The Retro-PES Corner

Here you go, I made a note for myself in case I forget.

Transferring Option File from PC (Mac) to PS2

PC Part
  1. Open “PS2SaveConvertor”
  2. Select “Open”
  3. Select the Option File
  4. Select “Open”
  5. Right click “BESLES…etc”
  6. Select “Extract File”
  7. Save it to the desktop (remember what you named it)
  8. Close “PS2SaveConvertor”
  9. Insert “MaxDrive”
  10. Copy the recently saved file to the “MaxDrive”
  11. Eject “MaxDrive”

PS2 Part
  1. Insert “MaxDrive”
  2. Turn on the PS2
  3. Select “uLaunchELF”
  4. Select “File Browser”
  5. Press OK on “mc0” (that is the memory card in slot 1”
  6. Press OK on “BESLES…OPT”
  7. Mark “BESLES…OPT” (that is the option file currently on the memory card)
  8. Press R1
  9. Select “Delete”
  10. Press UP twice
  11. Press OK on “mass” (that is the MaxDrive)
  12. Mark “BESLES…OPT” (that is the new option file)
  13. Press R1
  14. Select “Copy”
  15. Press UP
  16. Press OK on “mc0”
  17. Press OK on “BESLES…OPT”
  18. Press R1
  19. Select “Paste”
Your option file has now been transferred from your PC to your PS2.

Enjoy!

Any problems, one of us will hel
Brilliant, many thanks - even I was able to figure this out and it worked! Also with the simple USB stick as you said before. Fantastic stuff. 🥰

Got the Option File @Juventino32, looks really good with full Premier League. 😀 Must give your 22/23 file geeeeee a spin later as well.

Brilliant, many thanks - even I was able to figure this out and it worked! Also with the simple USB stick as you said before. Fantastic stuff. 🥰

Got the Option File @Juventino32, looks really good with full Premier League. 😀 Must give your 22/23 file geeeeee a spin later as well.

Glad you got it working! Saw your last post and I knew @geeeeee made a great tutorial. Right enough, there he came with it!

As far as playing games via USB goes, let this video, and https://cdromance.com, be your friends!

View attachment 257285

It does have j league teams.
Maybe the US/ South American release of we10 is different.

Nope, this is the j league, as @FC Bayern said it was released near the end of 2006, konami made this games until 2010 where they were called j league we xx but we xx games are way different to this, usually they were the same version but for ntsc tv's we10 was mostly for japan never got a us version, we9 have two version the international version which is the us release, then we9 japan which is NOT j league we9 game, we9 japan many people said is even different from pes5 and we9i, which are the same game basically in fact the ones we have on pc

Going back, j league we10 yes is basically pes6 even faster if you ask me, we10 is pes5.5

Indeed. For what it's worth - for differentiation - the 'regular' WEs are all prefixed by 'World Soccer' in the title.

Incidentally, World Soccer is what the ISS series was called in Japan. Just to confuse matters further.

What's more, for more mud, 'Jikkyou' is thrown into some titles in both the World Soccer and earlier World Soccer Winning Eleven franchises.

Cheers, Konami!

Totally inexperienced here with PS2 games, but interested in that 06/07 J-League + European teams game to try something different.

So… According to your experience, could there be a way to edit its OF in some way which is not the “ingame editor” one?
I think it would not be hard for me to export it from the memory card with MyMC and then be able to import it back the same way, it’s the actual OF editor which I don’t know anything about.

EDIT: I just found the J-League OF editor by @marqisspes6 and I'll try that one. Silly me!

Last edited:
Indeed. For what it's worth - for differentiation - the 'regular' WEs are all prefixed by 'World Soccer' in the title.

Incidentally, World Soccer is what the ISS series was called in Japan. Just to confuse matters further.

What's more, for more mud, 'Jikkyou' is thrown into some titles in both the World Soccer and earlier World Soccer Winning Eleven franchises.

Cheers, Konami!
so, fun fact : maybe you guys already knew this but "Jikkyou" means live commentary. to be honest, if i managed to get Jon Kabira in my game, i would've also found a way to put it in the title.

Glad you got it working! Saw your last post and I knew @geeeeee made a great tutorial. Right enough, there he came with it!

As far as playing games via USB goes, let this video, and https://cdromance.com, be your friends!

I have freemcboot too,but i always stuck with white screen when i try to start a game. The only iso that worked are we9le and we10. I followed the right procedure so i don't know how to solve it.

I have freemcboot too,but i always stuck with white screen when i try to start a game. The only iso that worked are we9le and we10. I followed the right procedure so i don't know how to solve it.

if you're using an USB this could be due to fragmentation, over network this doesnt really happens, on fat you can use an HDD i think IDE? but i have slim

anyway, i figure that out when i checked this video
try enabling the fragmentation check and that way you'll figure out if your usb needs a defragmentation

if you're using an USB this could be due to fragmentation, over network this doesnt really happens, on fat you can use an HDD i think IDE? but i have slim

anyway, i figure that out when i checked this video
try enabling the fragmentation check and that way you'll figure out if your usb needs a defragmentation
Thank you! Yes Indeed It must be the fragmentation, cause i used to enable the message,and the message appears when i tryed to Start the iso.
So It is not the iso who Is fragmented but the whole USB stick?

Thank you! Yes Indeed It must be the fragmentation, cause i used to enable the message,and the message appears when i tryed to Start the iso.
So It is not the iso who Is fragmented but the whole USB stick?

the fragmentation is related to the USB, with that tool mentioned you can decide what you want to defrag if the whole files or just specific files

Installation is not difficult, you download and install version 3.5, select the PES 2013 folder (clean game) and complete installation, after that, open the file with version 3.9, install it in the game folder as well and finally, install the gameplay tool file also following the previous steps. I didn't have any problems with this patch, it works perfectly.
I redownloaded everything and it works great now. Thank you. The newest update is amazing too.

I have to write the most basic and simple instructions for myself otherwise I will go back to it in a months time and completely forget what to do :LOL:

I have to write the most basic and simple instructions for myself otherwise I will go back to it in a months time and completely forget what to do :LOL:

Your instructions are really handy because they're so concise. A lot of the tutorials online waffle on. And sometimes good old-fashioned written down guides are welcome to allow you to go at your own pace without pausing and unpausing a video!

Your instructions are really handy because they're so concise. A lot of the tutorials online waffle on. And sometimes good old-fashioned written down guides are welcome to allow you to go at your own pace without pausing and unpausing a video!

Thanks Flipper but I can't take all the praise, I was inspired by this guy...although I did find myself pausing and unpausing his video :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks Flipper but I can't take all the praise, I was inspired by this guy...although I did find myself pausing and unpausing his video :LOL:

It's a hard disagree from this guy - you put the sugar in before the milk because milk first drops the temperature which means the sugar takes longer to dissolve. And he didn't specify the brewing time, which is 2-4 minutes unless you like it piss weak.

I'm this close to making my own tea video. 😄

PES 17 was honestly the best in the series

I think it is the best of the newer games but one thing that put me off was the shooting. If I remember, every shot was well hit regardless of stats or the player. Each shot is either on target or just past the post. No scuffed shots or high shots over the bar.

Apart from that, i loved the physicality of the game.

Another thing (sorry having a bit of a rant now :P ) which is the same with all the new games, is the cut scenes. Please just let me play the game rather than watch players moaning to the ref while i keep pressing the skip button about 3 or 4 times.

Sorry you cannot beat the PS2 games in my opinion, but PES 2017 is still the best of the newer bunch ;)

Another thing (sorry having a bit of a rant now :P ) which is the same with all the new games, is the cut scenes. Please just let me play the game rather than watch players moaning to the ref while i keep pressing the skip button about 3 or 4 times.

Ironically it's the ps2 gen that has many cutscenes compare to modern one. Try to play pes 4 or pes 5, especially pes 4 where almost everything is cutscene.

Ironically it's the ps2 gen that has many cutscenes compare to modern one. Try to play pes 4 or pes 5, especially pes 4 where almost everything is cutscene.

Really? Being honest I cannot remember PES4 but PES5, 6 and 2008 yep they have cut scenes but thankfully they are short or just one button press to get past.

Just looking at my old PES 2017 youtube highlight videos and I just remembered how annoying they are:

Player annoyed because he missed

2 in one here, goalkeeper hyped, then replay, then player annoyed again

Goalkeeper hyped again because of missed shot

Player annoyed because of missing a chance

I give up now because there are so many. Basically in PES 2017 every missed chance has a cut scene either for goalkeeper or defender. :D

Pes 4 is the worst in terms of cutscenes Like damn, every foul, goal kick ( even the bad one ) you name cutscenes everywhere. It tone down a bit in pes 5 but still bad cause too many "phantom foul" then comes 6, 2008, etc then it became "acceptable"

The worst part from ps2 gen was there's noticable delay. You need to to watch few seconds of cutscenes before that damn small button appear to skip it. Pes 4 is the worst of them all between 4 to 6.

I'll take newer one anyday in terms of this, cause it's much easier to skip.

Back
Top Bottom