The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

Here’s an interesting and unique game on the Neo Geo CD which I plan to eventually try out. I guess it can be described as a first person slash em’ up!

@PES4eva That does look interesting! It's kind of like those early 90's PC shoot-em ups meets King of Dragons! :TU:

I've been playing Super Ninja Kun for SNES lately, and I'm finding the world/gameplay very charming. It retains similar elements to the NES versions I posted earlier, but instead of having to beat all enemies on the screen, it has a more traditional move through the stages type of setup. All in all, I find the Ninja-Kun world very fun, and well even though it wasn't very popular outside of Japan, I would've liked to have seen a sequel to it in the 32 bit generation, or even some indie retrogames! I like its simple and colorful approach. :)

@PES4eva That does look interesting! It's kind of like those early 90's PC shoot-em ups meets King of Dragons! :TU:

I've been playing Super Ninja Kun for SNES lately, and I'm finding the world/gameplay very charming. It retains similar elements to the NES versions I posted earlier, but instead of having to beat all enemies on the screen, it has a more traditional move through the stages type of setup. All in all, I find the Ninja-Kun world very fun, and well even though it wasn't very popular outside of Japan, I would've liked to have seen a sequel to it in the 32 bit generation, or even some indie retrogames! I like its simple and colorful approach. :)
I do like a good platformer. I’ve not heard of this or seen it before so thanks for the tip. Kind of reminds me of Alex Kid in Shinobi World.

I've been playing "The Mark of Kri" lately for the PS2 and I've been really enjoying it! I love these type of games, similar to Xbox's Jade Empire (which is one of my favorite games of all time). Not too heavy on the RPG text but with a good story, good action and ambiance, and culture based on Ancient China (I really love the world it's set in). The PS2 is such a massive console, and I'm just discovering their huge catalog, there's so many genres to choose from. But in anycase, "The Mark of Kri" has been a really cool experience, the characters are well developed and the action is intense. :TU:

Another great action RPG adventure but set in the future is Rogue Galaxy!
I don’t think many people would have heard of it. Bad promotion of the game I’d imagine. A shame because it’s a real gem:

Rogue Galaxy looks cool! Even though I am more of a medieval or ancient civilizations fan, I like the fact that it's sword-based!
Great presentation and the action looks great. Will put it on my list for sure! :TU:

Rogue Galaxy looks cool! Even though I am more of a medieval or ancient civilizations fan, I like the fact that it's sword-based!
Great presentation and the action looks great. Will put it on my list for sure! :TU:
Maybe Drakengard 1 & 2 would be more your thing:

Sword play and riding dragons. What’s not to like

Here's another forgotten PS2 game that I discovered recently: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy! Another one in the BTA genre (one of my favorite), this one has a bit more of a puzzle/adventure twist! Besides Ancient Chinese culture, I've also always been fascinated by Ancient Egypt, so anything that has to do with the pantheon and the Egyptian Legends and Gods is a great addition in my book! I'm a few hours in and I have to say that this game has really caught my eye, I will definitely be taking my time with this one!

Back
Top Bottom