The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Lamah (Ossasuna) ---> Swansea (on loan for 18 months with an option to buy him). It's official but i can't be arsed to search a link...

Nenê (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.) --------> (Al-Gharafa Sports Club) Almost all done :DOH:

Last edited:
According to L'Equipe (website), Guardiola will be the new Bayern Munchen coach from june on.

Look like deal is done
official soon
contract until 2016. Jupp will leave at end od seasson
3,w=993,c=0.bild.jpeg

he's lucky, he only manges big teams with superstars then they call him a great coach ..
look at Arrigo Sacchi for example, he started with local teams, then Fiorentina youth then Parma who were in Serie C1. He got Parma promoted in his first season, and the following season took them to within 3 points of the Serie A.
then he became a legend with Milan ..
that's the greatness, it must be achieved through difficult challenges ..

but, now, f#$k the media ..

he's lucky, he only manges big teams with superstars then they call him a great coach ..
look at Arrigo Sacchi for example, he started with local teams, then Fiorentina youth then Parma who were in Serie C1. He got Parma promoted in his first season, and the following season took them to within 3 points of the Serie A.

And why is this Pep's fault? He made it through La Masia, he it made it to the first team, he earned his starting position, he earned the captaincy, he earned the personal and collective accolades he and his teammates won. He then earned his coaching badges and therefore earned the right to coach the Barcelona B. He then earned the right to be promoted to manager of the first team because of his outstanding playing career and because Barcelona have (since Cruyff) sought to hire managers who embody their philosophy.

Remember, he still had a lot of work to do to mold Barcelona into his team. He had to get results after two nearly trophy-less seasons. He had to make the tough decision to move on without a perennial World Player of the Year candidate in Ronaldinho. He still had to bring through players such as Piqué, Busquets, and Pedro. How is that easy? He has earned all of his success and he has done it in a humble way. So as far as I'm concerned, he has definitely earned the right to coach another European heavyweight.

If this would have been a former Real Madrid star, you would say that he was the greatest coach ever.
One can also argue that to coach big teams with superstars one needs man management skills, Pep never had the troubles Mourinho has now at another big Spanish club for example...

he managed Barca B team and did good with them i think.. you can say what you just did, but managing a team of superstars is sometimes much harder than any other job..top teams need top managers or at least someone who can deal with big pressure..

Guardiola for me achieved big things in Barca, but he had Barca players who have some mentality different to Bayern players maybe or different style.. so i don´t think he will repeat what he did with Barca..but maybe i´m wrong..

good luck to him.. and i hope Heynckes get a good job after Bayern as well.

I think Bayern and Barca are two completely different clubs, their closest gap might be the level of their teams, but also here Barca has much more potential and Bayern(and with the exception of Real and maybe those clubs like City and PSG) is "smaller" than Barca. He will have a tough time at the beginning, but I am sure he'll be able to gain success with Bayern.

@PIPA: Heynckes said he'll retire after this season and so he might end on a high.

Last edited:
i didn´t know that, makes even more sence to me now as i think Bayern wouldn´t just sack him after pretty good season..

anyway, i think Bayern is exactly the club to challenge Pep and his abilities.. becouse it will be interesting to see how he can adapt the Barca DNA to Bayern players in current team and perhaps the youngsters in second team now... I think Bayern is one of top clubs with great structure, he will not regret signing for them i believe...however i don´t know how Schalke fans will react to Raul being his assistent... ;)

i didn´t know that, makes even more sence to me now as i think Bayern wouldn´t just sack him after pretty good season..

anyway, i think Bayern is exactly the club to challenge Pep and his abilities.. becouse it will be interesting to see how he can adapt the Barca DNA to Bayern players in current team and perhaps the youngsters in second team now... I think Bayern is one of top clubs with great structure, he will not regret signing for them i believe...however i don´t know how Schalke fans will react to Raul being his assistent... ;)

Raul will be his assistent? Where was this confirmed?

Jupp didnt want extend contract because he want retire.
Pep agen confirmed that Raul will not be his assistent.

Pep going to Bayern is surprising at first glance but it is a safe option for him and his CV

yeah thats it , after what he have done with Barca , bayern can be best team for him , he cant go at chelsea with EPL teams like city , united , arsenal , liverpool , tottenham everton ... its always hard to win there , so going to bayern with only BVB rival (still bayern has lot more money and more players) its best option for him , than after 2016 he can look for some more challanges and dangerous work , hes to young to destroy himself ;)

Yea bayern allways won BL... thats why BL have most diffrent clubs who won league in last 10 years... thats why they one only one in last 4 years... dont post stupid things if you dont follow league.

yeah thats it , after what he have done with Barca , bayern can be best team for him , he cant go at chelsea with EPL teams like city , united , arsenal , liverpool , tottenham everton ... its always hard to win there , so going to bayern with only BVB rival (still bayern has lot more money and more players) its best option for him , than after 2016 he can look for some more challanges and dangerous work , hes to young to destroy himself ;)

you are wrong i think mate.. Bayern are well run club, that´s the bigest difference, they TRUST their managers and have a great team phylosophy, a family like place.. Munich is a great City and Guardiola certainly has more than BVB to win against... especially Bayern need CL win...after being in final two times for past few years... he would be crazy to work under the Sheiks or Abramovich... he has choosed best option there is imo... the Bundesliga is underrated and very stable league with full stadiums and great atmosphere...it is very safe league, the fans are well behaved most of the time... he did choose the best club he could.

To jihado:
Pep Guardiola started with a "local team". He managed Barca B from Spanish Third Division to Second Division in his first career. You said he was lucky because Barca had more top-class players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc... But they had "no title" in 2007 and 2008 did you know? Then Pep was a best choice of Laporta to manage FC Barcelona. Then he won 14 titles in four years, to be one of the best football club in the football history in my opinion.

Next season, he will have a new challenge, a new league, a new club. I hope he will success with Bayern. Good luck, Pep!

you are wrong i think mate.. Bayern are well run club, that´s the bigest difference, they TRUST their managers and have a great team phylosophy, a family like place.. Munich is a great City and Guardiola certainly has more than BVB to win against... especially Bayern need CL win...after being in final two times for past few years... he would be crazy to work under the Sheiks or Abramovich... he has choosed best option there is imo... the Bundesliga is underrated and very stable league with full stadiums and great atmosphere...it is very safe league, the fans are well behaved most of the time... he did choose the best club he could.

Good post Pipa, completely agree.

well I dont mean bundessliga is easy at all , but as you said pression can be huge under teams like city and chelsea , also to be honest bayern has far more players than other teams even than BVB (all tho they play great together and are very good team) but Bayern is team that has money always spend on player and they are always favorite , yeah I know stadiums and fans are great there , best in europe I think so its good and more safe place to be for him !

Víctor Valdés ---> Bayern München
LOL, what's the source?
Neuer is better than Valdes practically in every aspect of the game.

EDIT: it seems press went crazy after Guardiola announcement, there is also a rumor about Busquets to Bayern.
Thanks to rubbish press, we will see romors about Bayern every day.

{every player in the world} -> Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Bayern

Last edited:

I don't know why people a lumping in City and Mansour with Chelsea and Abramovich. Completely different setup and outlook. The heirachy at City think long term and any manager who goes there will get time.

Haïdara (Nancy) --> Newcastle
Kaka (Real Madrid) --> Milan (on loan)
Capoue (Toulouse) --> Bayern Munchen
Robles (Atletico Madrid) --> Wigan (on loan)
Isimat Mirin (Valenciennes) --> Lille
Belhanda (Montpellier) --> Inter
Lampard (Chelsea) --> LA Galaxy (summer)
Saponara (Empoli) --> Milan (summer)
John Guidetti (Man City) --> Malaga, Toulouse, Sevilla or AS Roma (on loan)
Llorente (Athletic de Bilbao) --> Juventus

Back
Top Bottom