OxChambo
Does Odemwingie need a place to stay tonight?

Magnificent stuff.

When i said that it was madness, i wasn't talking about Beckham who is indeed one of the good guys.

I was talking about what is happening in Ligue 1. The good to decent teams have lost lots of players while the mega rich team has bought another star. Usually i have nothing against the sugar daddy clubs because what teams like Chelsea, City and malaga are trying to do is close an artificial and unfair gap imposed on them by the cartel that is the G14. In France PSG already is one of the big clubs. Ligue 1 will become a lopsided league with one team against the rest.
It would be an EPL with Machester City and 19 Readings...

Fair play to Beckham for giving his wages to a children's charity, but let's not forget Rooney has been giving his to the elderly for years..

When i said that it was madness, i wasn't talking about Beckham who is indeed one of the good guys.

I was talking about what is happening in Ligue 1. The good to decent teams have lost lots of players while the mega rich team has bought another star. Usually i have nothing against the sugar daddy clubs because what teams like Chelsea, City and malaga are trying to do is close an artificial and unfair gap imposed on them by the cartel that is the G14. In France PSG already is one of the big clubs. Ligue 1 will become a lopsided league with one team against the rest.
It would be an EPL with Machester City and 19 Readings...

Actually dude, PSG lost more players than any other Ligue 1 team this winter, and their only addition is Beckham (who's going to be a great deal on the economical side, but let's be honest he's not going to be that much of help on the sportive one, not with only 5 months on his hands)

Also one more thing staring next year the French league will have two ogres, Monaco's coming back with their Abramovich 2.0, so if you think that la Ligue 1 is doomed, think twice. Money is giving the big French clubs an actual chance to compete with Europe's finest, something they didn't have before, the French league was sort of an open market to other leagues (Newcastle is a recent proof of that) so rather than having their stars as targets to bigger clubs? (or richer ones in most cases), French teams will have the power to keep their starts and even go after some other ones, which's pretty great if you ask me.

Actually dude, PSG lost more players than any other Ligue 1 team this winter, and their only addition is Beckham (who's going to be a great deal on the economical side, but let's be honest he's not going to be that much of help on the sportive one, not with only 5 months on his hands)

Also one more thing staring next year the French league will have two ogres, Monaco's coming back with their Abramovich 2.0, so if you think that la Ligue 1 is doomed, think twice. Money is giving the big French clubs an actual chance to compete with Europe's finest, something they didn't have before, the French league was sort of an open market to other leagues (Newcastle is a recent proof of that) so rather than having their stars as targets to bigger clubs? (or richer ones in most cases), French teams will have the power to keep their starts and even go after some other ones, which's pretty great if you ask me.

:BOP:

Don't agree.
The players PSG "lost" are players they considered second rate.
On top of that PSG bought lots of players, but most of them (and certainly the most expensive) came from abroad (Palermo, Milan, Napoli,...). If PSG would have bought the majority of the players from other French teams, there might be some sort of (humble) redivision of the money and that isn't happening.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons why all those players go to English clubs.

About Monaco: i'm not sure they will compete and if they do, then you got Man City, Chelsea and 18 Readings...not a big difference...

But I don't think this was due to a lack of money. German clubs for example aren't allowed to be taken over by rich individuals and can't act that aggressive on the transfer market. Instead, they focussed on the young players in the last years and the good results came automatically without anyone buying big stars from other leagues. The were no international cup winners so far, no doubt, but I think the Bundesliga is one of, if not, the most competitive and attractive football league in the world right now, because the teams are all playing on a very high level and don't have such differences between the best and the worst teams like it's the case in some other leagues.

Last edited:
City are also willing to trigger the clause. I think they will take him with Balotelli and Tevez leaving.

André Santos Arsenal >> Grêmio

Hernan Barcos Palmeiras >> Grêmio | in exchange for:

Vilson Grêmio >> Palmeiras
Marco Antonio Grêmio >> Palmeiras
Leo Gago Grêmio >> Palmeiras
Marcelo Moreno Grêmio >> Palmeiras
Leandro Grêmio >> Palmeiras

Last edited:
Apparently, all of them... Moreno's father says he's staying and Leandro is going on a loan till December. Still rumours yet to be confirmed till the end of this Friday.

Back
Top Bottom