The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Jacqui Oatley commentating on Match Of The Day again. Birmingham v Man City has been ruined, I've got to watch it with the sound off.

I thought they'd thrown her out, but no, she's still there with her "WEEWEEWEEWEE SUN JIHAI WEEWEEWEEWEE CHINESE INTERNATIONAL WEEWEEWEEWEE NERVOUS HAR HAR WEEWEEWEEWEE SQUEAKSHEFFREYWEEWEEWEE!!!!!"

Someone fucking shoot her.

I can't stand her either - she sounds like shes trying too hard, and it comes across really fake. Oh and she has no excitement at all in her voice. 'ohh is that a goal, yes it is a goal, one nil to newcastle' - i prefer ex robot wars, Jonathan Pearce with his 'here comes zola... ZOLA SHOOTS... ZOOOOOLLAAAAAA GOOOAAALLLL ... ZOLA ZOLA ZOLA ZOLA!'

Jacqui Oatley commentating on Match Of The Day again. Birmingham v Man City has been ruined, I've got to watch it with the sound off.

I thought they'd thrown her out, but no, she's still there with her "WEEWEEWEEWEE SUN JIHAI WEEWEEWEEWEE CHINESE INTERNATIONAL WEEWEEWEEWEE NERVOUS HAR HAR WEEWEEWEEWEE SQUEAKSHEFFREYWEEWEEWEE!!!!!"

I just watched MOTD from last night and was thinking the same all the way through that match. I couldnt concentrate on the game because she was distracting me with her monotonous ramblings.

She's basically ripping off another commentators style (I cant think who) but doing it very badly.

Every single incident is along the lines of..
"And McSheffrey the *insert pointless fact* misses with what would have been *insert second pointless fact*."

And she doesnt ever sound excited when something happens, she just talks slightly louder.

JB = give me a weapon and an alibi and i'll gladly dispose of her.

I'll put it in with your Caption Competition prize.

You were with me all night that night, we were playing FIFA and laughing like we were children again.

The guy on those bank ads, i think his name is will - where his boss and the bosses arse kicker are suggesting ways of screwing the banks customers over and he looks on frustrated.... yet 6 months + on and he's still working for them!!
:lol:

I just watched MOTD from last night and was thinking the same all the way through that match. I couldnt concentrate on the game because she was distracting me with her monotonous ramblings.

She's basically ripping off another commentators style (I cant think who) but doing it very badly.

"And McSheffrey the *insert pointless fact* misses with what would have been *insert second pointless fact*."

And she doesnt ever sound excited when something happens, she just talks slightly louder.

AGREED, Watched it this morning and into the first minute of the match i had to forward it onto the end it was that annoying!

Jane Horrocks voice

She does the Tesco adverts, the recycle adverts, she provides the voice for someone on Fifi and the flowertots and now ive noticed a voice similar in everybody's golf.

I hate her voice so much - it puts me off recycling and every stepping near a tescos

--

Jo Whiley

She's a misserable cow - Chris Moyals will over run on his show by 30 seconds so she'll have a strop at him --- or she'll have a guest in the studio live, and as they're talking she'll speak over them at a million miles an hour telling them 'we don't have time for that, but heres a clip from the interview with the foo fighters where i, jo whiley interviewed the foo fighting... that's me... not you.. me... i met dave and we're in love!'

Add to that

The fact that she thinks she personally discovered every new band & is the reason for their subsequent rise to fame.

The way she inhales through her teeth in a 'shhhhh' kind of way, and says 'errrr' between every word.

And a few weeks ago after spurs beat arsenal she spent 15 minutes on the phone, live on air talking to her fcking dad - basically laughing at the arsenal fans --- and then when a few people phoned in asking what that was all about - she told them to 'grow up, it was only a bit of fun'

Speak to your stupid meaningless dad off the air you tit! What the hell made you think anyone in the world would give a crap what your old man thought of the result?

The new sugar puffs advert with the crappy rapping song - what the fuck is that shit all about? If i ever see a sugar puff monster anywhere ill kill the bastard after that ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLXMxU-FC1E

Last edited:
Jane Horrocks voice

She does the Tesco adverts, the recycle adverts, she provides the voice for someone on Fifi and the flowertots and now ive noticed a voice similar in everybody's golf.

I hate her voice so much - it puts me off recycling and every stepping near a tescos

Her mum and dad live about 3 doors up from me. :-pp

Just watched match of the day and she sounds like a little Boy that has won a competition!!! Really rubbish.

Stop giving the woman a hard time, she just started commentating about last year or something. She's probably just nervous or something.

If the BBC continuing giving her more matches to commentate on the MOTD, she'll improve and find her own style of commentating eventually.

Just watched match of the day and she sounds like a little Boy that has won a competition!!! Really rubbish.
HAHA! Maybe that's what happened, maybe she's not Jacqui and he's wee Jackie!

"Aye I'm pleased to be here today like!"

Jacqui Oatley (born 1975 in Codsall, South Staffordshire near Wolverhampton[1]) is an English football commentator, notable for being the first female football commentator on the BBC One programme Match of the Day.[2]

After wanting to play football professionally, Oatley graduated with a degree in German from the University of Leeds in 1996. After spending a year travelling the world, she moved to London to work in intellectual property as a Sales and Marketing Manager at Netsearchers International Ltd.[3] While playing amateur football, Oatley sustained a dislocated knee cap and ruptured ligaments, which resulted in a reconstruction operation and ten months recovering on crutches.

Oatley decided to retrain as a journalist, studying print journalism at evening classes while broadcasting on hospital radio. She then gave up her job and flat, and undertook a post graduate course in journalism at Sheffield University. While studying she joined BBC Radio Leeds as a sports reporter, and after graduation joined them full time, making her first commentary on a match between Wakefield & Emley versus Worksop Town in the Unibond League.

Oatley returned to the West Midlands to report and commentate for BBC WM, and then transferred to BBC London 94.9.[3][4] She joined BBC Radio Five Live in 2003, and made her debut as a commentator and the first woman to commentate on a football match on British network radio in 2005 covering the England women’s internationals at the 2005 UEFA Women's Championship. Her subsequent interview with UEFA President Lennart Johansson became an international news story due to his controversial comments on women’s football.[5]

Oatley became the first female football commentator in the history of BBC football programme Match of the Day,[2] with her debut broadcast on 21 April 2007 for the Premier League match between Fulham F.C. and Blackburn Rovers F.C.[6] Her performance on the programme was criticised by viewers, several of which wrote letters to the BBC requesting her dismissal.[7] Some rival commentators have complained that Oatley had "leapfrogged" them because the BBC wanted a female commentator for "novelty value."

A lifelong Wolverhampton Wanderers supporter,[9] Oatley lives in West London.

oatley_468x712.jpg

What the hell is that, a new term for minging? Minging's only been in for a few months!

I would discuss football with her, I would have sex with her, but I wouldn't listen to her screaming in a monotone voice - either about the football or in bed, because she's just trying to sound good and informative and interesting when she's not. She sounds like she's reading what to say off a piece of paper.

I used to work in Park Cakes in Bolton - and to cut to the chase the cakes they made would all be made using the same ingredients and end up in the same ovens and on the same conveyor belts and mauled by the same plebs... but then when they came to packing they would be split into groups.

The first say 500 would go into Asda packaging, then next 500 into M&S, the next 500 into someone else and so on

The scummy shits running the place would also regularly bring stock back from the warehouse next to the production line building and unpack the cakes to be re packed with new best before dates and if needed different packaging to complete orders.

Yet whenever I tell this story to anyone who tells me that they only shop at M&S because you can tell they use better quality ingredients than whoever - they will call me a lier!

Get on my tits!

Oh fuckin hell her voice did my nut in! She CAN NOT commentate to save her sweet little life!!

Back
Top Bottom