The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Having Microsoft news, spam me with crap ads....
I am thinking because of my recent research and love for the Guinness, coupled with my "Horticultural" liking, they maybe thinking i am an Irish farmer? :THINK:

Untitled.jpg:D

I hate it when you crave cereal, and you pour your cereal into your bowl, and there is no frigging milk. I swear I feel like throwing my cereal bowl at the wall every single time, because that either means i have to go to the corner shop, whe the old lady at the counter gives me weird looks, or take out the milk from the freezer that has been there for like 3 weeks and wait like a day for it to thaw. :CURSE:

I hate it when you crave cereal, and you pour your cereal into your bowl, and there is no frigging milk. I swear I feel like throwing my cereal bowl at the wall every single time, because that either means i have to go to the corner shop, whe the old lady at the counter gives me weird looks, or take out the milk from the freezer that has been there for like 3 weeks and wait like a day for it to thaw. :CURSE:

I am sorry you had to go through this. Good luck tomorrow :))

:LMAO:

On the topic of cereal, I bought some golden nuggets which I haven't had since I was about five so about ten years ago. Imagine my disappointment up on opening said package, till little balls of barely sweet balls instead of the overly sweet massive nugget that could have given me diabetes.

I blame you snowflake millennial twits.

On the topic of cereal, I bought some golden nuggets which I haven't had since I was about five so about ten years ago. Imagine my disappointment up on opening said package, till little balls of barely sweet balls instead of the overly sweet massive nugget that could have given me diabetes.

I blame you snowflake millennial twits.
Your grandchild is going to grow up in a world where she'll never be able to taste Golden Nuggets as they should be. Isn't that sick?

The sugar tax has really ruined some of the best treats you could buy.

Tim Horton's did a French vanilla latté that was the best thing in liquid form that I've ever tasted. It was unbelievable, like some kind of creamy hot vanilla milkshake-coffee.

I was looking forward to it so much the other month, and it's totally ruined now. Just watered down to fuck. Ruined my whole day.

Nobody's having shit like that every day FFS. Give us our treats back.

till little balls of barely sweet balls instead of the overly sweet massive nugget that could have given me diabetes
I had similar experience with chocolate bars. And bars of chocolate.
It got to the point where I was wondering
"Did they got smaller, or they just seemed ginormous coz I was small...?"
Pricks are shrinking all our food!

Read all this after seeing some TLC programme on a 675 pound bird ,couldn't even get inside a mini van.
"I'll have nr 2 and 3 both super sized with a large Oreo milkshake"
I'm for sugar and crap tax all day long.
If my snickers cost me €3 I won't buy it and I'm fine with that.

Read all this after seeing some TLC programme on a 675 pound bird ,couldn't even get inside a mini van.
The problem is, the tax means they change the products so that the price doesn't change - meaning you might have a favourite drink / food that just goes away overnight.

I wouldn't mind the tax so much if I could just pay more to get the same thing, but I can't. Not in the UK anyway.

The problem is, the tax means they change the products so that the price doesn't change - meaning you might have a favourite drink / food that just goes away overnight.

I wouldn't mind the tax so much if I could just pay more to get the same thing, but I can't. Not in the UK anyway.
Im more for a tax for the company's making crap food like McDonald's etc.
I get that you want a treat that you've always had in the past , absolutely!
No harm in producing that
More for punishing these companies ,quite often making shit food very very cheap.
I'll bet you there's people who can't eat with a fork and knife since they only eat crappy MCD etc.

Chocolate bars been tiny for years! Nothing to do with sugar tax!
We've been betrayed!

While Im in Things that piss me off thread...

Just heard on the news that Mark Zuckewhateverhisnameis will have an official announcement on future of facebook.. on official news.
Oh and apparently his main focus is VR.
So yeah, if society wasnt bad enough, the future looks bleak...
group-of-people-using-virtual-reality-headset-at-exhibition-event.jpg

We've been betrayed!

Just heard on the news that Mark Zuckewhateverhisnameis will have an official announcement on future of facebook.. on official news.
this must be the social distancing they talk about... 🤭

We've been betrayed!

I'd say "finally I don't have to face people IRL"
IMG_20211026_140626.jpg

Doesn't quite count as shrinkflation but I can't believe how much beer is getting weaker. Most seem to have lost 0.5-1% ABV over the last 10-15 years while prices go up.
Goes hand in hand with me buying weaker beer nowadays.
3.5% is my sweet spot ,or even weaker when doing stuff that requires me to be "not fucked up" (like having 3-4 beers while skating)

I had similar experience with chocolate bars. And bars of chocolate.
It got to the point where I was wondering
"Did they got smaller, or they just seemed ginormous coz I was small...?"
Pricks are shrinking all our food!

I swear it was a hard work to finish a mars bar when I was a kid. They were enormous.

Or Big Mac, Fries and a diet coke.

Thing is massively overweight people will continue to be massively overweight. Sugar tax isn't going to stop them.

Thing is massively overweight people will continue to be massively overweight. Sugar tax isn't going to stop them.
True ,but maybe slim (pun intended) down the nr of people becoming massively overweight?
Or at least trim (pun intended) down money made by those companies?

Most health issues stem from societal failings. We've made ourselves so time-poor that we're slaves to convenience which has affected diet. Business has met that demand/desire and it's spiralled out of control. Knowledge is also diminishing, so even if people do have time to cook they barely know how. Sure there are all the books, TV shows and YouTube videos you need, but does that function in a busy home environment?

Controversial topic and obviously doesn't cover single-parent families but are we missing homemakers? Not for a second saying we go back to the 50s but when I see some of my mates with kids and their day to day lives it just baffles me. Shove their kids into massively expensive childcare so they both work meaningless jobs (like mine - most jobs just exist to keep people busy IMO (sources: general observations, LinkedIn)), pick up the kids, go home, order in food. Rinse and repeat. Some even have cleaners and gardeners to plug the gaps.

Slash those meaningless jobs, one parent goes to work, the other stays at home to clean, cook, and look after the kids. Was that a worse system? It's how I was brought up and felt it really benefitted me. Hopefully greater shift to homeworking and the eradication of the commute helps to some extent, long term.

God I feel so dirty advocating a reversal of culture change generally perceived as progressive. Makes me feel like one of 'them'. I know we're supposed to be apolitical here so I'll hide the identity. What I mean is a member of the Ponservative Carty.

----

How the Xbox controller still uses AA batteries. You're Microsoft for fuck's sake, and it's 2021.

Most health issues stem from societal failings. We've made ourselves so time-poor that we're slaves to convenience which has affected diet. Business has met that demand/desire and it's spiralled out of control. Knowledge is also diminishing, so even if people do have time to cook they barely know how. Sure there are all the books, TV shows and YouTube videos you need, but does that function in a busy home environment?

Controversial topic and obviously doesn't cover single-parent families but are we missing homemakers? Not for a second saying we go back to the 50s but when I see some of my mates with kids and their day to day lives it just baffles me. Shove their kids into massively expensive childcare so they both work meaningless jobs (like mine - most jobs just exist to keep people busy IMO (sources: general observations, LinkedIn)), pick up the kids, go home, order in food. Rinse and repeat. Some even have cleaners and gardeners to plug the gaps.

Slash those meaningless jobs, one parent goes to work, the other stays at home to clean, cook, and look after the kids. Was that a worse system? It's how I was brought up and felt it really benefitted me. Hopefully greater shift to homeworking and the eradication of the commute helps to some extent, long term.

God I feel so dirty advocating a reversal of culture change generally perceived as progressive. Makes me feel like one of 'them'. I know we're supposed to be apolitical here so I'll hide the identity. What I mean is a member of the Ponservative Carty.

----

How the Xbox controller still uses AA batteries. You're Microsoft for fuck's sake, and it's 2021.

The thing is why should that view be controversial? This is indicative of the you can't have a contrary opinion culture now though in that you feel dirty to express something that actually is perfectly fine if that's what a couple should choose to do. Why should it be seen as wrong or old fashioned? It's their choice. Why should people be made to feel bad for having a different opinion? I was brought up in the same environment as you and at no point did it ever make me think or believe women were some kind of inferior species or that it was their 'job' which seems to be the main reason it is looked down upon now. Besides which it doesn't matter which partner is the homemaker.

I can only imagine how bad it must be for kids who hardly see their parents and in many cases don't spend any quality time with them when they do. Also as you mentioned with the food and diets nowadays. I assume it was similar for you as well in that it was home cooked meals every day, take aways were a treat, not a staple part of the diet.

I don't think there's any doubt that a child growing up in a family who actually pay attention to the child and spend time with them is going to have a better chance of a happy childhood than one whose parents are too busy (or not fit for purpose, but that's another topic entirely) and spend less time with them than other people do. I know I am perhaps one of the lucky ones but my childhood was full of so many happy memories with parents and siblings and that was in no small part down to growing up in that kind of environment. For a society that is so hell bent in finding offence in everything it's funny how it is also one that is happy to be offensive to anyone who doesn't agree with their view.

Its a mad cycle.
Women (rightly so) would also like to have some sort of a career. For a lot of them - work, while being a mother, is their social life. So I get it.
But women (unfortunately) rarely earn enough to keep the family going. So men work too. There's also this weird assumption that men arent made to be staying home parent. So they work.
Children end up in day care. Parents quite often are not even too busy to spend time with children after work, but simply - too tired.

----

Well said ,agree on all Flip.
Ps I love using batteries in my XB controller ,just toss them in the ocean when spent.
Win win etc.

Joking ofc.
I use Microsoft charge and play kit fo my controllers ,which should be standard ,prefer having a removable battery pack rather than a built in one

"Twenty is Plenty" all well and good, designed so away fans don't pay more than £20 for away tickets at Premier League games.

Meanwhile we still pay around £25 for a ticket for an away game in League One. :ROLL: £5 more to watch third tier football. Seriously?

20 should be reasonable ,25 is more than we pay as well.
I have mates that support malmo (fucking idiot's) and their CL tickets have been pricey as hell ,they're forced to buy a package deal (two home games or non at all) at 100-150 (ish depending on exchange rate).
Global football ey ,kinda glad I'm not part of that

"Twenty is Plenty" all well and good, designed so away fans don't pay more than £20 for away tickets at Premier League games.

Meanwhile we still pay around £25 for a ticket for an away game in League One. :ROLL: £5 more to watch third tier football. Seriously?

A pal of mine did a study for uni about the relationship between the price of tickets and attendances. Unfortunately with football fans - certainly in Scotland - it's a case of 'if you're gonna go you're gonna go'. Price points have to be exceptionally high to make a significant number of regulars stay away, and exceptionally low to lure lapsed or new fans in. As a result, clubs screw you over.

Premier League is a law unto itself. Didn't a study show that almost half the teams in the league could survive financially with no matchday income? Whereas lower down the chain it's a different world. Scottish football relies more than any other country in Europe on people through the turnstiles, such is the state of the commercial and TV deals. And you're lucky to get an adult ticket for under £25 in any top flight game. For away fans it's often a piss in the ocean to a massively expensive day of travel and... refreshments.

Back
Top Bottom