The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

Are you talking about the Asterix franchise or the specific game? Well the franchise, the comic basically comes from France as you correctly said, and it is pretty popullar in a lot European countries. France (original), Greece, Germany, Belgium, Italy possibly, Spain, Portugal, Holland.

Imagine in Greece, it is the only comic i know, that it was published in 4 versions, the common Greek dialect, in ancient Greek and 2 local dialects Pontic and Cretab. That has never happened for any other comic.

Well besides the comic, i think the games are also well appreciated. I think the recent Switch Asterix Slap'em all platform is very amuzing.

Now on topic, i loved a lot the SNES Asterix & Obelix, almost Nintendo Exclusive by Infogrames (GB, GBC, SNES and PC). It was my second game for SNES and until today i believe it was very difficult platform. It had some side-scrolling and bottom-up scrolling stages, some mini games like Olympic games, rugby in the act in Britain, etc.

The mini games:

Olympic Games

Rugby match

I knew it was popular in France because it’s where it originated and I know it was quite popular in the uk because it’s where I live. I didn’t realise it was popular all over Europe though.

There’s a game series called Dizzy which used to be popular in the uk but no one in the US has heard of it. Do you know of Dizzy?

I knew it was popular in France because it’s where it originated and I know it was quite popular in the uk because it’s where I live. I didn’t realise it was popular all over Europe though.

There’s a game series called Dizzy which used to be popular in the uk but no one in the US has heard of it. Do you know of Dizzy?

Nope, it's the first time i am seeing this. Looks like it combines a lot of genres. One version reminded me Bomberman and another one the Seven-Up game from Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive :D And another one the game BEYOND DARK CASTLE for Mac. :)

Nope, it's the first time i am seeing this. Looks like it combines a lot of genres. One version reminded me Bomberman and another one the Seven-Up game from Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive :D
Some of those are spin offs. I guess the main games would be classed as puzzle platformers if I had to define the genre.
Maybe they’re just known in the UK. I looked up some info on it and it says they are designed by the Oliver twins, published by code masters and it was one of the most successful British game franchises in the 80s and 90s

Posted this in retro PES sub forum but thought it would be suitable for this thread too.
Winning eleven on Gameboy Advance!
Owned it back in the day and it was pretty good to say it was on the GBA.

Posted this in retro PES sub forum but thought it would be suitable for this thread too.
Winning eleven on Gameboy Advance!
Owned it back in the day and it was pretty good to say it was on the GBA.

To add on to what I said in the retro pes corner, this is an absolute gem.

I always thought that one of the joys of retrogaming is seeing what game developers could make with limited characteristics and capacity!
Like you mentioned, it's amazing that with the GBA's limitations, they managed to make it similar to the console versions! :TU:

I think creativity really shines when these game developers were given a 16 bit engine, which I'm supposing GBA is!
SHUTTO!!

@PES4eva Those look really fun. :) Actually the only two golf games I've played significantly are the Links 90's series when I was a kid (Great series, the atmosphere and realism were really great, they made you feel like you were on the golf course) 🏌️‍♂️

And also of course, Mario Golf 64 (for some reason I always pick Bowser in Mario games, whether it's golf, kart, etc).. Loads of fun with this one with friends. Agree, Golf video games are fun. ⛳ :TU:

Never played Links. I’m guessing it’s for PC. Looks very sim-like, not sure it would be my kinda thing.

I’ve played Mario Golf several years ago emulated. I think I emulated on PSP but not sure. I just felt it wasn’t as good as Everybody’s golf or Pangya. Maybe it was because I was used to the style of those games and I’m not really a fan of N64 games in general.
I did buy Mario Golf rush on the switch to see if I enjoyed it but I’ve ended up playing it once because it sucked lol

Are there fans of Everybody’s Golf 3 & 4 (Hot shots golf) on PlayStation 2?
I don’t even like golf but I really like golf video games for some reason.

Another great golf game, this time on PSP was Pangya. Loads of fun

LOVE Everybody's Golf, I have 2 on PS1, that is awesome. I have PS4 game and Vita too. Great gameplay and just awesome fun vibe.

Last edited:
@PES4eva Those look really fun. :) Actually the only two golf games I've played significantly are the Links 90's series when I was a kid (Great series, the atmosphere and realism were really great, they made you feel like you were on the golf course) 🏌️‍♂️

And also of course, Mario Golf 64 (for some reason I always pick Bowser in Mario games, whether it's golf, kart, etc).. Loads of fun with this one with friends. Agree, Golf video games are fun. ⛳ :TU:

I recently played one of the Links games, later one though. Does have a very realistic vibe and yes really does feel like you're on the course and enjoying a round. Everybody's Golf is just more fun though. I tried one of the old Tiger Woods games that I loved as a teen, but the putting ruined my fun, as it tells you exactly how far to aim wide and long/short. It's the most important and interesting part of the game, reading greens, so it's dumb forcing you to view the read.

LOVE Everybody's Golf, I have 2 on PS1, that is awesome. I have PS4 game and Vita too. Great gameplay and just awesome fun vibe.

I have it for Vita too. Whether that is legally or not I’ll let you guess lol
All my gaming stuff is in storage at the moment. I’m getting serious gaming withdrawal 😂

The Vita version is maybe my fave. The Vita is a thing of such beauty, the world wasn't ready for it. I use mine a lot. PSP, PS1 and Vita games.
It’s a good version but I prefer the PS2 versions.
I only really use my Vita for PSP games and a handful of Vita games. Mainly it’s psp games since it has native support.
If your system is hacked you should definitely try out Pangya, I think it’s better than Everybody’s golf PSP versions.

Back
Top Bottom