The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

...Mock the week annoys me and it's scripted to the point where it's kinda painful to watch parts. Like the random rounds where Hugh and Frankie will do a 'i'll say one thing and he will say what i'm actually meaning' - they'll act like they're surprised to hear what the task is, and then launch into a script and then get points... and then they move on - so the round is just an excuse to give their team points each week?

I do like Frankie though, funny, funny guy. Sometimes I'll watch the show and be so frustrated by how Dara scores. There will be no contribution whatsoever by one team and all contribution by the other but Dara will still give the points to the team with less contribution to even the points out.

That's a great show.
Do you mean Andy Parsons? I think he's quite good if a little shouty, definately a hell of a lot better than Gina Yashere. Her jokes are lame, so she resorts to doing African accents.
Hugh Dennis is my favourite on it though.

Thats the thing though - alot of Black comedians in the mid nineties got away with just doing the West Indian/Caribbean/African Accents which would get an instant laugh back then.

Its like the 'Comedian' Junior Simpson - His whole routines were based on his mother etc and he used to do the accent.

I hadn't seen him for years until this years Big Brother and he was a guest on Little Brother. I said to my Wife (Who didn't know him at all) "I bet he starts doing an impression of his Mum in a West Indian Accent"

Literally 5 seconds later he did it!!!! This must be some 8 years since I last saw him and he continues to do the same thing!!!

Although in saying that - everybody in the studio was laughing. So Maybe I am the only one that thinks its not funny anymore.

But its like old Singers - the majority of them like 30-40years later still have the same hair cut. I think it is so people recognise them today and reminds them of their glory days. I think it is the same for these comedians, it used to be their funniest routine and they have failed to progress and evolve their comedy. Its a bit Like Harry Enfield today, Still bringing out the same Humour he did in the mid to late nineties and it just isn't funny anymore!!!

Police nicking the idiot in the Porsche who got right up my arse while I was overtaking doing ninety on the M62, who was on his mobile phone and then ignored my wave and flash as I had spotted the patrol car up ahead hiding behind the bridge.
The idiot then sped up to at least 120 before finally seeing said police car and anchoring on like an prat in a ploom of smoke and almost hitting the middle barrier and then veering back into the middle lane... :ROLL:

I do like Frankie though, funny, funny guy. Sometimes I'll watch the show and be so frustrated by how Dara scores. There will be no contribution whatsoever by one team and all contribution by the other but Dara will still give the points to the team with less contribution to even the points out.

Surely you realise the points are basically irrelevant to the show and he just gives them to whoever (hence the round where only Frankie and Hugh who are on the same team partake)?!? It's not really a competitive quiz, it's supposed to make you laugh, not annoy you because you feel the scoring is done badly :LOL: I'm sure he's even made a joke about the e-mails he gets complaining about it once?

Anyway, I agree about Michael McIntyre being great. We saw him on one of those late night comedy store things on Paramount comedy about a year and a half ago and he was brilliant, it's a shame he doesn't seem to write new jokes a lot though, he seems to do the same load on every show he goes on for a while then gets some new material and does the same with that. Still funny though, I suppose most comedians are the same.

And Hugh Dennis gets on my nerves, he's got such a smug face and I dont find him that funny. The bit mentioned above with Frankie is crap as well, it's always like George Bush doing the speech so every returned line is just making him sound dumb, its so predictable. And Chris you know how much I hate Bush jokes. :LOL:

Last edited:
Official Puss3 one, I've tried it tonight and it's great! Deffo recommended, you can use it with your phone too. Some people say the earpiece is a bit big but I think it's comfy. :)

Saw Michael McIntyre hosting Live At The Apollo the other night, he is brilliant. "You see people training to flip to the index at the back of the Argos catalogues, hiiiyahhh!" :D

I've never been in this thread before but I came in and wanted to post this exact same thing! :APPLAUD:

I hope Jonathan Ross doesn't come back to the BBC and McIntyre gets to keep the Friday night slot!

They've got Al Murray hosting tonight's show, with two relatively unknown acts (Shappi Khorsandi & Russell Kane, who?), so I'm not too bothered if I miss it this week...

I'm hoping Lee Mack, Jason Manford, Sean Locke & Marcus Brigstock make appearances in the next few weeks. Their previous Apollo shows were quite good...

Edit: Lee Mack's old show is on Dave at 9.40pm tonight if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
McDonald's need to bring back the Big Tasty's and stop fuicking around taking them off and putting them back on the menus randomly

I'd fucking love a McDonalds. Dammit. All them tasty burgers and McNuggets zommmggggg yes. I know there's one around here somewhere but I cannot for the love of God find it, not even on google maps, but there's litter from McDonalds all over the place on this street so it's got to be nearby...

I'm goingto McDonalds tonight at around 8 O 'clock :))

I'm not a great fan - but I do fancy it for some reason.

Big Mac for the Bobby!!!!

Mates are trying to convince me to go to Maccies right now, and I'm sorely bloody tempted.

Oh yeah, three excellent things.

Kopparberg Mixed Fruits cider.

Dead Rising on 360

Gaming with mates.

Mates are trying to convince me to go to Maccies right now, and I'm sorely bloody tempted.

Oh yeah, three excellent things.

Kopparberg Mixed Fruits cider.

Dead Rising on 360

Gaming with mates.

You let yourself down with Mixed Fruits Cider

Back
Top Bottom