The Retro-PES Corner

Finally managed to qualify for the Euros on PES 2008 (PS2), but only just! I was rather excited to give the finals a good go after such a hard effort to qualify (glorious that these old games had such a thing). So onto the finals. Group stage:

England 0 Portugal 2
England 0 Austria 1
England 1 Spain 1

That's that then. Doesn't bode well for football coming home. :(

I don't :LOL: But I do expect it!
I think you'll go far tbh.
Interesting to see the big guns,Germany/France/Italy (great tonight) and perhaps Spain/Croatia.
I've always preferred the Euros Vs WC,the quality is s a bit more compressed,not many fillers like it can be in the WC

I think you'll go far tbh.
Interesting to see the big guns,Germany/France/Italy (great tonight) and perhaps Spain/Croatia.
I've always preferred the Euros Vs WC,the quality is s a bit more compressed,not many fillers like it can be in the WC
As an Italian, I don't think we'll be able to fight for the win unfortunately but hey... One could always hope.

Played around with Pes 12+13+14 last night,since I'm about to start a ML on one of those.

Tbh,13 is way to frantic for me,it's all men on the offensive deck there,just attack attack attack.
I actually prefer 12 Vs 13.
My main problem is that I have to unlock club teams (100 gp)

I really liked my time spent with 14,might have a go there

Played around with Pes 12+13+14 last night,since I'm about to start a ML on one of those.

Tbh,13 is way to frantic for me,it's all men on the offensive deck there,just attack attack attack.

Enjoyed PES 2013 for the fun game it was but it lacks midfield play and the ML is poor with way over-powered player development. And then there's the special boots!

PES 2012 is better by far. Rock hard difficulty. The only issue I recall (other than the usual lost ML features) is the issue with shooting with lower-rated players. Shots seemed to go centrally all the time, no matter how you aimed. Not an issue when you get decent players, which you need against that AI.

Enjoyed PES 2013 for the fun game it was but it lacks midfield play and the ML is poor with way over-powered player development. And then there's the special boots!

PES 2012 is better by far. Rock hard difficulty. The only issue I recall (other than the usual lost ML features) is the issue with shooting with lower-rated players. Shots seemed to go centrally all the time, no matter how you aimed. Not an issue when you get decent players, which you need against that AI.
I really enjoyed my pes 12 on PS3 a few years back.
Yes,shooting a bit weird,one good thing is if you're positioned wrong when shooting you'll miss,very good implementation of real shooting.

I've always picked 13 over 12 mainly because of content (stadiums) but I think 12 is a better game.
Looking fw to start a new ML on my 360

any recommendations for we9le patches with WC or EURO?
I am working on something, not for WE9LE tho, but for WE 9, it will feature full World Cup 1990 and leagues of 90 91 season. So far I have finished Serie A, French league and half of the Bundesliga, a few English and Spanish teams and other European clubs. World Cup 1990 teams I already created them all, just need to edit a lot of appearances and fix a few faces. Creating the other clubs is tough, I don't know when I will finish them all. Started similar projects around 1982 and 1986 World Cups a while ago but those will not feature so many leagues as I don't find enough information

I am working on something, not for WE9LE tho, but for WE 9, it will feature full World Cup 1990 and leagues of 90 91 season. So far I have finished Serie A, French league and half of the Bundesliga, a few English and Spanish teams and other European clubs. World Cup 1990 teams I already created them all, just need to edit a lot of appearances and fix a few faces. Creating the other clubs is tough, I don't know when I will finish them all. Started similar projects around 1982 and 1986 World Cups a while ago but those will not feature so many leagues as I don't find enough information
I'll be looking at this eagerly :))
Do you have a thread for it?
Having one will help I suppose

Anyone remember which Winning Eleven/ISS where the defender could take a goal kick ?

It's not when players get an offside or foul (free kick) but really a goal kick. It's a rare & randomly happen though i saw it when i was a kid and experience it only one or two.

The only thing i remember it's a PS1 game, not sure if it's ISS or WE.

Anyone remember which Winning Eleven/ISS where the defender could take a goal kick ?

It's not when players get an offside or foul (free kick) but really a goal kick. It's a rare & randomly happen though i saw it when i was a kid and experience it only one or two.

The only thing i remember it's a PS1 game, not sure if it's ISS or WE.

Outfield players take goal kicks in Goal Storm, but I think that's the only KCET game in which it's a feature on PS1. Can't think of any KCEO!

Outfield players take goal kicks in Goal Storm, but I think that's the only KCET game in which it's a feature on PS1. Can't think of any KCEO!
Just saw a preview on YT, no it's not that game, i never play it. It's either ISS or WE, maybe WE ? I mostly play WE on PS1 but never pay attention which version.

I don't exactly remember this but I think the defender needs to be captain and/or GK is not fit (white arrow down), it's rarely happen though.

Sometimes i really miss the robotic commentary of jon champion i feel like reinstalling pes 5 or 6🤣🤣
OR WHEN HE SAYS: ouuwww nearly, but in football terms, nearly is nowhere, hilariouss.....

I liked 14 but only for it s freekick interations,probably the best ever freekick mechanism in a football game,i loved it and i scored a lot of em

I'll be looking at this eagerly :))
Do you have a thread for it?
Having one will help I suppose

Haven't made one yet as I worked on it almost silently for now but it is a good idea and I will create one. Will definitely ask for help with graphical stuff later as I am not able to do those nice menus, music, scoreboards, referee kits etc that I see in other patches and that are like the cherry on top and add a lot of authencity and nostalgia feeling to such patches. I am focusing on Option File for now, work on tactics using official Fifa reports of the World Cups that I found in the internet etc. I have already added stadiums, 1990 World Cup ball, all kits I could find until now for clubs and national teams and many faces (bur some faces need to be replaced with better quality later) and boots for the players of 1990 WC - checking players separately in Google images to find the boots they wore is fun, you see so many different brands and not only 99,9 % wearing the latest colorful model by Nike/Adidas/Puma like today.

and boots for the players of 1990 WC - checking players separately in Google images to find the boots they wore is fun, you see so many different brands and not only 99,9 % wearing the latest colorful model by Nike/Adidas/Puma like today.
You had to be a proper player to get away with brightly coloured boots back then or face ridicule from the crowd, as least in England anyway. :LOL:

Doing some editing to PES2008 and registering national team players using the in game editor.

Trying to register Silvan Widmer into the Switz team but the game won’t allow it. Instead he is automatically added to Japan. I just noticed that he was registered there twice for the two times that i tried to put him in the Switz team. I am guessing it will work using PESfan editor but Konami confuse me more and more :BLINK:

Off with a screamer for my first ML game,Rayo at home Vs Valencia.
A very convincing 4-2 win,last 30 (in this heat) hardly able to grip my sweaty controller.

20 min pro and manual passing, not touching the hardest (so far until unlocked) difficulty until I've played Barca/Real in really find out how tough it is.

Haven't even figured out how to change tactics in the fly yet,Konami isn't that helpful...
Took me an hour or so to figure out off/Def balance:)
Underated game this.

Back
Top Bottom