The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

pearl-jam-backspacer-artwork.jpg

I've hammered this album since I got it, with my initial feelings of it being not too bad with a couple of good songs, to now feeling it gets better each time and the album is incredible. Pretty much love every song now and it's up there with my best albums of the year, easily.

I played through it last night, watched every cutscene, collected every weapon and item, saw almost every easter egg and extra little bit included in the game.

It's still just as good as I remember when I first got it. The gameplay is perfect (far better than any MGS since), the storyline is perfect, the setting is more than perfect (Shadow Moses must be one of the greatest locations for any game ever), the characters and acting are superb and the boss battles are brilliant.

Snakes finest hour by miles.

I figured I'll just continue through the series so I started MGS2 before, and I can't even be bothered to kill Olga on the tanker.

I prefer MGS 2 - the only game I can truly say I lost track of time playing. However for the ps1 MGS was utterly superb - I have to agree, considering the limitations of the time.

I've just started replaying Bioshock again on the hardest difficulty, I am DETERMINED to get all of the achievements. It'll be the first non-Arcade game I'll have got all the achievements on, if I can manage it.

Playing it again just confirms in my mind it's one of the best games I've ever played in my life, it's up there with Oddworld and SWOS for me. Genius.

I just wish they'd do a book or a film of it...

Just booked a flight to Zaragoza to see my mate who's gone over there due to his Uni course and I only paid £20 return and that came with no taxes and free web check-in! Just a shame the flight departs from Stansted rather than Manchester or even East Midlands :(

EDIT: Ryanair just hit me with a £10 Card processing fee FFS!

Last edited:
I played through it last night, watched every cutscene, collected every weapon and item, saw almost every easter egg and extra little bit included in the game.

It's still just as good as I remember when I first got it. The gameplay is perfect (far better than any MGS since), the storyline is perfect, the setting is more than perfect (Shadow Moses must be one of the greatest locations for any game ever), the characters and acting are superb and the boss battles are brilliant.

Snakes finest hour by miles.

I figured I'll just continue through the series so I started MGS2 before, and I can't even be bothered to kill Olga on the tanker.

maybe your too young to remember but the original metal gear on the nintendo was the shit too

Playing FIFA BAP:S, making my Spurs first team debut in the centre of midfield, scoring with a 25 yard weak foot shot against Man Utd at Old Trafford :BOP:

Edit: And then despite me scoring the winning goal, I'm in the reserves for the next game :CENSOR:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this is actually from my town. On the 'four acre estate' in Clock Face.

The accent sounds about right if I'm honest, and the general twattishness looks about right as well.

I linked to it on Facebook, so if it gets around and gets back to him, I'm fucked, I don't know martial arts :P

Apparently this is actually from my town. On the 'four acre estate' in Clock Face.

The accent sounds about right if I'm honest, and the general twattishness looks about right as well.

I linked to it on Facebook, so if it gets around and gets back to him, I'm fucked, I don't know martial arts :P

Clock Face :D

I work pretty close to there I think, first time I saw the sign I burst out laughing :LOL: Yep, childish I know :)

Getting 6.5k in P/x for a Focus that I paid 4k for in the first place and Getting a brand new 59 reg 1.9CDTI SRI Astra XP that is normally 21k, for 12k and with the p/x I only have to pay roughly about 6k,

Back
Top Bottom