The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

mattmid

International
15 December 2011
I put this in a spoiler in case anybody might not want to know a result from the Olympics earlier

It's great we won Gold in the diving. Great effort by Sterling, narrowly beating Neymar who had to settle for the Silver...

Buzzy

Evoweb Jester/Stadboardmaker.
14 December 2006
Cyberspace
Liverpool
I can't really see him saying he doesn't like anything he eats.
Its a shame because i had a good response to that (funny). But the good side of me holds me back....As i have been watching him for some time, and learned that a few months back, he lost his missus. Now he is looking after the kids. (apparently he takes some of it home for the kids and the cameraman (sometimes) gets some. The cameraman is an unsung hero, does some very funny editing. :))

Buzzy

14 December 2006
Cyberspace
Liverpool
I have just reminded myself that i meant to post this a few days back. For anyone that's interested it's about my forefathers. @Flipper the Priest i will be on the 13.00 to Aberdeen, to plot the downfall of the monarchy over a few pints of Tennant's. Meet me at the station, i will be the one wearing a kilt and sporran. singing Flower of Scotland in an english accent. :TU:

jaygrim

TheAllSeeingEye
26 July 2005
Everywhere.
Man Utd
Its a shame because i had a good response to that (funny). But the good side of me holds me back....As i have been watching him for some time, and learned that a few months back, he lost his missus. Now he is looking after the kids. (apparently he takes some of it home for the kids and the cameraman (sometimes) gets some. The cameraman is an unsung hero, does some very funny editing. :))
You gonna set up a just giving page up for him?

rockstrongo

Golden Boot Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
I put this in a spoiler in case anybody might not want to know a result from the Olympics earlier

It's great we won Gold in the diving. Great effort by Sterling, narrowly beating Neymar who had to settle for the Silver...
I had high hopes for him!

Flipper the Priest

Harder.Better.Faster.Stromer.
15 July 2003
Scotland
I have just reminded myself that i meant to post this a few days back. For anyone that's interested it's about my forefathers. @Flipper the Priest i will be on the 13.00 to Aberdeen, to plot the downfall of the monarchy over a few pints of Tennant's. Meet me at the station, i will be the one wearing a kilt and sporran. singing Flower of Scotland in an english accent. :TU:

That was really interesting. Like many, I don't actually know much about the history of my country.

Never seen that guy before. He's a hell of a presence, bloody compelling to listen to. The gig of Scotland's most eminent historian is surely up for grabs now that Neil Oliver's gone rogue.

Carles P.

Premiership
4 October 2017
non of these ESL clubs
One little thing that gives me a little bit of hope in all way!

https://www.zdf.de/comedy/die-anstalt

This is a political cabaret TV show. And not only one, it is the best in germany. But sadly I can't find english subtitels.

It comes one time per month but with a summer break. And every time I watched I have the same feelings at the same time. Lucky, dissapointement, hopefull, full of hate and relief. But the most feeling is hopefull.

Thank you Max Uthoff and Claus von Wagner, love you guys! :LOVE:

Buzzy

14 December 2006
Cyberspace
Liverpool
My current plan to shed the pounds, is simplicity! Eat whatever i want in a day. The catch is you pick a four hour window. The rest of the time you fast but still have fluids (preferebly low to non sugar). It seems to be working! It also improves your brain functioning, and hey! we all know i could do with that!

This is not the video i saw, the one i saw, was from a physician. He was saying "we are the only species on the planet that eat too often" Basically if we adopt the eating habits of an animal, then weight loss is inevitable, as our bodies have time to use the fuel we put in. The way we live is likened to a man who fills his car up drives for 20 miles, and tops it up again. Of course the food companies will tell you the opposite.

It was the physician who recommended the four hour window, for maximum effect. Obviously taking other medical issues into account.

Still not the one i saw but you get the drift.

Last edited:

Buzzy

14 December 2006
Cyberspace
Liverpool
And just to finish off i just watched this great video. From a referee actually. I was surprised at the tame responses he received when asking "what sort of things do people shout at referees". :DD

mattmid

International
15 December 2011
This was one of my greatest football memories :LOVE:. Bloody hell is it really 20 years. Past his best, couldn't really run much and still to this day the best player I've ever seen live. Absolute genius with a football. Could pick out passes that you couldn't even see were on from the stands.

Top Bottom