The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

OOtake is okay, Magic Engine is a shareware. https://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/pcengine/
I don't remember about filter btw, as i play on Raspberry

Edit i forgot @millossobek : PcEngine is called "Pc" but it's not a Pc at all, just a console. Turbografx and Turbografx 16 was their 16 bits console (to rivalise with the megadrive at the time, but sadly they got issues to sell it)
Only 2 games available on TG16 : Dai Dai Makamura > Ghoul's'n Ghost which is better made than the Megadrive version, and Darius Plus, a game compatible with both PC Engine and TG16. But There's no slowdown, some colors in more i think and a scrolling background in more.

I don't remember why it didn't sold, or if the console haven't something less, but there was more colors than the MG, i don't remember the exact issue why it failed.
But i suppose that it was VS the SEGA catalog of all their arcade game (Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Out Run etc.) and PC Engine was already a 8 bits CPU with a graphical processor of 16 bits so... Probably not as much difference with their precedent console who was the most powerful 8 bits from the time / Like i said it was called a "12 bits" due to his architecture, same as the 24 bits Neo Geo.

Last edited:
About my 1st recommandation? Let's say i don't know. I really like ATP and Super Tennis too so it's hard to tell.
What i miss from Tennis game as there's no one looking like isn't a 8 or 16 bits so... Again, EA have a bit been responsible of the Top Spin series death by takin all the players licences with their shitty Gran Slam Tennis. Same like they did with NHL2K which was a very promising and better than their NHL game :(

But their Megadrive version were good, i can't tell the opposite.

Ah talking about Hockey game, there were a lot of fun with this : Slap Shot on Master System.

Blade of Steel, but i got the chance to play only 2 times at a friend house

And finally NHL 92 or the 93? I don't remember well. I'll post the 93 as it's the "middle" of the series.
I really thinked that Hockey was the best team's sport represented on console at that time, in front of Football and Basket game.
The more fun to play, with the fight in the middle etc. šŸ’Ŗ
Until ISS and Super Sidekicks 2

I've actually only played one hockey game, but this one I really enjoyed, one of the first games I ever played! I liked the speed of this game, it was fluid and very fun. I also liked the three type of players template, skinny and fast, normal all rounder, and the sumo guy who was slow and powerful. :LOL: As a kid I always picked the blue team because it had the same colors as Millonarios, looool. I thought this had insane fun factor, in fact I haven't played it in a while, I will check it out soon from my collection once again! :TU:

Did you guys ever play "The Legend of The Mystical Ninja?"

Known in Japan as "Ganbare Goemon", I believe only one version was released outside of Japan, but the sequels, Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shogun Magginesu, Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishijyūrokubei no Karakuri Manji Katame, and Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchū: Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Wake were released in Japan, and I believe there are translations out there for English!

This game is so awesome, it's kind of hard to explain, you just have to play it! It is deeply based on Japanese mythology and legends, and it is full of humor, quirky interesting characters etc. I love medieval asian settings, they are perhaps my favorite worlds ever, so this is right up my alley! It's kind of an RPG, kind of a platformer, 100% entertaining and unique, it is one of the best 16 games out there! Check this saga out bros! :TU:

Here's another one of my early favorites! Wizards and Warriors for the NES? What wasn't to like? Classic Sword and Sorcery, Potions, Boots of Levitation, Large Maze-Like stages, Battle Axes etc. This was one of the best fantasy adventure games I played, and beat it several times. It was great because it was before the age of GamePros, and so there were no walkthroughs, there were many parts where only a potion, or finding a special item could pull you through a stage. Another great part of this game were the bosses, huge bats, skeletons which got larger with each hit, spectres, ghoosts, there was tons of interesting stuff in this game. :TU:

Going now to boxing games, aside from the legendary Punch Out and Super Punch Out, did you guys ever play this? Riddick Bowe Boxing for the SNES. I really thought this was one of the better boxing games, the action was very intense, you could pull off several combinations, and the CPU was much more unpredictable than in other games such as Legends of the Ring! You actually ended up quite tired after a match, because the action was so fast paced and you had to be on your toes.. Great game! :TU:

Here's another one of my early favorites! Wizards and Warriors for the NES? What wasn't to like? Classic Sword and Sorcery, Potions, Boots of Levitation, Large Maze-Like stages, Battle Axes etc. This was one of the best fantasy adventure games I played, and beat it several times. It was great because it was before the age of GamePros, and so there were no walkthroughs, there were many parts where only a potion, or finding a special item could pull you through a stage. Another great part of this game were the bosses, huge bats, skeletons which got larger with each hit, spectres, ghoosts, there was tons of interesting stuff in this game. :TU:

Always see that game and wanted to play it, just from the images. But as i didn't got a NES

Also you just found the game i searched from... Years! I got only one chance to play it (one day not at home)
There was also that one i liked looking like: "Boxing Legends of the Ring"

And "George Foreman for Real" (there was a version without Foreman, like the 8 bits "Heavyweight Champ" too lol, Foreman got many duplicates)
I took the only in 4:3 with the best image. The graphism were stunning at the time with the sprites models based on 3D synthesis images. I don't think the one posted before was using that method. DK Country like method, but before DKC :

There's another game with Foreman, but more based on Punch Out system of gameplay. On video games, Foreman was everywhere, well i love Big George

Also one miss who got only graphism but i got fun with it just for using the same system and the weird robots šŸ˜‚
Rise of the Robots (not considered as a good game, but everyone have at least tried it)

EDIT/ Donkey Kong Country was the one that used the best of that system based on synthesis 3D images one by one, from super-movies from the time, like Terminator 2 etc. BUT not the first at all.

Last edited:
when i was playing this, back then as a kid, it felt a bit like the cheap mario version of SEGA's! :LOL: well, while playing i had to think of my buddy living next door owning a NES! anyway, mucho fun to be had! it was all so new and fancy... :D

Cheap... But to me, WAY better than Super Mario 1! It's was just way too hard, so a bit frustrating.
But not the SM3. Some even prefers it to Super Mario World 1, due the graphical and ambiance part, but when you brought a SNES and discover it for the first time, you're just "WOW" with all those effects, zoom, possibilities of gameplay, Yoshi etc.

It's my favourite Super Mario by far. The 2 was more "Super Yoshi World" i can't compare really as real Super Mario, even if that game was outstanding so i don't put it on my Mario's games list.

I ended Alex Kidd with cheats activated haha impossible otherwise, or it would have took me 2 years of intensive efforts.

Another Sega Game i loved, easier that time. Two version, very different the Arcade one and the Megadrive one.
The Arcade got a port on Master System but unplayable. I played it on arcade and it was like a Shinobi with more swag :

SHADOW DANCER
Megadrive version / Totally different, even more beautiful to me

Arcade version

Also, Shinobi was a really really great game. It deserved a port to Megadrive, based on the arcade version. The Master system was totally different, with 4 bar of energy (one the arcade version, one shot and you die)
The most lookalike version in term of gameplay is on PC Engine.

Here's the Arcade version + above, the Genesis remade version. The guy as done 3 or 4 level i think then no news about it, totally playable and all based on Arcade šŸ˜¢ i hope we will get a full conversion one day. Personally i played MS and Arcade version at the time.

Shinobi Arcade :

Shinobi Megadrive (hack)

... And i can't finish that post without posting this : my favourite Megadrive game with the 3 too >

The Revenge of Shinobi šŸ¤©

Last edited:
Loved The Revenge of Shinobi on Megadrive.. another one of my classics. Never finished it of course lol. I still remember the infinite shurikens trick as it was yesterday.. you put a zero in the menu where you choose how many shurikens to start with, and it turns to the symbol of infinite after some good seconds. I have a fog on my mind on how I learned it.. probably a friend told me as I can't recall ever read it on magazines. Always fascinating to remind how without internet some games remained puzzles without a solution.

We should have the same age perhaps or i got a year older than you mate @crustcyb :LOL:
Sorry about the late reply. Haven't logged much into evo lately...
I thought the "82" in your nick meant you were born in 1982, maybe? I was born in 1979, so anyways, we're about the same age, for sure... And you're correct, I enrolled in college back in 1997, but dropped out. And yes! It was also "computer science".

Back to the SNES, 2 other games I was completely hooked on (and already mentioned by you) were Zelda: Link to The Past and Secret of Mana. Kinda made me wanna try Secret of Evermore, but I never went for it. Maybe now, with emulators I'll try it. Also wanna try those boxing games you posted before! Thanks for the suggestions mate. And you guys keep this thread going, it's pretty awesome! :YES:

Yeah 82 all my friend are around 77-82 so same to me, i'm the "younger" but whatever, i don't give a damn about age.
My grandmother owned an Arcade machine on his tavern ("tavern" don't exist anymore now, but well, a big cafe) and i started games at 4 years old on a chair playing Pac Man, Galaga, and one super game with an helicopter i'm still searching right now.
No, it's not Choplifter, neither Thunder Blade. It was a Shoot-them-up.

Secret of Evermore yes looks a good game, and i also would like to try Chrono Trigger (Akira Toryama for the design) Illusion of Time (i already started it and it was pretty immersive). But i need to check if they are A-RPG or turn by turn, important to me.

Yeah Zelda i played in a friend house, and when i finished the game he send the game to me. I helped him to beat a boss with a simple trick btw, otherwhise he would still be playing the game haha.

Haha count me in I am also similar age as you guys, (early 80's) no wonder we are all the same generation and grew up loving the same games! :BSCARF:

Bros, have you guys ever tried Zelda 3: Link To The Past alternate fan modded quests? Like for example I've heard one of the best ones is called: "Goddess of Wisdom"

1636688341326.png

It's like a completely different game, with a different storyline, puzzles, dungeons, and the actual world is modified too. I've heard there's another one called "Parallel Worlds" but I tried it and wasn't so much of my liking. On the other hand "Goddess of Wisdom" looks pretty cool. I love the idea of fan-modded games, as long as they are well done and respects the classic, it's like discovering an entire new world within the same game. I think there are also fan modded versions of Chrono Trigger and other 16 bit classics!

Anyway, I'm about to try this "Goddess of Wisdom" looks pretty cool!

Last edited:
An alternative basketball i love, besides NBA Jam, it is not on SNES/Genesis but arcade only, the Street Hoop by Dataeast for NeoGeo.

Aka Street Slam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Slam

I have it on MAME and now on mobile, although it is unplayable for touchscreen.

I think it hardly passes as a 16-bit game.I would love it on SNES though.

It is also on Steam for 4ā‚¬. I am sure it will be bugged ported, but i will buy it to support game.

A lovely street 3 on 3 basketball,with some individuality and stats that matter, very prodigy for its age (1994).

Some fun facts,i can finish the game only playing as France which has good balance between 3pointers and dunks, and there is a USA regional version with Cities instead of National Teams, which I've never played. :)

It was always a paradox for me for that era of middle 90s, that the arcade basketball games NBA Jam amd Street Hoop were more realistic and more SIM body and ball models, than the real SIM basketball games like NBA live 9X.

Even NBA Live 2003 for PSX was feel shite.Only when i played NBA Live 2003 for PC, which I suppose was the "nextgen" thing, i felt for the first time a true 5vs5 SIM experience.

But inthink it was more a next gen thing aka PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox.

All the Sega, Nintendo, 8/16bit and PSX, N64 basketball games, seemed to have issues on ball and player implementation,the sprites and the first 3D polygon models didn't seem to work well in that platforms.

Only the ARCADE spinoff Basketball Games seemed to do it correctly.

I agree bro, the NBA Jam/Street Hoop generation of games were much better than the NBA Live 9X counterparts for 16 bit at least. In PC, NBA Live 96 was decent, but in SNES, I never really felt the impact of stats, it seemed like players were hardly different from each other.

Another cool game in this mold was Barkley Shut up and Jam! Originally for The Sega Genesis, and then ported to SNES. I found this game to be really fun, similar to NBA Jam but with no rules, mirroring street basketball. Even though Sir Charles was the only NBA player in the game, you had several colorful playable characters as well!

Completely agree about Basketball game, if only there were a "5 vs 5" system, even NBA JAM T.E. : you got the BASIS to create a Basket Simulation. Height was too in account, stats were accurate, the players were lookalike... Tone done the speed and remove super skills, add 3 players (well it would have took some memory and reduce sprite and details but who cares)
Then no super skills and the ISS Deluxe from 16 bits. I retried that game not so long ago, you can counter long shoot, smash, good defending system etc.

+ The fact that you could choose height (small, normal, tall i think in Snes editor)

And the game got hack for every new season, i didn't checked about the 22 btw.

1636708073643.png

Here : https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-8-bit...ster-system-genesis.88966/page-4#post-3785428

Well, less than the 150 version of ISS Deluxe but well lol. Still didn't figured out how to modify that game, there's tools to modify everything but they don't work that well.
But i think they use different "real professionnal" tools for modding the game as they changes so much things... Only one thing bothered me on ISS deluxe was the stats : i took a Champions League version : every players got 20 on every stats hahaha. Or very weird stats too.

But well, back to NBA JAM T.E. it's still a classic even with 2 players when you put the tag mode ON (so you can play with both players).
I won't lie : i'm not a super fan of that game, has i'm not a basketball fan anymore, but when i see how it could have been in a "Simulation" Mode...

There's few others games like this, with 3 vs 3 etc. pretty fun too and more realistic than NBA Live, more dynamic and reactive.

@millossobek i was about to mention Barkley's game, there's 2 version (the 1st is average, the 2 is pretty good) :D

Time Soldiers, one of my other favourite MS game + the arcade version.
Was a shooter, and every stage was an era (prehistoric, future ect.)

Master System

Arcade

And 2 of course, i played the most, i get to the end to one but not the other.
I didn't finished the second. But one were a SMS game i played on Game Gear: i haved a super add-on to put Master system games on Game Gear.
At the time i was in love with portable consoles. It was fresh, new. Batman, Robocop, Megaman on Gameboy... Super Mario Land and the 2 was genius.
Never played the Zelda btw, there's a better version on GB Color (never got, neither the GB Advance)

And my all time favorite Game Gear game, i was super pissed later when i learned there were 2 sequels:BRICK::D

Graphically, with the small screen and system to not make too pixelated (like i explained with the scanlines on a CRT for example), it was a superb game
5 ninjas with 5 differents skills. Awesome version. The bosses OST :PRAY:
Well, just for you to guess the difficulty, it was +- as hard as MEGAMAN so... Never ended it with all my will at the time, only on Emulation 15 years laters.

Wow! I had no idea that NBA Jam TE was modded for every NBA season! I was actually wondering about that, just before you posted it.
I think my absolute favorite season would have to be 95-96, when my Chicago Bulls won 72 games, the first Championship since MJ came back, and the Bulls' 4th overall.

@vialli82 I'll be looking for this modded NBA Jam TE, no question! :TU:

EDIT: Found this version, not 95-96 season, but a full modded with 90's legends! I will be checking this out for sure!!!!
I love 90's basketball, to me the very best era.

NES' Bionic Commando was so awesome. There were the unique gameplay aspects, swinging on the hook, the weaponry, etc.. ButI think the best part about this game, and were I think it really shined, was the infiltration aspect. It really felt like your character was doing military infiltration, and I remember as a kid there were some pretty spooky moments were you feel like you were really doing espionage and intelligence missions which were so exciting.. This game definitely makes me think that video game makers in this era were so creative, using a limited capacity they created games full of atmosphere! :TU:

Never got it on NES but on Arcade, it was a super hard game, looking a lot like Ghost'n'Goblins (probably the same Capcom CPS1 Arcade)

I played the remake on PS3, it was genius. I preferred to play that game than some big big production. Was a big fan of it.
I think it was +- similar but more fluid than the NES game, improved, not a copy paste, sorry for the O.T., well i'm posting remake of old games so

They've re-made a 2 (you could've... Jump) and even with not so good notes like 6/10 etc. i loved that version too but could've finish it as i got to give my PS3. Sad they didn't sorted it on PC.

It start with a helicopter and you read some conversation with some youth with bionic stuffs, a kind of Commando, i love the way they re-introduce the "real" "Bionic Commando" Spencer, just look at the start. Don't check the ratings it's a very good game.
Just take a look at 2m55-3min, it's funny how they introduce Bionic "Spencer" Commando... With a stache :D

Haha lool yes that stache is indeed epic! :LOL:
Those remakes look really cool, no doubt! I am glad that platformers are doing well, nothing like them! Like the soundtrack too, very atmospheric! One thing I really admired about the original Bionic Commando was that with limited 8-bit engine, they were able to create that scary military intelligence feeling, the wiretapping and all that. Those times were just so creative. :TU:

Last edited:
Yes i tried it on NES and i was "wow, on NES?", and they even improved the AI again on the remake from test. Some weapons in more (on wiki grenade and 3-4 others i don't know what they do exactly) i think they "extended" the map probalby. But the path was the same, better for fans.

The 2nd is like a 8/10 from user games so... Not a bad one.
But i've just made the 2 first levels, and the feeling was there, just more... Free, more space, in counterpart attacks were less "straight" and level bigger.
Let's say more conventional as you can jump but the bionic arm was still a big big part of it (let's say you've got to jump and launch the extensible arm for reaching some area.
Not better than the first, but i think it's still on the PSN and Xbox Live (not sure...)

I just discovered that version (there's a GBC version with the girl you see in the Rearmed version)

Well, the Arcade version was cool, but the NES version, even with 8 bits graphics, was more immersive for sure.

Just some fighting games, the first drived me crazy on NES and Arcade (i'll post the consoles version)

Kung Fu or Kung Fu Master, in fact really close to the arcade game in everything (on every support practically)

Vigilante / Master system, Arcade and PC Engine (rest was Amiga and similar Atari ST / Computer console mixed)
Gameplay talking it was much more reactive on Arcade/PC Engine but i loved it on Master System.
PC Engine is ultra close to arcade if not similar. Perhaps smaller sprite

Renegade / Arcade basis, console MS, NES, Arcade (and other C64, Amiga etc.)
I often misunderstood that game name with Vigilante so i post it šŸ˜‚

Looks cool on a real tv no?

There's another Kung Fu game i love, well i will post it i think it's a Master System exclusive but there's some alternate names:
Kung Fu Kid > Master System only

Oh, man, I used to love the old school Kung-Fu NES game. I still play that to this day, somehow going through the five levels never gets old. I also try to beat the last boss without using the "sweep cheat", meaning I try to mix it up with different tactics when I face I think his name was Mr. X.

Renegade looks really cool, it's kind of like a Sega version of Double Dragon 2, even with the back kick and everything, lol. And Kung Fu Kid looks really cool too, I like the design of the stages, with very chinese ambiance. I will defnitely check that one out.

Following on martial arts games, I think I posted this one here before, but not the video, so check this out.. I found this one to be one of the most entertaining pure Martial Arts games in any console.. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu!

This game is really awesome, difficulty is not too hard, but the ambiance and the action is really fun, very colorful and nice sprites for 8-bit too. :TU:

(Again) There's another version on PC Engine out one year later.
Well that's the game i saw on TV and would have loved to play, but didn't have NES. I loved Kung Fu games.
That one was one of the one i wanted the most lol

Also, if you Remember "Bloodsports" movie with J.C. Vandamme : he play with one guy who will become his partner later at a game :
If you want to know, there were 2 part in the arcade, the old game with 10 "francs" on Belgium, 25 cents and recent game at 50 cents for one game.
That one was on the already oldies part, and i never understood how to play... Until i got it on MAME. And as there was 2 directionnal stick (yes, very special), only one start button... Well it fitted with my 2 analog or better for the precision up > triangle, square > left etc.

Then i started to understand an play that game, it was super addictive! And the AI increased by adversary, also the background changed. I recommand to set up your command with a similar PS4 pad type (better for precision) and try it. I played it at least 15 days lol

The first real VS games, way before Street Fighter :

KARATE CHAMP

Now two others games, one i played on Amiga at my cousin house, the other on Arcade but it was on NES too.
They even made a PSX version haha. I haved a C64 with TNMT practically similar to NES version, but not that one (well not similar to Amiga)

International Karate (Plus / Amiga version. The others on Atari ST)
Super fun game. That's the one who gets a PS version at low price.

Yie Ar Kung Fu
I tried both, NES and Arcade, they were very different on feeling and moves (more moves, interraction etc.)
I prefers the Arcade gameplay, but those who grown up with the NES one, it was one hell of a game.
Let's say it's +- a different version, based on the NES, even boss act differently, so it was super good too.

There's others ports of that game on others supports. Not on SMS unfortunately

NES version

Arcade version

Last edited:
Hahahahaha you are a retro video game machine bro!!

I always wondered about that game. Actually JCVD is one of my favorite actors, and I love his movies "Bloodsport", "Kickboxer", "Double Impact", and of course, "Lionheart" my favorite.. I totally know what scene you are talking about, the one in the arcade with his friend "Jackson" :LOL:

I was going to post Yie-Ar Kung Fu! That's another one of my favorites.. I still remember the order of the enemies: Wang, Tao, Chen, Bonus Stage, Lang, Mu! hahahah I always wanted to play the arcade version too.

By the way the screen of the last video looks like poor Buchu won't be having any kids anytime soon. šŸ¤£

Bloodsport wasn't even released in Cinemas (was supposed to)
But after the success the movie get on location, people and producers decided to take the movie and port it again to Cinemas.
Frank Dux was a "legend" in fact, an hoax or a real romanced story.... We'll never know, but most people think all was fake

Just for saying, as i was doing Karate when i was younger. And our Sensei invited the JCVD coach, Claude Goetz, to show a demonstration with his apprentice... After that, we all thinked "are we really doing training or even Karate šŸ˜… ???"
When you see 8-10 years old, doing pump on their punch, like 30 pump perfectly upright, and then 12 years olds breaking wooden plates all with a jumped return kicks...

It was another world. And that guy was like guys you see in a movie with a tank top, super muscular, like a military... And he said one word about Jean-Claude "i was harder with him than with my apprentice"... Sincerely, he was a real fighter, more than we through. But his principal quality was more about his body flexibility.

One last thing, i saw a documentary with him at Hong Kong (where he did his movies at the time) he invinted his old friend Bolo Yeung (Chong Li) mean, he was super slim and super symphatic, he's was mastering Tai-Chi now so forget the musculature. They were almost tearing by seeing themselves when they meet. They meeted on that restaurant also Danny Trejo.
I don't remember if he was with his friend he invited to play Tong Po, a Moroccan from Bruxelles well he doesn't look at all like Tong Po, the opposite to Bolo. It was a beef still doing Kick Boxing in fact (not Muay Thai > But in Kickboxer movie that's not what they're doing as a combat at the end : it's Muay Boran, the "non sportive" version of Muay thai, the real martial art)

I'm FURIOUS that i don't found the whole documentary, with Trejo. Also, about Bolo health... We don't know if he still alive or not :(
it's keept secret... I understand.

Bolo Yeung is such a legend bro, as far as I know, he is still alive and doing well. :TU: I won't forget him as Chong Li and also as the villain in Double Impact, great to hear that Bolo and JCVD maintained their good friendship through the years.

Also, the name of the actor who played Tong Po is Michael Qissi I believe, JCVD's best friend growing up. I really liked his sympathetic side as well, remember the character "Mustapha" from Lionheart? He really played a cool character there, you can really feel his warmth as an actor and charisma! I really wish he had more roles as a "good guy" as well, great character actor!

1636857683273.png

Another great early NES game, very early, I think it was the same time as Karate Champ, was KARATEKA. This game felt very Japanese in feeling, just starting in an open space, with the sea in the background, and only the natural sounds. Really makes the think of the cool simple world that is generated as well with such simple programming techniques. This game was really hard, I was never able to complete it, in fact, I think maybe I will go back and try to beat it soon! A very atmospheric, early 8 bit game, almost feels like Atari!

Mohammed Qissi to be exact, he was a friend an body-guard of JCVD.
Btw, "Lionheart" is called "Full Contact" in others countries. Yes i think it's him, but i didn't see Full Contact since a longggg time lol.
FTM i'm a bit more Sly movies. I've eated JCVD all my youth, as he was our superstar in Belgium haha

Don't know the game but it looks like a B-T-A with the same system as Karate Champ. Btw Karate Champ was also on NES.

On C64, Bruce Lee, loved that game. c64 was so cheap and more than playable : i put my Master System controller on. And got TMNT at like 5 euros.
You can thrust me, on a small old TV, the graphisms were pretty good, and it was my second C64 favourite game. I will post my first favourite on the next post. Bruce Lee was the 3rd

I remember, my very first arcade game was the game that killed your NES controller, well arcade button were more solid ;)

Track and Field (out on practically all oldest console, NES was the newer console to get it)
I remember that the latest High Jump was pretty difficult

It's the good opportunity to present you a very very good Channel you perpharps already know "Let's Compare" with all the versions of one game. Some are atrocious and funny. Some outstanding. I spend hours to watch comparisons. Nes and MSX are the best arcade ports. Apple II please :LMAO:

And i can't post it without mentioning another well known California Games, another multi-games we played a lot at a friend home, well we all played always the same events (Surf and Skateboarding, Half Pipe was hell to play)
I tried the Megadrive version, the command response was better but still hell to play

To change, another pretty hard game, out on NES too but i played it in oldies arcade, Gunsmoke. The thing is if i remember there were three button and much more possibility to shoot in some direction in Arcade then, with combination of button. On Nes you got less directions for shooting but the game was "retouched" for not having too hard. Also to shoot straight, you got to push the two buttons on NES lol.

Out also on a compilation i tried, with a small bit larger screen scale, i remember there was all that you possessed and score (as there was a lot of shoot-them-up or shooter with a vertical long screen. It's tiny when you play it on a normal TV with big bars)

And one of my favourite B-T-A of all time.
With Final Fight of course but well, it's way too much known so not interesting to post that game (Arcade and Sega CD were the best btw : Snes missed one or two stage and censure... But got the 2 and the 3 exclusivity. No sequel on Arcade btw, Snes only!)....

Cadillacs and Dinausaurs. Arcade only, it's pretty rare to mention it, not even a PSN or Xbox Live or Steam buy at 10 euros, like for example they did with lot of Neo Geo games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom